Next 4 games will tell us how this team is

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ill se you game 17 for more debates this place is ridiculous after one loss..

they play 17 for reason..its how the entire big picture is resolved one all teams compete their schedule and you complete yours , that's it.

Dallas could have won the game and my feeling of this stretch would not have changed, it is facing tough teams back to back to back to back in 18 days, that is a tough stretch to handle and how this team responds to will say a lot. Historically this time of the year has always been a big portion of the Cowboys season with the Thanksgiving Day mark and normally how this team has faired goes a long way. However in the last few season Dallas no longer gets the break after Thanksgiving, instead they play the following week on Thursday before getting those 11 days between games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Looking at the mountain it seems foreboding but we all know this team's approach is one game at a time. IMO, no team poses an impossible task to defeat. Every team on our schedule has flaws that we can take advantage of and defeat. I do however agree with the OP's premise. How we respond to those opponents will tell us everything about our team's ability to navigate our way through the NFC playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Looking at the mountain it seems foreboding but we all know this team's approach is one game at a time. IMO, no team poses an impossible task to defeat. Every team on our schedule has flaws that we can take advantage of and defeat. I do however agree with the OP's premise. How we respond to those opponents will tell us everything about our team's ability to navigate our way through the NFC playoffs.

I still think this is a quality team and I see this as a chance to prove it. I have always looked forward to challenges, be it as a fan or when I have played. You don't shy away from the challenge you embrace it. This is a tough road and if this team can get through it they prove a lot to themselves and start removing doubts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sunday will tell us how this team is. Good teams bounce back from bad performances with a real good performance, especially at home. The Cowboys should enter Sunday’s game pissed off. If we don’t play well against Atlanta we’re in some trouble. Good luck trying to bounce back from two straight bad games in Kansas City against Pat Mahomes and company. They may be having their issues but they have a very explosive offense that could go off at any moment. I doubt many here trust our defense against that QB and those receivers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a critical game for the Cowboys on Sunday with KC coming up on the road. No way do we want to be limping into KC with two straight losses. It makes no difference that KC hasn’t played well this season they could catch fire at any moment. We could be sent into a huge tailspin if we don’t bounce back on Sunday.

jnday

Reaction score
Over the next 4 which includes the short week for Thanksgiving will be a big stretch for this team
Every opponent is 500 or better with Atlanta, KC, Raiders and Saints. How this team gets through this portion will tell us a lot about their chances of making a run in post season.
It was less than a week ago when you would have been viciously attacked for questioning the chance of Dallas winning all of these games. A good beatdown has certainly brought a good dose of reality back into the conversation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It was less than a week ago when you would have been viciously attacked for questioning the chance of Dallas winning all of these games. A good beatdown has certainly brought a good dose of reality back into the conversation.

True but this is the 1st stretch of games where as I said 3 of the 4 right now would be playoff teams and the one who isn't has played in the last 2 SB and won one of them. Personally I expect Cowboys go out and show the NFL world they are a legit contender. I will never shy away from backing the Cowboys even vs nay sayers around here. Cowboys had a bad game this past weekend and there are no excuses for it but this team has shown me enough to believe in their ability to go out and win these games. Believe me I don't see any of these games as easy, these are real challenges for this team but it is also a chance for them to prove who they are.

JustChip

Reaction score
One game at a time.

Atlanta: If the Cowboys do not win this convincingly, alarm bells might begin to sound.
I don’t expect the Cowboys to win convincingly. And that’s not largely because of the Denver game.

Atlanta has won 3 if their 4 road games and averages 24 points in those games (28.5 the last 2 road games). They’re not as good defensively on the road, averaging 29 points (26.5 the last 2 games).

The Cowboys should win, but it’ll be decided in the 4th quarter and something like 31-27 or 34-31.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is an early preview. Of playoff football. I can’t wait for the four games. One at time lol

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I truly we believe we can win every single game in front of us. I also believe you have to call a different game for every team in front of us. I trust the team, I don’t trust the position they might be put in. No this is not the same old Cowboys. But it is a situation

CWR

Reaction score
Over the next 4 which includes the short week for Thanksgiving will be a big stretch for this team
Every opponent is 500 or better with Atlanta, KC, Raiders and Saints. How this team gets through this portion will tell us a lot about their chances of making a run in post season.

You're sure right about that. These guys always have a way of keeping us on the edge of our seats. Lol

I'm looking forward to all those games.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lucky for us the rest of the NFC East is dog crap, so we got some games to play with in terms of a division title.

With that being said, if the goal is to compete for a high playoff seed, then we need to go 3-1 at the worst.

tunahelper

Reaction score

I always liked Parcells outlook of waiting until Thanksgiving to determine what kind of team you have.

This team just got punched and knocked out, so it will fun to see if they can come back strong.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Any team that can run the ball and play good defense will give Dallas problems.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That’s why I wish we picked this broncos game up.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys have the toughest schedule of all the NFC East teams. Their non-divisional game are Atl, KC, Vegas, New Orleans and Arizona. The Giants have a bye this week, but their non-divisional games are Bucs, Miami, Chargers, and Bears. The Eagles have Denver this week, then New Orleans, and Jets. The WFT has the Bucs, Carolina, Seattle, and Vegas.

The season could come dow to the last game again if Dallas cannot find away to win through these injuries. Atlanta is their best shot at winning. If they lose they will be in trouble. There area lot of division games the last 5 weeks of the season.