Reaction score
Matt Stafford in the 4th quarter tonight against a great, red-hot defense
  • 10-13 (77% completion rate)
  • 130 yards (so a 520 yard full game pace) His BEST play was in the 4th
  • 3 drives
  • 3 scores (1 Pass TD, 2 FGs)
  • No punts
  • TEAM WIN

What about the horrid throw Stafford made in the 4th quarter that should have been intercepted? That was the worst dropped pick I can remember seeing.

Stafford had 17 interceptions during the season, tied for worst in the league with Tannehill and Lawrence.

McVay is clearly the best coach in the league. Getting to the Super Bowl with Goff and Stafford is an incredible achievement.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most Lions fans that I know, as well as myself, are happy for him. There was actually a contingent of Lions fans at the last game to support him. Don't know if there was a similar group today.

They’re probably happy for him but they still can’t feel real good looking at their situation. Stafford along with Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson all wanted out of Detroit because they’re a losing organization. Detroit is one of the only franchises in the NFL that’s never played in a Super Bowl.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This is how blinded you are by your hate for Stafford, for whatever reason

Matt Stafford in the 4th quarter tonight against a great, red-hot defense
  • 10-13 (77% completion rate)
  • 130 yards (so a 520 yard full game pace) His BEST play was in the 4th
  • 3 drives
  • 3 scores (1 Pass TD, 2 FGs)
  • No punts
  • TEAM WIN

I don’t hate Stafford, I thought he was average tonight.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
They’re probably happy for him but they still can’t feel real good looking at their situation. Stafford along with Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson all wanted out of Detroit because they’re a losing organization. Detroit is one of the only franchises in the NFL that’s never played in a Super Bowl.

Feeling good about the Lions is a completely different thing than appreciating and cheering for a guy that played his guts out for you and is now on another team... and Lions fans are acutely aware of their team's history.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Feeling good about the Lions is a completely different thing than appreciating and cheering for a guy that played his guts out for you and is now on another team... and Lions fans are acutely aware of their team's history.

I’m sure not all Lions fans are happy for him because he didn’t want to be in Detroit anymore. They won virtually nothing with him. It’s not like when he left many fans were saying thanks for the memories. He played a part in their struggles with turnovers. The Detroit fans that are happy for him are probably sick of the organization.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What about the horrid throw Stafford made in the 4th quarter that should have been intercepted? That was the worst dropped pick I can remember seeing.

Stafford had 17 interceptions during the season, tied for worst in the league with Tannehill and Lawrence.

McVay is clearly the best coach in the league. Getting to the Super Bowl with Goff and Stafford is an incredible achievement.
He also had 41 TDs this year…..+24 in TDs -ints is great
and had the highest 4th quarter passer rating in the league

I agree about McVay’s overall job though.
Game management was poor today, but great coach

DFWJC

Reaction score
You understand this better than some

Sydla

Reaction score
I am...people are insane with this over emphasis on the pedigree of a qb and how they impact a game.

Qbs make plays and the make mistakes. All of them.

It really depends on the team you have atound you more than anything.

Some make way more plays and way less mistakes than others. There's be less complaining about the Cowboys QB play if we had Mahomes instead of Dak. I bet there would be less complaining if we had a young stud like Herbert as well.

Jimmy G is a limited QB. The 49ers knew this which is why they not only took a QB in the first round but actually made a trade to get him trading away 2022 first and third round picks and a 2023 first round pick. You don't do that if you believe the QB you have is really good.

Ken

Reaction score
Some make way more plays and way less mistakes than others. There's be less complaining about the Cowboys QB play if we had Mahomes instead of Dak. I bet there would be less complaining if we had a young stud like Herbert as well.

Jimmy G is a limited QB. The 49ers knew this which is why they not only took a QB in the first round but actually made a trade to get him trading away 2022 first and third round picks and a 2023 first round pick. You don't do that if you believe the QB you have is really good.
I don't know, I see a qb who has performed every time he gets a chance and got a huge contract from the 49ers bc of it. He has been to a super bowl and CC game in recent years, hard to say he is limited with that on his resume.

I realize the vogue thing is to have a running qb with a big arm...he is neither of those. So if that is the definition of limited, then yes, he is limited.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't know, I see a qb who has performed every time he gets a chance and got a huge contract from the 49ers bc of it. He has been to a super bowl and CC game in recent years, hard to say he is limited with that on his resume.

I realize the vogue thing is to have a running qb with a big arm...he is neither of those. So if that is the definition of limited, then yes, he is limited.

They literally just traded away two first round picks and a third round pick to grab a QB with their 3rd pick 9 months ago. If they were fine with Jimmy G, why would they use a prime pick on a QB and expend the draft capital they did to make it happen?

Ken

Reaction score
They literally just traded away two first round picks and a third round pick to grab a QB with their 3rd pick 9 months ago. If they were fine with Jimmy G, why would they use a prime pick on a QB and expend the draft capital they did to make it happen?
I understand what they did, we will see if it was the right move or not.

Can't argue with Jimmy's accomplishments, the bar is set high for the new QB. Keep in mind he will be judged by his playoff/super bowl progression as established by the CZ qb "experts".

Sydla

Reaction score
I understand what they did, we will see if it was the right move or not.

Can't argue with Jimmy's accomplishments, the bar is set high for the new QB. Keep in mind he will be judged by his playoff/super bowl progression as established by the CZ qb "experts".

It wasn't Jimmy's accomplishments. He's a bus driver. That team was built on a running game and strong defense. There is literally nothing impressive about his stats, what he's done, etc.

He had a rating of 67 against us. 59 against the Pack (granted weather didn't help). 87 against the Rams. He's a glorified bus driver.

Ken

Reaction score
It wasn't Jimmy's accomplishments. He's a bus driver. That team was built on a running game and strong defense. There is literally nothing impressive about his stats, what he's done, etc.

He had a rating of 67 against us. 59 against the Pack (granted weather didn't help). 87 against the Rams. He's a glorified bus driver.
We will see what the uber talented qb does next year then.