NFC East in 2006 - 2007

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Gints - Eli is still overrated, Tiki and Strahan are one year older and the NYG secondary is still shaky. No extra home game next season.

Redskabs - Brunell still aint' no spring chicken, can Taylor lose the "gangsta" label? What will become of Arrington... Still hardly a draft pick... their first goes to again... "survey says"... Denver! Capologist anyone?

Filly - I think they will have a lot more to overcome, due to the fallout that is the TO situation... they need playmakers... Dawkins is another year older, so is Trotter... Defense got exposed against Dallas this year. Can they make it to .500 or better? Only Chunky McNabb can say.

Dallas - Defense took a HUGE step... sign our playmakers, sign a K, O-lineman, LB, or FS on D if possible... WE ALL know what needs the most attention... It will get done like DL last year... I just don't want another mid season rerun of the Texas Rangers second half of the season... Be strong to the end

draft hopefuls not in any particular order... Marcus McNeil, Haloti Ngata, Ahmad Brooks, Bobby Carpenter, Winston Justice, Laron Landry... list can go on and on... come on April 29 - 30.

yennor24

Reaction score
im a cowboy fan but those Commanders are a wideout away from being in the superbowl....If they get T.O.?????????? They got a real good defense

Ken

Reaction score
yennor24 said:
im a cowboy fan but those Commanders are a wideout away from being in the superbowl....If they get T.O.?????????? They got a real good defense
I really, really, don't think so.

They need more than 1 wideout. Let them have TO too.

QB is a question mark to me. I'm not sold Brunnell can make it another year. He was pretty beat up by the end of the season. Portis was better this year, but I am still not impressed.

We will see how their offseason goes. They were 5-6 then got on a roll.

I am still shaking my head they got in the playoffs. They were handed a victory against Tampa, and they had every opporotunity against Seattle and blew it.

They are not as good as their record indicated this year, IMO.

yennor24

Reaction score
come on Ken, that defense is good enough to carry that team. with T.O. and Moss they would score points even if brunnel can play OK for the year...Think about it Portis would never see 8 in the box and Moss would never get doubled...That would make them a very scary team......

canters

Reaction score
My understanding is that the 'Skins are in bad cap shape,,,way over.

This, and Gibbs re- retiring may crimp their progress.

Zman5

Reaction score
NY and Wash is as close to the SB as we are for next season. I would even go as far as that they may be even closer than us.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
canters said:

many people keep saying that we will be in cap hell, but, there are many ways that we can get around the cap. It has been posted in many articles about how the skins can get under the cap. It has even been showed that the skins could get 10 mil under the cap.

i can post the article, but i doubt you will read it anyways...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
canters said:

They've been in bad cap shape for years.

burmafrd

Reaction score
skin fans need to ask themselves why no other teams in the league try the Cap funs and games the skins do? The NFL is a LEAGUE of copy cats. If one team is successful at something several more try it and then it becomes the norm. So why is it that NO ONE else goes to the lengths the skins do?
And if some moronic skin troll tries to claim that Danny BOy is that much smarter then everyone else...

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
skin fans need to ask themselves why no other teams in the league try the Cap funs and games the skins do? The NFL is a LEAGUE of copy cats. If one team is successful at something several more try it and then it becomes the norm. So why is it that NO ONE else goes to the lengths the skins do?
And if some moronic skin troll tries to claim that Danny BOy is that much smarter then everyone else...

call me a troll or not, but one thing is for sure, he is smart enough to actually go out and get good assistants, unlike some genius down in big D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd say all 4 teams are even going into next year.

Its a fairly large cop out but honestly this division is just tough.
Wash made it two rounds deep but have some cap concerns if not problems and will probably jettison Lavar.
NYG have a young QB with all world potential but still relies on Tiki and Strahan. Tiki is an older back who could see his production dip at any point now.
We are getting Flo back and prior to his injury we were just as good as any NFCE team.
Philly with McNabb back and a WR replacement they should be back in the mix. They are in good cap shape, have TO to dangle in trade and will pick the highest of the NFCE teams.

Dallas and Wash had A off-seasons to join the elite and Philly had a C off-season to fall back a bit. Next off-season could determine more about seedings than any in a long time. Where I really like how Dallas stacks up is in the young guys. Ware and Witten and Julius and Canty and Spears really look like building blocks to hold this team up for 5-6 years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
call me a troll or not, but one thing is for sure, he is smart enough to actually go out and get good assistants, unlike some genius down in big D
That was dumb luck. Williams was FIRED and was available.
Bill had his top 5 or 6 assistants all gainfully employed.

BP's guys keep getting head coaching jobs. Hard to argue with that success.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
the giants will be good next year i think, but no way the Commanders are back in the playoffs, they weren't a legit playoff team this year. they still have QB ? and a defense can only bat so many balls at the LOS each year. no way are they where they are this year next year

as for dallas...no reason we shouldnt be better with that defense and a retooled O line

philly will be better, but not as good as they have been

my division predictions (too early to matter):
1. dallas
2. nyg
3. philly
4. Commanders

aznhalf

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
many people keep saying that we will be in cap hell, but, there are many ways that we can get around the cap. It has been posted in many articles about how the skins can get under the cap. It has even been showed that the skins could get 10 mil under the cap.

You guys have been extremely fortunate with injuries this year untill the very end.

Sure you can keep your starters by paying a lot. But despite what you think, that money comes from somewhere. Your depth in basically every position is seriously lacking in my opinion and this is a direct result of frivolous spending.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:

yea, release/trade all of their good players

burritopunk

Reaction score
Before I post, I'll let you all know that I am a Commanders fan.

I think the NFC East will be a battle between Dallas and Washington next year. For some reason, I don't see the Giants doing what they did this year. They just had their chance, and got blown out at home. Philly will be on the rise, but I just don't see them posing a huge threat next year.

Dallas is on the brinks of being real deadly. I don't follow your team very much, but an upgraded O-Line and more aggressive playcalling could go a long long way.

Washington needs to desparately fix their WR problem. I feel that Patten will be much better next year, being injury free. Defenses have to respect him, something they haven't done to Thrash, Farris, Jacobs, etc. Hopefully, someone else will be signed in Free Agency. Arrington will stay, the cap hit would be too much to take.

I also hope that Campbell shows strides this offseason, Brunell was solid for us, but he can't make it through a whole season, and it showed.

I see Dallas and Washington in the playoffs next season.

yennor24

Reaction score
Im sorry I gotta disagree with you on that one. We will never win a SB with Parcells as our coach. Look at what he has turned this team into. he's trying to make us Blue Collar team....Dallas was never a Blue collar team, We were always smarter, quicker, and better than other teams. Were not a blue collar city, were a flashy city. And untill then I dont think we will win.

burritopunk

Reaction score
yennor24 said:
Im sorry I gotta disagree with you on that one. We will never win a SB with Parcells as our coach. Look at what he has tearned this team into. he's trying to make us Blue Collar team....Dallas was never a Blue collar team, We were always smarter, quicker, and better than other teams. Were not a blue collar city, were a flashy city. And untill then I dont think we will win.

Hasn't Dallas won a Superbowl with Parcells as their coach before? :confused:

Cristoff

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:

Riddle me this troll. Who was the genius that hired Steve Sparrior to install his freakin tricked up college offense in the NFL?

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
yea, release/trade all of their good players

actually, it had us keeping all of our main playerS(including arrington)... the only people that we would loose would be someone like ramsey.

we end up saving 15 million alone by guarenteed before they are due. without cutting/trading/ect anyone, we become only 3 million over the cap. so, with some proper cuts, we will have enough cap to sign some key FA's...

http://Commanders.scout.com/2/482405.html