NFC East should be interesting from a Cowboys perspective in 2024

mcmvp

Reaction score
NFC East is screwed up…re-arranging deck chairs. Watch Rivera end up the Cowboys DC. Who knows which team is more ***** up at this point

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
With both KM joining the Eagles as their OC and DQ joining the Commanders as their HC, we will face our recently former OC and DC a combined 4 times next year.

Will it matter? Who knows. But the Cowboys have owned the East, record wise, in the past decade:
  • 2023 = 5-1*
  • 2022 = 4-2*
  • 2021 = 6-0*
  • 2020 = 2-4
  • 2019 = 5-1
  • 2018 = 5-1*
  • 2017 = 5-1
  • 2016 = 3-3*
  • 2015 = 3-3
  • 2014 = 4-2*
    • * = playoff appearance
  • Combined = 42-18 or winning 70% of game
I know, I know. This has led to virtually zero success in the playoffs. I get it. Still got to play a regular season, and being good against the division usually helps towards getting to the playoffs. To ATTEMPT to have success in the playoffs, you gotta get there first.

I just wonder if KM and/or DQ can actually challenge the Cowboys dominance in the NFC East for the past 10 years?
:huh:
the cowboys are going to implode next year at the first sign of adversity. the coach on his last year of contract. which good DC in their right mind is going to come to the cowboys knowing hte head coach is on a short leash and will probably be fired by the end of season. the whole team is under microscope and given we have a Diva defender in Parsons and a weak minded WR in CD and a QB who wilted in the playoffs, tempers are going to flare. finger pointing is going to start and the whole thing is going to fall apart quickly.

this team just doesn't have it.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I get it, you are mad the Cowboys can only win in the regular season. It sucks.

I just wonder how many Super Bowls were won by teams that NEVER / RARELY won in the regular season?
lol I'm picking up what you're putting down.

It's going to be interesting for sure, especially with so many former Cowboys staff spread through the division. Nothing lasts forever, so eventually the NFC East isn't going to be a cakewalk for us. Plus, if history tells us anything (with no repeat division winners since like 05) there is a good chance we don't win the East this next season.

It's crazy DQ ended up in Washington. Who would've thought that even a few months ago?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I get it, you are mad the Cowboys can only win in the regular season. It sucks.

I just wonder how many Super Bowls were won by teams that NEVER / RARELY won in the regular season?
An 17 year old kid puts his pants on and goes to school every day and earns straight F's.

His father gets mad at him about the straight F's.

The kid says "but Dad, I can put my pants on"

Dad: "so? What dies that have to do with ur straight F's?"

Kid: "how many kids do you know with straight A's that don't know how to put their pants on? Ive got the pants part of that equation down, I'm just ONE step away from straight A's!"

erod

Reaction score
With both KM joining the Eagles as their OC and DQ joining the Commanders as their HC, we will face our recently former OC and DC a combined 4 times next year.

Will it matter? Who knows. But the Cowboys have owned the East, record wise, in the past decade:
  • 2023 = 5-1*
  • 2022 = 4-2*
  • 2021 = 6-0*
  • 2020 = 2-4
  • 2019 = 5-1
  • 2018 = 5-1*
  • 2017 = 5-1
  • 2016 = 3-3*
  • 2015 = 3-3
  • 2014 = 4-2*
    • * = playoff appearance
  • Combined = 42-18 or winning 70% of game
I know, I know. This has led to virtually zero success in the playoffs. I get it. Still got to play a regular season, and being good against the division usually helps towards getting to the playoffs. To ATTEMPT to have success in the playoffs, you gotta get there first.

I just wonder if KM and/or DQ can actually challenge the Cowboys dominance in the NFC East for the past 10 years?
Beating 3 other teams is hardly exciting.

nobody

Reaction score
The longest streak they ever finished last or next to last was 3 years two different times. The 3 5-11 Campo years. And the 3 8-8 win and in seasons of Garrett.
only finish last for 2 years in a row Here and there.

Unless you count the first 5 years where they finish 7th, then 6th, then 5th 3 times until they came in 2nd, then went on Landry’s 20 years win streak.

Since the last SB they only finished last in the division 3 times. One of those was when Tommy Romo was injured.
When Dak broke his ankle, they finish 3rd.
The Camp years were so bad though. So very bad. But all of the years you mentioned is proof that even if they Cowboys truly sucked for multiple years, Jerry wouldn't make the necessary front office changes, and if he did, it wouldn't be for long.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I have no idea what the NFC East teams are going to do but I will tell you that I believe D.C. or the rebounding Eagles will win the division.
Laugh I know but bookmark this post as we have so many holes and issues to solve that either a 3rd place or dead last finish could become a reality.
Yes, I don't buy into JJ ra ra BS sorry and we are primed for a major fall to reality as we are older but not wiser.
My only hope is there is a change at QB which will guarantee that our players will give 100% or worst case scenario we flop and have a top 5 pick.
Lame duck HC/QB anyone????????????????
I think I can tell you what one NFC East team does.

When we play Wash.. whomever the DC is.. will play zone.