Next Two Games Defines Season

DBoys

Reaction score
Tomorrow night and next week in Carolina will be the dividing line of the season.

Will the OL give Drew time against two aggressive defenses?
Will the Dallas defense quit giving up big plays?

As Cowboy fans we have been waiting for this team to get cohesive and quit killing themselves with mistakes.

The time is now, time to put up or shutup.

If Bledsoe falters I want Romo in the game because I will not stand by anymore and watch Bledsoe cripple this team with his limitations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DBoys;1105168 said:
Tomorrow night and next week in Carolina will be the dividing line of the season.

Will the OL give Drew time against two aggressive defenses?
Will the Dallas defense quit giving up big plays?

As Cowboy fans we have been waiting for this team to get cohesive and quit killing themselves with mistakes.

The time is now, time to put up or shutup.

If Bledsoe falters I want Romo in the game because I will not stand by anymore and watch Bledsoe cripple this team with his limitations.

If Bledsoe falters what are you going to do? You guys act like if you holler and scream that some how you will dictate to the organization of what they should do or should not do. What are you going to refuse watching the games in protest? These next 2 game are important and the games after that are going to be important.

DBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1105172 said:
If Bledsoe falters what are you going to do? You guys act like if you holler and scream that some how you will dictate to the organization of what they should do or should not do. What are you going to refuse watching the games in protest? These next 2 game are important and the games after that are going to be important.

We are going to boo his rear and chant for Romo. We pay their salaries thats what we do.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Define? No

I think we beat New York, lose to Carolina, and beat Washington and Arizona to go 6-3.

From then on out, we have 3 games we SHOULD win:

Tampa Bay (Bad)
New Orleans (Good, but dont play very well away from home)
Detroit (REALLY bad)

That's 9 wins, leaving us needing to win just one of the following to likely qualify for the postseason:

Indy
@ New York
@ Atlanta
Philly

I can two wins out of that group, leaving us at 11-5 and likely a division crown

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DBoys;1105178 said:
We are going to boo his rear and chant for Romo. We pay their salaries thats what we do.

They do that already and Bledsoe could careless about it and joked about it after last weeks game and Parcells is not going to run this team based on fans opinion. I agree we pay the salery by going to the game and watching them on TV (to an extent) so what you going to stop watching if Bill does not do what you want?

lspain1

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1105184 said:
I think we beat New York, lose to Carolina, and beat Washington and Arizona to go 6-3.

Tampa Bay (Bad)
Detroit (REALLY bad)

That's 9 wins, leaving us needing to win just one of the following to likely qualify for the postseason:

Indy
@ New York
@ Atlanta
Philly

I can two wins out of that group, leaving us at 11-5 and likely a division crown

Well spoken HeavyHitta..... but I note your scenario also counts on us taking care of business at home tomorrow night. It is an important game.

DBoys

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1105195 said:
They do that already and Bledsoe could careless about it and joked about it after last weeks game and Parcells is not going to run this team based on fans opinion. I agree we pay the salery by going to the game and watching them on TV (to an extent) so what you going to stop watching if Bill does not do what you want?

Nope I will boo Bledsoe thats all. Trust me Dooms if Drew lays an egg and the fans call for his head Jerry will step in. Parcells letting Romo get in there against Houston is an indication that Parcells would put Romo in a game where mobility is needed. BP even admitted he thought about putting in Romo against Philly.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
lspain1;1105198 said:
Well spoken HeavyHitta..... but I note your scenario also counts on us taking care of business at home tomorrow night. It is an important game.

Yes, but my point is, it is not the end all. We have a fairly easy ending schedule. That gimmee against Detroit may end up saving us

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DBoys;1105208 said:
Nope I will boo Bledsoe thats all. Trust me Dooms if Drew lays an egg and the fans call for his head Jerry will step in. Parcells letting Romo get in there against Houston is an indication that Parcells would put Romo in a game where mobility is needed. BP even admitted he thought about putting in Romo against Philly.

Unless Jerry is planing on firing Parcells Jerry is not going to do anything. Parcells said that if he had a 20 something point lead in the game he wanted to get Romo in other than that he has not said one thing about replacing Bledsoe. Fans do not run this team, you can boo all you want not go to the games (which is what some said they would do if TO was signed). Sorry I think you deluding yourself to think that some how fans will say who plays or not.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31;1105184 said:
Define? No

Tampa Bay (Bad)
Detroit (REALLY bad)

Indy
@ New York
@ Atlanta
Philly

Now that is a plan I can live with. Pretty realistic HH.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
These games are potential separators, but nothing more, nothing less IMO.

Now, I do think this Giants game is big. It'd be nice to have first place and for the Giants not to remain undefeated in the division. But, even if we win, it's not like it's all downhill from there or anything.

Even IF we win the next two and get that seeming big step, all it takes is one loss to have that momentum slip away a tad.

The truth is every game is big. You don't want to put yourself in a bad situation early that you're having to overcome later in the season. At the same time, a hot start guarantees nothing.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I will say this, we can somehow win the next 4 in a row and start 7-2, we can start talking about home field, not just the division crown. Our ending schedule favors us so much that I could see us going 12-4 or even 13-3 if we can escape this 3 game road trip unscathed

That being said, I think I read somehwere where no team in NFL history has won 3 straight games where all 3 were on the road.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31;1105354 said:
That being said, I think I read somehwere where no team in NFL history has won 3 straight games where all 3 were on the road.
OK I'm not a historian and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I have a hard time believing that. It might be true HH. But that is a hard one for me to believe. I'd like to know for sure if it's true or not.