Reaction score
Chris Canty

6-8
295lbs.

56639.jpg

Chris Canty
DE, Virginia
War Room analysis
Strengths: Has tremendous physical ability and makeup with a marvelous blend of size, bulk, speed and agility. Shows great recognition skills. Is unyielding in pursuit. Uses long arms and hands well to separate and disengage from blockers. Shows enormous strength and makes solid tackles. Wingspan and athleticism also allow him to bat down passes at the line.

Weaknesses: Lacks the burst to be a big-time pass rusher. Past injuries raise concerns -- has battled shoulder problems his entire career and also suffered a broken leg in 2002.

Bottom line: Canty has a chance to be drafted in the first round if he can put together a productive season for the Cavaliers. He will see almost constant double teams and must avoid getting frustrated, but his sheer athleticism is tailor-made for the NFL.

Dan Pompei analysis
Would be rated higher if he hadn't blown out his knee. Has outstanding size and athleticism. Slips blocks and moves well. Drives back blockers and can rush the passer.

zagnut

Reaction score
Holy Crap! He does look like QC. I thought someone was playing a trick.

Canty is really good, especially if you're looking for a 3-4 end.

If anyone is interested, the next Julius Peppers could be a guy at NC St by the name Mario Williams. He's not eligble this year, but next year he could be the number 1 overall if he comes out. 6-7/270 as a true soph, with an estimated 4.65-40. Crazy athletic.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He'd make a nice fifth round pick, given his injury status.

Bobo

Reaction score
I believe I saw on one site that he runs a 4.96. If that's true, he's far from Pepper's speed even at around the same size. May be good for a 3-4 DE.