Newmans problem a bigger situation than Pacman

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Newman being out for any extended time sucks (I heard this morning that this could potentially be a surgery injury and land him out for 6-8 weeks). With his injury, and possibly Jones getting suspended, we went from having a lot of depth here to now having to play a lot of the depth in starting positions or important positions.

We'll definately see what we have in Jenkins and Orlando now, not that we we'ren't getting a look anyway but this will be different.

Of course that's only if Jones gets suspended. He might not.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2320033 said:
Isn't that why we drafted Mike Jenkins then?

Remember back in April when everyone here was SCREAMING for Jerry to draft DeSean Jackson?

In all fairness however, DeSaen Jackson has played very well for a rookie WR.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Sarge;2320747 said:
In all fairness however, DeSaen Jackson has played very well for a rookie WR.

Not until the last couple of weeks-other than that PR TD(which was helped by the officials missing 2 blocks in the backs), he's been stinking up the joint. McFlabb quit throwing his way last week against the Skins b/c he kept running sloppy routes.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Why does it have to be Desean Jackson OR Mike Jenkins?

Why couldn't we have both. We could have traded up from our 2nd round pick (Bennett) and walked away with...

Jones, Jenkins, Jackson.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Not that I disagree with your points, actually I have felt this way for quite some time, but you shouldn't talk about yourself in the third person.

41gy#;2320119 said:
I'm hoping, Newman will not require an operation and will only need rest. Rest healed the groin injury. He's an elite football player, and his play has been elite on this team for five years, regardless of what some people who don't know what they are talking about say.

Jerry Jones does a poll with other GMs in the league, and they rate his players, and he rates their players. Newman has been rated as high as number one on this list by many NFL general managers. Jerry Jones said one thing was clear after he conducted his coaching interviews: Terence Newman is your best player.

You can disagree with that if you want, but some of the ignorant statements being said about him now are beyond believe. It makes me angry to see one of the hardest working players on the team get smeared by bloggers when he is down. It doesn't take much courage to kick someone when they are down. Terence Newman doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. He has given his heart and soul for the Cowboys and prevented big plays, made big plays, and saved points for 6 years. The only time Dallas has stopped Santana Moss is when Newman covered him all over the field at Dallas in 2006. Go back and watch that game again. Newman put a stop to his domination.

Who else has shut Steve Smith down twice while covering him all over the field.? It wasn't Ronde Barber. It wasn't DeAngelo Hall. Heck, they used to play him twice a year. Who was it?

You can't play if you are injured. Newman played through the foot problem last year, he played hurt. Some people don't seem to remember that. They don't remember him playing hurt in 2004 and putting up a 5.8 YPA in a doomed secondary. He made the Pro Bowl in 2007, and it wasn't even his best season, imo. He should have multiple Pro Bowls. DeAngelo Hall has them, and he didn't deserve them. Your guy did.

There is a reason Jerry Jones showed him the Jack, Jack. As for the "age" nonsense, Newman was injured on a play where a guy fell on him and caught him with a knee, and his body must have been caught in an awkward position when this happened in a non-conact drill. It isn't like he was just running and hurt his groin. A 24 year old would have been injured.

Terence Newman is a class act and does significant charity work in the Dallas area. He is an elite player who has never been in trouble off the field. He is an elite player who never promoted himself. He has done nothing to deserve some of the treatment he is getting on this board.

When you were happy after beating Carolina on Christmas Eve, you should have sent Newman a Christmas card for putting it on Steve Smith.

When you were happy after beating the Commanders in 2006, you should have sent Newman a thank you for shutting down Santana Moss.

When you were happy about beating the Colts in 2006, you should have thanked Newman for shutting down Dallas Clark in the slot. Clark had zero catches againt him that day, and Clark put up over 100 yards while he abused Champ Bailey out of the slot.

When you were happy about beating Buffalo in 2007, you should thank Terence Newman for picking off Edwards and shutting down Lee Evans.

When you were happy about beating the Commanders in 2007, you should thank Newman for picking off Jason Campbell and saving a win with his back to the goalline.

I could go on and on, but I will stop, because the true football people here on this blog know Terence Newman's value and how high of a level he has played at for the Dallas Cowboys.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
dbair1967;2320125 said:
If he has surgery and no complications, he's prob gone 6-8 weeks at most and should be close to 100% once he returns. That would put him back in time for the stretch run in December and for the playoffs.

Chocolate Lab;2320155 said:
That's what I was thinking. He could have the surgery and actually be back in plenty of time for the late-season push.

But what kind of shape is he going to be in? Especially if it turns out to be 8 weeks. He may be getting in the way of himself and no help at all. JMO, of course.