NF Post top 20 draft busts

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
Coming in at # 16 and #3 a couple of reclamation projects, but no cowboy picks on the list.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Top-20-Biggest-Draft-Busts.html

16. Pacman Jones, CB, West Virginia

Is this a mugshot?
Year: 2005
Selected: #6 overall by the Tennessee Titans

Forget character concerns, this kid can play! In just two years with the Titans, Jones racked up more run-ins with the cops (8) than interceptions (4). Pacman is so out to lunch that the dude actually tried to fight a bodyguard that was assigned to KEEP HIM OUT OF TROUBLE.

Who they could have had: DeMarcus Ware, Aaron Rodgers, Roddy White

Some other tidbits on the site, cricket cut by the fins and the stealers want flozell again next year.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I didn't notice the timeframe of 1998 til I finished reading.

I thought the list seemed dated and couldn't believe Mandarich wasn't #1.

Good friend is a cheesehead and I still bust his balls about 1989.

1 Aikman T
2 Mandarich T...........OUCH!
3 Sanders B
4 Thomas D
5 Sanders D

This may be the best top 5 draft selection list of all-time including Mandarich. Is there any other year where 4 HOF players we're selected in the top 5.

I can't even type about it without LOL. It's such epic fail. Mandarich at #2 in any draft is horrible, but in 1989 right before three HOF players get tabbed has to make it the biggest draft bust in history.

What's worse is you can make a legit arguement that all three of those guys were the all-time best at their position.

Nightshade

Reaction score
sonnyboy;3864742 said:
I didn't notice the timeframe of 1998 til I finished reading.

I thought the list seemed dated and couldn't believe Mandarich wasn't #1.

Good friend is a cheesehead and I still bust his balls about 1989.

1 Aikman T
2 Mandarich T...........OUCH!
3 Sanders B
4 Thomas D
5 Sanders D

This may be the best top 5 draft selection list of all-time including Mandarich. Is there any other year where 4 HOF players we're selected in the top 5.

I can't even type about it without LOL. It's such epic fail. Mandarich at #2 in any draft is horrible, but in 1989 right before three HOF players get tabbed has to make it the biggest draft bust in history.

What's worse is you can make a legit arguement that all three of those guys were the all-time best at their position.

You know it man! and while you're laughing at Green Bay, they're kissing the Lombardi Trophy.