Next years starting offense

dfense

Reaction score
I'm real interested to see what Garrett has planned for next year. Before Bryant's season ending injury, teams were already game planning for the rookie. Imagine how good he'll be when he knows the offense and is starting opposite Austin.

I'm just hoping the TE Philips is back at full speed by traing camp. The Cowboys two TE set with those WR's should give the offense a real new feel.

Solidify that line with a guy like Jared Gaither (RFA) from the Ravens.

OG Logan Mankins is going to want some premo money. But a guy like Daryn Colledge from Green Bay is a UFA. And it would weaken a SB team by signing him away. Bill Parcells was high on him in the draft. I'm not sure thats good, because Parcells track record on Olineman.

Atlanta has a young OG Harvey Dahl UFA. Stealing away from another NFC playoff team.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
We need a RT bad....very bad. Tyson Clabo would be a good signing. I think we look for a RT and guard in FA, then draft another G/C in 2nd or 3rd. Most of the draft I believe will be defense.

We need DL and secondary, especially safties.

perrykemp

Reaction score
DBOY3141;3841390 said:
We need a RT bad....very bad. Tyson Clabo would be a good signing. I think we look for a RT and guard in FA, then draft another G/C in 2nd or 3rd. Most of the draft I believe will be defense.

We need DL and secondary, especially safties.

How about this as a concept -- let's not go for the quick fix and blow a bunch of money on free-agents.

Why don't we do this the right way and draft well and develop our players?

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Actually, even with all the issues on offense, I'm really not that concerned about it. They put up 26+ points in every game that Garrett was the head coach with the exception of week 17, and that with a backup QB and issues on the offensive line.

What I'm expecting in the offseason is not a whole lot of change with the offense, maybe signing a FA lineman, but that's about it.

I think most of the offseason moves and draft choices will be for the defense.

johnnyd

Reaction score
dfense;3841231 said:
I'm real interested to see what Garrett has planned for next year. Before Bryant's season ending injury, teams were already game planning for the rookie. Imagine how good he'll be when he knows the offense and is starting opposite Austin.

I'm just hoping the TE Philips is back at full speed by traing camp. The Cowboys two TE set with those WR's should give the offense a real new feel.

Solidify that line with a guy like Jared Gaither (RFA) from the Ravens.

OG Logan Mankins is going to want some premo money. But a guy like Daryn Colledge from Green Bay is a UFA. And it would weaken a SB team by signing him away. Bill Parcells was high on him in the draft. I'm not sure thats good, because Parcells track record on Olineman.

Atlanta has a young OG Harvey Dahl UFA. Stealing away from another NFC playoff team.

please not this guy again . he was a board favorite for some last year and god forbid you disagreed with them ugh.

i think we need to temper our free agent aquistions assuming there is a new CBA in place i still dont think we will sign many guys from other teams (ours dont count) everyone keeps on throwing out 3 or 4 big name guys but that's just not possible assuming a cap .

However if there is one position that i think we must go the free agent route it is on the OL. I dont want to start 2 rookies on the OL day 1 as the season progresses and injuries come into play that's a different story. I really like Clabo as well because he fills a immediate need. then we use a high draft pick or 2 to fill a Guard spot preferbly a wisneski who we could groom as a future center.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
perrykemp;3841394 said:
How about this as a concept -- let's not go for the quick fix and blow a bunch of money on free-agents.

Because this team needs to start winning NOW.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Phillips will be used mostly as a FB/H-back type. Witten and MartyB will be the 1/2 on the depth chart.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Future;3841488 said:
Because this team needs to start winning NOW.

The last 14 years tells you everything we need when your whole strategy is based on winning NOW.

This isn't MLB -- you can't buy yourself a championship in NFL (see Washington Commanders), the team that are consistently good in this league excel at acquiring good young players and developing them.

That requires an overall organization strategy, coaching continuity, and a great front-office.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
perrykemp;3841861 said:
The last 14 years tells you everything we need when your whole strategy is based on winning NOW.

This isn't MLB -- you can't buy yourself a championship in NFL (see Washington Commanders), the team that are consistently good in this league excel at acquiring good young players and developing them.

That requires an overall organization strategy, coaching continuity, and a great front-office.
From like 96 till 07, this team had no quarterback, no playmakers, and as a whole, no talent. Now, this team has all of that, and these guys are all in their prime. We don't have time to let guys develop, because this team's window is closing.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
perrykemp;3841394 said:

i agree for the most part but we dont have the window to develope O line we need instant repair if we wanna contend the next 2 seasons