Newman unlikely to start this year?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2166496 said:
after listening to TNEW on MIKES SHOW on espn,TNEW says he is feeling much better and even though the coach says 3 weeks,he feels it will be closer to 2...so i tend to believe TNEW over anyone else:star:
thankyou for saying that. what a sigh of relief

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow...he won't start this year now? I think they either love reaching or really love sounding stupid.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that 3 weeks was the expected minimum that he would be out. However, a groin tear is an injury that could linger until it fully heals. I wouldn't be disappointed one bit if Newman was kept out through the remainder of training camp and pre-season to give him time to fully heal. His past injury history does not suggest that he is a quick healer so let him take his time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2166692 said:
I remember reading somewhere that 3 weeks was the expected minimum that he would be out. However, a groin tear is an injury that could linger until it fully heals. I wouldn't be disappointed one bit if Newman was kept out through the remainder of training camp and pre-season to give him time to fully heal. His past injury history does not suggest that he is a quick healer so let him take his time.

Like I said in other threads-IF we drafted DeSean Jackson(like most pundits thought) instead of Jenkins with our #28, I would be very worried now.

BTW-screw the preseason games. Remember in '06 when we were blazing through this fake season, it still didn't stop the cheese from getting through to the players' heads. Result? We looked FLAT in wk1.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2166692 said:

I agree... and BTW, that is a VERY nice sig pic bro.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2166475 said:
Got to love PFT they are so "in the know"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/30/cowboys-newman-suffers-groin-tear/

An MRI exam Tuesday revealed that Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman suffered a torn groin during a training camp drill on Monday.
But as serious and painful as a groin tear sounds, Newman actually says it’s not that bad, and he’ll be back in time for the regular season.

“I’m not worried at all, it’s not that severe of an injury,” Newman said. “… Being so early, you don’t want to rush to get back and then have to deal with something else down the line. A lot of times, one injury can lead to another injury if you do rush back because you’re compensating one way or another, so we’re just taking our time, letting it heal and trying to get ready towards the end of camp.”

Newman played 13 games for the Cowboys last season and started 11. The Cowboys spent a first-round draft pick on cornerback Mike Jenkins, traded for cornerback Adam Jones and still have starter Anthony Henry, so Newman is unlikely to start this year.

This my friend is BS

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2166692 said:
For as small a tear(strain) that Newman has it should be fully healed in three weeks. They are being cautious with that estimation because there is no reason to push it where it might not have time to fully heal.