Next Year's New Staff

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
Sean Payton HC
Adam Zimmer (Mike's son) DC

Zimmer is a young LB coach for a great Minn D for 4 years, he's my first choice. 2nd choice would be Denver's DB Coach
Marcus Robertson...

That's a great, fresh start...

RS12

Reaction score
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

368970790_6be7713877.jpg

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I personally don't hate garret as much as everyone else does. I don't have a problem with him if the staff under him were better. Now some have said the offensive plan is being dictated by him even if he's not calling the plays. If that's the case then I have a problem. This offense is good, but could be amazing. I'm not a fan of the "lineup and beat your own guy" coaching. I do believe in exploiting weakness and having an offensive game plan on a weekly basis. Putting players in position to do well. If garret has to leave to get some fresh exciting new stuff in here, then I'm on board with him being fired. If he's open to being the authority, but allowing more creativity under him, then I'm okay with him staying. I'm just not sure what kind of coordinators are going to want to come in without being the top dog.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Unless we completely fall apart and go 3-13 or some such, Garrett isn't getting fired. Jerry loves him, he has had two 13 win seasons in the last three years and there are A LOT of terrible coaches who would be much worse. Looking around the league, we could do so much worse. He's the reigning coach of the year, deserved or not.

The bottom line is Jerry knows he can win division titles with Garrett. He doesn't know if he can win championships with him yet, but "the devil you know" and all that jazz. Aside from the one year where his starting QB was Matt Cassel, Garrett has been .500 or better every year. He's not getting fired for anything less than a Wade Phillips like collapse.

XDez88BeastX

Reaction score
HC: Mike Vrabel
OC: Rob Chudzinski
DC: Mike Schiano

I'm sticking with this, I would absolutely love this group.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton just extended last offseason.

Plus, we like our staff in Dallas. There's no opening.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I personally don't hate garret as much as everyone else does. I don't have a problem with him if the staff under him were better. Now some have said the offensive plan is being dictated by him even if he's not calling the plays. If that's the case then I have a problem. This offense is good, but could be amazing. I'm not a fan of the "lineup and beat your own guy" coaching. I do believe in exploiting weakness and having an offensive game plan on a weekly basis. Putting players in position to do well. If garret has to leave to get some fresh exciting new stuff in here, then I'm on board with him being fired. If he's open to being the authority, but allowing more creativity under him, then I'm okay with him staying. I'm just not sure what kind of coordinators are going to want to come in without being the top dog.

I love Dak, but our offense won't be amazing until he can consistently hit receivers down the field within the normal structure of the play. As it stands, he cannot consistently stand in the pocket and complete fly, post and deep corner routes.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Payton just extended last offseason.

Plus, we like our staff in Dallas. There's no opening.

I remember the clamoring for Parcells to be fired, and then we got Wade Phillips.

Much like the raw hatred exhibited here for Church, Claiborne and Carr, be careful what you wish for. You may get it and it may turn out you were wrong.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Let me ask this, so owners are free to offer coaches as much money as they want. I know college coaches make more than NFL coaches. Why doesn't someone like jerry offer Pete Carroll a huge paycheck to come and coach. They can afford it. I must be missing something here.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Let me ask this, so owners are free to offer coaches as much money as they want. I know college coaches make more than NFL coaches. Why doesn't someone like jerry offer Pete Carroll a huge paycheck to come and coach. They can afford it. I must be missing something here.
I'd mow Garrett's yard every week to keep him here over Pete *RETCHING*Carroll,,,I really don't like that guyo_O

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I'd mow Garrett's yard every week to keep him here over Pete *RETCHING*Carroll,,,I really don't like that guyo_O

Sounds like a friend in real life who didn't like Andy Reid back when I wanted him. I'm just using carrol as an example.

wrongway

Reaction score
Sean Payton HC

Zimmer is a young LB coach for a great Minn D for 4 years, he's my first choice. 2nd choice would be Denver's DB Coach
Marcus Robertson...

Dabo and whoever he brings/ hires.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sean Payton HC

Marcus Robertson...

Yawn.
Dunno about HC, but we need Kliff Kingsbury as OC.
Love the Red Raiders, blokes, but here's hoping they have a bad enough year that they release Kingsbury.

bodi

Reaction score
how about Art Briles as OC

and C Strong as DC