Next Up... MBIII

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;1735439 said:
Now that Tony is signed long term I think we may try to get Barber signed as well and see if we can get some of his bonus money put into this year cap.
I think that is a great idea CC.

:thumbup:

rusteezcuz

Reaction score
If we do try to resign him now, that could be difficult considering Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if he got an extension, but I really think they will wait on him...they can qualify him for a 1st and 3rd rd pick compensation as an RFA, and I think its unlikely teams would surrender that for him in a yr that would appear to be so deep in RB's via the draft

and while I'd hate to lose him, if someboy did give us a 1st and 3rd (say somebody like GB, who might be drafting late 20's) I wouldnt be overly upset, as we'd then have 3 first rd picks, a 2nd and 2 thirds

David

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dbair1967;1735718 said:
I wouldnt be surprised if he got an extension, but I really think they will wait on him...they can qualify him for a 1st and 3rd rd pick compensation as an RFA, and I think its unlikely teams would surrender that for him in a yr that would appear to be so deep in RB's via the draft

and while I'd hate to lose him, if someboy did give us a 1st and 3rd (say somebody like GB, who might be drafting late 20's) I wouldnt be overly upset, as we'd then have 3 first rd picks, a 2nd and 2 thirds

David

Nobody was willing to give that up for Turner this off-season. I think Barber is a better back but teams are getting pretty conservative when it comes to RB signings -- look how long a guy like Alexander was on the market a few years ago.

A first and a third would be a ton to pay for a guy who has shared carries as a pro and college. Nobody knows if he can be as effective with 350 touches a year but I expect that many teams would worry that his physical style makes him a risk as he gets more miles.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Actually I wonder if the boys will just tender him an offer.

Could Dallas be looking at Turner of the Chargers and maybe the draft. I bet we tender Barber an offer and wait and see how the draft goes

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am tremendously underwhelmed by the CBs I have seen this year. King was talked up but he has been buttered seriously several times already. None of the others look like they are worth a high first. Same with WRs- I prefer to get proven ones in FA. Actually if we can pick up a really good CB in FA I would do it. Reeves looks like he will never be more then a 3rd and we need someone to take Henry's place since he only has a year or two more before the inevitable fade. I would consider using one of our firsts for a trade if we could get a real good CB or a burner WR.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Dcowboysfan says:

I don't understand why people are so high on Michael Turner.....I mean he's ok, but the Chargers are wanting too much for him....

That Anthony Henry would make a nice Safety wouldn't he

Bye Bye Terry Glenn

It's been a long time since we drafted offense in the first round, especially a RB;)

Wow, I never thought I'd see another former Cowboys' RB in a Broncos uniform......from 33 to 21

Two first round picks huh?? Not since the raping of the Vikings has Jerry had these kinds of toys.......

If we come up short at the end of this season, Jerry will definitely pull out his checkbook in the FA market

Just some of my opinions guys......:star: