**NEWSFLASH**: Cannonball44 Drops the Gauntlet on the ZONE!

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
Yes, it seems like an issue worthy of a "Matt Jones beat down" has finally arrived.

This time, the apparent problems Between Ellis and Parcells is the crap stirrer. And as always, there are some smart posters giving their thought-provoking opinions on the matter.

and on the flipside, some posters BEGGING to get slapped.

Which one are you?? read and find out.

Your begging to be slapped if you think:

1. We'll be trading/cutting Ellis.

Trade him for who?? Mike Williams, Javon Walker, Reggie Wayne, draft picks?? PUHLEAZE!!! It will take AT LEAST Ellis and a 2 or 3rd to get the above receivers. Any trade with Indy won't happen because they have bookends in people like Freeney and Mathis. and in Viking land?? Erasmus James and Kenechi Udeze. To all these nay-sayers, I say:

We trade him, then what?? Canty's health doesn't work out, Spears gets a high ankle sprain in preseason, and we have a Ferguson being sandwiched by a Ratliff and Kenyon Coleman, who are backed up by Glover, Carson, and Jermaine Brooks
hypnotized.gif
??!!! <-- thats your question, answer it.

I believe Parcells was the one who said you can't have enough d-lineman

2. That Ellis is somehow "anti-team"

Well this seems to be stemming from three things. The first is money, and that Ellis somehow wants (more of?) his. Well considering the fact Ellis is took less money to REMAIN a Cowboy and got a MEASLEY 4.5 million dollar signing bonus SHOULD settle that arguement. How much did we give Anthony Henry and Ferguson? (and how many times have they made the pro bowl?), and when you have players like Terrell Owens and Grady Jackson about to stay out of camp to get more?? gotta be kidding me. Lets not forget the much resounded bonus claim of a SCANT 500k. the Boys aren't cap strapped, they can afford to pay it. If Ellis somehow was cut or traded, I guarantee you his contract would be BIGGER than the one he is currently working under.

The second is playing time. There WILL be a 4-3. there will ALSO be a 3-4. His playing time may be reduced 20%. There seem to be plenty of people thinking that there is NO POSSIBLE way that Ellis will be effective, or that we'll be playing 3-4 100% of the time. The problem is that half of the time, we'll be in the nickel ANYWAY. so he'll be in the game. the 20% that he'll be missing will probably be exlcusively 3-4. So assuming he plays about 50% of the 3-4 snaps, he'll get PLENTY of playing time. and most MPORTANTLY, he'll be fresh for the fourth, and less wear and tear in weeks 13-19<--
34853_thumbup.GIF
I think this is the only thing Ellis may be underestimating, and that maybe he should rethink.

The third is something that I just don't understand. People are saying that he's not "team-first" and skipping minicamps and talking to the press proves it. Well FIRST, he skipped the MORNING session of a VOLUNTARY practice. he could have had a migraine and took the morning off. I doubt he'd be missing much. and talking to the press keeps the air between him and fans clear. so that we don't have people running around saying he doesn't have a can-do attitude or he's not team first, or that he's a "me me me" type player. The JJT article clearly states:

"There was some screaming," he said, "but I didn't scream."<--sounds like he was cool and calm and trying to have a "civilized" discusssion, when Parcells decides to blow his top and try to bully Ellis like some kind of schoolyard jaunt through NY. He also said he'd keep an open mind. where's the me me me in that?

"When the meeting ended, Ellis said he told Parcells he would try his best to be a productive player in the scheme." sounds like the can-do attitude and leadership we have grown to see from one our best PLAYERS AND SACK LEADERS.

For the last time, the FANS are with him, and that means Jerry is with him, cuz IMO Jerry and the fans are one and the same. He's just a REALLY lucky one who's not too good at "franchise mode" ie. being the GM and such. We need to think about the player sometimes. This isn't a Terrell Owens or Antonio Bryant problem. Ellis didn't throw his jersey in anyones face, he's not calling his QB a weak/gay/tired punk. This is a legitimate "Ed reed" type problem where the player does have some legit gripes with the "management". Remember, Greg Ellis wasn't the one screaming, he said he'll keep an open mind, that's the team leader and great locker room guy that WE know.

How many people would be against Roy Williams or Julius Jones if Parcells went with a Cover two D or a pass-happy O, and those players confessed their concerns??

The bottomline is this:

The Cowboys are a better team WITH Greg Ellis than WITHOUT him.

Peace out.

-Cball44
pimpin.gif

*props to lonestar for the title.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cannonball44 said:
The bottomline is this:

It's really this simple.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cannonball44 said:
Yes, it seems like an issue worthy of a "Matt Jones beat down" has finally arrived.

This time, the apparent problems Between Ellis and Parcells is the crap stirrer. And as always, there are some smart posters giving their thought-provoking opinions on the matter.

Trade him for who?? Mike Williams, Javon Walker, Reggie Wayne, draft picks?? PUHLEAZE!!! It will take AT LEAST Ellis and a 2 or 3rd to get the above receivers. Any trade with Indy won't happen because they have bookends in people like Freeney and Mathis. and in Viking land?? Erasmus James and Kenechi Udeze. To all these nay-sayers, I say:

We trade him, then what?? Canty's health doesn't work out, Spears gets a high ankle sprain in preseason, and we have a Ferguson being sandwiched by a Ratliff and Kenyon Coleman, who are backed up by Glover, Carson, and Jermaine Brooks
hypnotized.gif

Well this seems to be stemming from three things. The first is money, and that Ellis somehow wants (more of?) his. Well considering the fact Ellis is took less money to REMAIN a Cowboy and got a MEASLEY 4.5 million dollar signing bonus SHOULD settle that arguement. How much did we give Anthony Henry and Ferguson? (and how many times have they made the pro bowl?), and when you have players like Terrell Owens and Grady Jackson about to stay out of camp to get more?? gotta be kidding me. Lets not forget the much resounded bonus claim of a SCANT 500k. the Boys aren't cap strapped, they can afford to pay it. If Ellis somehow was cut or traded, I guarantee you his contract would be BIGGER than the one he is currently working under.

The second is playing time. There WILL be a 4-3. there will ALSO be a 3-4. His playing time may be reduced 20%. There seem to be plenty of people thinking that there is NO POSSIBLE way that Ellis will be effective, or that we'll be playing 3-4 100% of the time. The problem is that half of the time, we'll be in the nickel ANYWAY. so he'll be in the game. the 20% that he'll be missing will probably be exlcusively 3-4. So assuming he plays about 50% of the 3-4 snaps, he'll get PLENTY of playing time. and most MPORTANTLY, he'll be fresh for the fourth, and less wear and tear in weeks 13-19<--
34853_thumbup.GIF
I think this is the only thing Ellis may be underestimating, and that maybe he should rethink.

The third is something that I just don't understand. People are saying that he's not "team-first" and skipping minicamps and talking to the press proves it. Well FIRST, he skipped the MORNING session of a VOLUNTARY practice. he could have had a migraine and took the morning off. I doubt he'd be missing much. and talking to the press keeps the air between him and fans clear. so that we don't have people running around saying he doesn't have a can-do attitude or he's not team first, or that he's a "me me me" type player. The JJT article clearly states:

"There was some screaming," he said, "but I didn't scream."<--sounds like he was cool and calm and trying to have a "civilized" discusssion, when Parcells decides to blow his top and try to bully Ellis like some kind of schoolyard jaunt through NY. He also said he'd keep an open mind. where's the me me me in that?

"When the meeting ended, Ellis said he told Parcells he would try his best to be a productive player in the scheme." sounds like the can-do attitude and leadership we have grown to see from one our best PLAYERS AND SACK LEADERS.

For the last time, the FANS are with him, and that means Jerry is with him, cuz IMO Jerry and the fans are one and the same. He's just a REALLY lucky one who's not too good at "franchise mode" ie. being the GM and such. We need to think about the player sometimes. This isn't a Terrell Owens or Antonio Bryant problem. Ellis didn't throw his jersey in anyones face, he's not calling his QB a weak/gay/tired punk. This is a legitimate "Ed reed" type problem where the player does have some legit gripes with the "management". Remember, Greg Ellis wasn't the one screaming, he said he'll keep an open mind, that's the team leader and great locker room guy that WE know.

How many people would be against Roy Williams or Julius Jones if Parcells went with a Cover two D or a pass-happy O, and those players confessed their concerns??

The bottomline is this:

Peace out.

-Cball44
pimpin.gif

:hammer:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
CBL44 well, you know, UMMMMM??!!

As they say out west... that's a rap!

As they say on King of the Hill... YUP, or MMM HMM!

As everyone said one time or another... that's what I'm talkin' about!

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
nice work. We definitely need Ellis. If it really is bad between Parcells and Ellis, let's get through this year and see how the new additions fit into the system. If Ellis is pissed and wants out of Dallas, he'll play his butt off and his value will go up.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:

hypnotized.gif

34853_thumbup.GIF

The bottomline is this:

Peace out.

-Cball44
pimpin.gif

Well, I guess I'm one of the folks who needs to be slapped then because you're damn right I think an Ellis trade would be a smart move.

Why hold on to Ellis and Glover when they're in the wrong system to begin with? You call that smart football when you could get some draft picks for guys who aren't going to be on the team next year?

This team ain't going to the Playoffs. We have a washed up quarterback, two old receivers, a defense that stunk last year and is suddenly going 3-4 when it doesn't have the proper players in place yet. Why hang on to to fellas like Glover and Ellis when they're not going to change much?

This is a desperation move by Parcells to win one more big one, and fill some desperately needed depth on the defensive line even if it tears the team apart keeping two of the more respected vets on the team unhappy.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
This team is not making the playoffs and this defense is going to be desotryed period in of story and it is going to suck arse

That is my gut feeling

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Slap me and call my momma. If he doesn't fit in the defense we will be running if he is going to be crying about playing time. I say trade him. Get what you can for him same goes for Glover.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
There is always somebody on here saying to trade somebody....it's an annual thing.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
wow... I can't believe you guys are fighting this... the reason for Glover and Ellis staying are BOTH there... as is the issue about playing time.

did you guys even read it???

How can you think we won't get to the playoffs after Parcells took a WORSE team to the playoffs in 03??

If Parcells see that the 3-4 isnt working, he will QUICKLY convert back to the 4-3 and stay that way IMHO... and that is based on his quote about winning over everything and everyone. on the train or off it.

TBC and Kang, you both disappoint me. you sound like some of those whiny types at the ranch. have optimism in your team, and if not that, at least have pride. more than ONE football expert has predicted us as a wild card.

TBC, answer the question I posed to you in the thread starter. If we trade Glover and Ellis, then what??

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
You hit it dirrectly on the head cannonball.

I honestly think some people on this site are all the way bandwagon fans, or converted Jets and Giants fans.

I never have liked Parcells but he is a Cowboy so I will support him %100. And I hope he can bring us back to the glory days but he hasn't done shi* yet, in case you haven't noticed.

Some of have no loyalty toward players. Ever since the boys started going down hill ya'll have.
1. Booed Troy Aikman (arguably one of the best qbs to ever play the game)
2. Called Emmitt Smith a me player, holy crap he is anything but, so he was winning super bowls and gaining yards for who? Yeah thats right the Cowboys.
3. Wanted Bradie James to get more playing time than Coakley, did ya'll even watch the games? James sucked arse. And Coakley was still very productive and 3 pro bowl appearances proved that.
4. Getting pissed off at Ellis for having a rational conversation with Parcells, calling him a me player which he obviously isn't.

Okay hopefully every one can relate to high school football. Say your playing there is a new scheme that the coach wants to put in, and your a senior and you get yanked for a freshman. I don't think anyone would like that. And again Ellis tryed to have a rational conversation with Parcells.

Ya'll always say you liked the good old days when everyone stayed on the same team for there whole career. So why can't we do that and keep the players we have now instead of trading them for people of less talent?

But please support anybody who wheres that magnificent blue star because whether you like it or not they are a Cowboy something none of us ever were.

Another thing BANDWAGONS pleas GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ellis doesn't want to play in Dallas 3-4 that Parcells is installing. I wish he'd want to be part of our team. Apparantly he is making his "What is MY role" displeasure public. A shouting match with Parcells? He's looking to get out of Dodge with that attitude. Give me 53 players united and on the same page.

Major Kudo's to Glover who has said he can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 and he'll do whatever he's asked. A lesson Ellis should have learned. There is no I in team. If we can't trade him oh well, Ellis step up and be a MAN and see if you are better than Spears and Canty! Because Dallas owns your *** contractually!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Nors said:
Ellis doesn't want to play in Dallas 3-4 that Parcells is installing. I wish he'd want to be part of our team. Apparantly he is making his "What is MY role" displeasure public. A shouting match with Parcells? He's looking to get out of Dodge with that attitude. Give me 53 players united and on the same page.

Major Kudo's to Glover who has said he can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 and he'll do whatever he's asked. A lesson Ellis should have learned. There is no I in team. If we can't trade him oh well, Ellis step up and be a MAN and see if you are better than Spears and Canty! Because Dallas owns your *** contractually!

Ellis said he will do his best too. He would just like to know whats going to happen. Wouldn't we all? And Ellis did not shout in the meeting.

Seriously man have some loyalty to your players.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Sorry it is hard for me to have optimism

1. We are switching to a 3-4 with most the d-line being undersized for that type of play. We are depending on an older DT who has been playing 4-3 and now we switch him. Glover imo is going to look lkie warren sapp playing de in a 3-4 out of place. So Spears and Ware have to play at Pro-Bowl level; Canty we do not even know if he can stay healthy

2. We have Bradie James who blew more assignments not to mention we would lose sleep trying to count how many times he was manhandle last year at the point of attack. Then we have Al coming off a bad year plus several other unknows at lb so I have cocnerns how that is going to shape up. Yes they can improve but we have some many maybes

3. Bledsoe sorry all I see there is an overrated washed up imobile QB that has throwen for 60% compeltion % three times in his carrer and one was only two games and he throw a wopping 66 passes due to injury so only 2 legit seasons has he thrown for 60+% . Bledsoe has also has had a history of holding the ball to long not listening to the coaches and fight the game plan. He has high sack totals and has been know to fumble if you can get to him. That is all legitimate concerns this is some of the basic reasons

Fine you want to call me out but I do not have the faith in Big Bill most people do.

ctalker

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
You hit it dirrectly on the head cannonball.

I honestly think some people on this site are all the way bandwagon fans, or converted Jets and Giants fans.

I never have liked Parcells but he is a Cowboy so I will support him %100. And I hope he can bring us back to the glory days but he hasn't done shi* yet, in case you haven't noticed.

Some of have no loyalty toward players. Ever since the boys started going down hill ya'll have.
1. Booed Troy Aikman (arguably one of the best qbs to ever play the game)
2. Called Emmitt Smith a me player, holy crap he is anything but, so he was winning super bowls and gaining yards for who? Yeah thats right the Cowboys.
3. Wanted Bradie James to get more playing time than Coakley, did ya'll even watch the games? James sucked arse. And Coakley was still very productive and 3 pro bowl appearances proved that.
4. Getting pissed off at Ellis for having a rational conversation with Parcells, calling him a me player which he obviously isn't.

Okay hopefully every one can relate to high school football. Say your playing there is a new scheme that the coach wants to put in, and your a senior and you get yanked for a freshman. I don't think anyone would like that. And again Ellis tryed to have a rational conversation with Parcells.

Ya'll always say you liked the good old days when everyone stayed on the same team for there whole career. So why can't we do that and keep the players we have now instead of trading them for people of less talent?

But please support anybody who wheres that magnificent blue star because whether you like it or not they are a Cowboy something none of us ever were.

Another thing BANDWAGONS pleas GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best post I have read all year. Nice to see some deeper thinking on occassion than the constant Parcells can do no wrong threads.