NFC East should be interesting from a Cowboys perspective in 2024

SackMaster

Reaction score
With both KM joining the Eagles as their OC and DQ joining the Commanders as their HC, we will face our recently former OC and DC a combined 4 times next year.

Will it matter? Who knows. But the Cowboys have owned the East, record wise, in the past decade:
  • 2023 = 5-1*
  • 2022 = 4-2*
  • 2021 = 6-0*
  • 2020 = 2-4
  • 2019 = 5-1
  • 2018 = 5-1*
  • 2017 = 5-1
  • 2016 = 3-3*
  • 2015 = 3-3
  • 2014 = 4-2*
    • * = playoff appearance
  • Combined = 42-18 or winning 70% of game
I know, I know. This has led to virtually zero success in the playoffs. I get it. Still got to play a regular season, and being good against the division usually helps towards getting to the playoffs. To ATTEMPT to have success in the playoffs, you gotta get there first.

I just wonder if KM and/or DQ can actually challenge the Cowboys dominance in the NFC East for the past 10 years?
:huh:

SackMaster

Reaction score
Again, I am aware that none of this has lead to post season success, but a participation trophy for winning 70% of your divisional games?
:facepalm:

And PS, this is more than the current coach and "one suspect player" since neither were here pre-2016. Just like to point that out.
:thumbup:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
181160_original.jpg

SackMaster

Reaction score
I get it, you are mad the Cowboys can only win in the regular season. It sucks.

I just wonder how many Super Bowls were won by teams that NEVER / RARELY won in the regular season?
:huh:

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
So it's our division's fault Jerry gets away with this garbage. If our rivals were any good, we might have seen some actual change by now. Stupid No-Names...stupid Gnats.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they should give Dallas some kind of trophy for winning those games. An NFC East participation trophy or something. That would build confidence for the gm/coach and that one suspect player.
They should build a money statue of an ATM to show where all the money gets saved at

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Washington is taking the bigger gamble than Philadelphia in my opinion. Dan Quinn oversaw a Super Bowl appearing team. However, Atlanta's regular season records were two 7-9's, an 8-8, along with the 10-6 and 11-5 above 0.500 seasons as its head coach. I would have thought the Commanders, under new ownership and new GMs, would have not gone with a head coach, who did not have past overall above average regular season success.

nobody

Reaction score
So it's our division's fault Jerry gets away with this garbage. If our rivals were any good, we might have seen some actual change by now. Stupid No-Names...stupid Gnats.
Imagine how things would be if the Giants, Commanders, and Eagles were all good at the same time for like 5-6 years and we came last in the division every one of those years. We'd all be apoplectic. Jerry wouldn't change things though

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the East this upcoming season.

Looks like a reshuffling of chairs on the titanic with past playoff losers like Quinn, McCarthy, Kellen Moore and Sirianni, although he at least Got to a SB, followed up by the most epic collapse of a first place team in NFL history

I'm predicting quite alot of crap to come out of the East next season....very interesting indeed.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Imagine how things would be if the Giants, Commanders, and Eagles were all good at the same time for like 5-6 years and we came last in the division every one of those years. We'd all be apoplectic. Jerry wouldn't change things though
We certainly wouldn't have been "around the rim" all these years.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Giants and Commanders have been doormats for years and the Eagles had a little bit of a rough patch with the Carson Wentz saga for a bit.

This is why we have had good regular season records over the years and are one and done when we get into the playoffs.

The NFC East is going to get a little more difficult to play against in the next few seasons.

Dak will only have maybe next season to work on his Hall Of Fame Stats.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea what the NFC East teams are going to do but I will tell you that I believe D.C. or the rebounding Eagles will win the division.
Laugh I know but bookmark this post as we have so many holes and issues to solve that either a 3rd place or dead last finish could become a reality.
Yes, I don't buy into JJ ra ra BS sorry and we are primed for a major fall to reality as we are older but not wiser.
My only hope is there is a change at QB which will guarantee that our players will give 100% or worst case scenario we flop and have a top 5 pick.
Lame duck HC/QB anyone????????????????

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The longest streak they ever finished last or next to last was 3 years two different times. The 3 5-11 Campo years. And the 3 8-8 win and in seasons of Garrett.
only finish last for 2 years in a row Here and there.

Unless you count the first 5 years where they finish 7th, then 6th, then 5th 3 times until they came in 2nd, then went on Landry’s 20 years win streak.

Since the last SB they only finished last in the division 3 times. One of those was when Tommy Romo was injured.
When Dak broke his ankle, they finish 3rd.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The longest streak they ever finished last or next to last was 3 years two different times. The 3 5-11 Campo years. And the 3 8-8 win and in seasons of Garrett.
only finish last for 2 years in a row Here and there.

Unless you count the first 5 years where they finish 7th, then 6th, then 5th 3 times until they came in 2nd, then went on Landry’s 20 years win streak.

Since the last SB they only finished last in the division 3 times. One of those was when Tommy Romo was injured.
When Dak broke his ankle, they finish 3rd.
I kinda miss Tommy Romo, don't you?