Next Generation Madden News and Screenshot Inside

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
nextgenmadden.jpg

EA TO UNVEIL WORLD’S FIRST LOOK OF NEXT GENERATION MADDEN NFL

Madden NFL Premiered In EA SPORTS TV Ad During NFL Draft

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 18, 2005 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) will premier the world’s first look at the next generation of videogames on Saturday April 23, 2005. EA’s flagship football franchise, Madden NFL football, will make its next generation debut in a TV ad during the first hour of the NFL Draft broadcast on ESPN, beginning at 12noon ET. EA is deep in development on what will be the strongest next generation console line up in the videogame industry, highlighted by other hit franchise titles to be announced at a later date.

“We have had a dedicated team working on next generation Madden NFL football and we cannot wait for Madden fans to get a sneak peek at the experience that awaits them,” said Frank Gibeau, Senior Vice President of North American Marketing for Electronic Arts. “An innovative and unparalleled NFL football experience is what we’ve promised; and that is what we are going to deliver.”

The ad, which will run only once during the broadcast, is a 60 second TV advertisement showcasing the photo-realistic graphics and heart-pounding football intensity that is the essence of the EA SPORTS™ branded next generation Madden NFL football game, and representative of what game players everywhere will be able to play when the next generation of videogame consoles come to market.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA GAMES™ and EA SPORTS BIG™. In fiscal 2004, EA posted revenues of $2.96 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

###

Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA GAMES, EA SPORTS BIG and John Madden Football are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. Officially licensed product of PLAYERS INC. www.nflplayers.com. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Maybe it's the pessimistic in me, but the only rumors I've heard so far is that they're adding the "crib" feature that ESPN had in their last game, and a QB head turn which will show the QB running one way while looking another. Hopefully the public pressure to justify having the only NFL game in town will make them add more than the features mentioned above.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Rack said:
That's just concept art. It's not likely the game will actually look like that.
Ditto. I have a bad feeling about EA being the only game in town. I hope my skepticism is unwarranted and they produce a great game.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Worse thing about this year's madden:

The O Line. How horrible were they? Corky from "Life Goes On' was smarter than the Oline. No awareness, no ability. On passing plays, they just walked backwards until someone hit them, on running plays, they released their guy to go to the next level, but well before you were there.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
In game graphics will be good but probably not look that great.

When is PS3/Xbox Next coming out?

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I still think NFL2K was better than Madden. Been like that since it's debute on the Dreamcast IMO. The competition between EA and 2K was good for us football game playing fans. Too bad EA was greedy and afraid of comp,because 2K was getting better every year,unlike Madden,who puts out the Same game year after year.
I hope it's different this year now that Madden has all the stage to itself.

LatinG187

Reaction score
These are the ones that are on EA's website. Here is the direct link to download, otherwise it makes you watch it so you can't download it directly.

Bigger Contract

Heart

LatinG187

Reaction score
http://sports.ign.com/articles/606/606601p1.html?fromint=1

A first look at the Madden Next-Gen commercial. Thoughts and impressions.
by Jon Robinson
April 21, 2005 - I never thought I would drive 30 minutes to watch a 60-second commercial.

Then again, I never thought after watching the commercial about ten times I would in turn race back home and write up my impressions of said commercial.

That's right, not of the game, of the commercial.

But judging by the fact that all week the only question anyone wanted to ask me was if I played Madden Next-Gen or saw a preview of the commercial, I figure Madden fans want to know what to expect this Saturday. So even though I have yet to play the game, I have seen an advanced screening of the commercial.

A commercial EA promised would blow my mind.

And it did…but with reservations.

First off, what you're about to see, and what you've been seeing in screenshots are not actual gameplay. It turns out that the commercial and all visuals released are actually an artist's interpretation of what Madden could look like on the Next-Gen systems.

Red flag.

But before you dismiss the commercial, the people at Tiburon say that some of the Madden team didn't want these visuals seen, not because they are setting the bar too high, but too low. Seriously, they say that these are the visuals they were shooting for originally, but that the team now feels that they will be easily surpassed. And if that's the case, NFL fans are in for an amazing display of visual impact.

The commercial shows a glimpse of action between the Giants and Eagles, with McNabb pumping up the crowd and running the show. The kickoff is fielded, and on the runback, Brian Westbrook is injured, bringing up a close-up of the joint and calling out a torn rotator cuff in a scene that looked something out of CSI.

As McNabb goes over to talk to the coach, you not only hear the coach's voice, you get a first look at what could be an all-new play calling system. There are now eight plays along the left side of the screen that you can scroll through as you get advice from the coach. And the Tiburon team confirmed that while this might not be the final play calling system, that fans are in for a change. "There will be more than three plays to choose from at a time."

After a big hit on the field, the camera zooms to the Jumbotron for a Sack Cam, and a close-up replay of the smashing defense. With two seconds left on the clock, the snow falling, Michael Strahan snarling, and McNabb dropping back to pass, Donovan spins out of an arm tackle from the hulking defensive end and heaves the ball deep to T.O., who keeps his eyes locked on the prize, catches the ball and slides on his knees to celebrate the game-winner.

The movement and graphics level reminded me a lot of the Nike commercial a few years ago where a digitized Vick and T.O. showed what they could do without the limits of gravity or pain…it was that good.

But again, it's my interpretation of an artist's interpretation.

All I know is what I saw and what was promised. That the game will look even better. That the innovations in gameplay like the Hit Stick and Precision Passing won't just be brought to the Next-Gen systems, but possible enhanced. That the jump from Xbox and PS2 to the Next-Gen consoles will reveal an even bigger jump in details and graphics than what was seen in the transition from the PlayStation to the PlayStation 2. That the gameplay in Madden Next-Gen is going to look like a cinematic that you're controlling.

Promises of the possibilities of what's to come.

Promises that, if true, will turn Madden Next-Gen into an instant system seller.

I just hope the promises turn out to be more than words.