Twitter: NFC East standings after week 7

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I like our chances. Even if one of these teams wins out which has zero chance of happening we’d win the division easily.
If Washington wins out then we wouldn't "easily" win division as you suggested because that would mean Washington would have finished 12-5 with 2 wins head to head against us.

We'd have to finished 13-4 to win the division at that point. That mean's we'd have to go 8-1 against the Chiefs, Vikings, Raiders, Saints, Cardinals, Giants, Eagles, Falcons, and Broncos left.

So, although it's VERY unlikely any of these teams win out, I'm just not somebody that is willing to count my eggs before they hatch ever. I've watched enough Cowboys football to know that it's never wise to think anything is automatic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With loses by Washington and Philly Dallas is now 3.5 games up on the east.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
With loses by Washington and Philly Dallas is now 3.5 games up on the east.
6 down and 11 to go. A lot can happen in 2 months. We just need to stay healthy, from qb to rb's to lb's to Oline, etc. (just puttin a little mojo on the cake) :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
6 down and 11 to go. A lot can happen in 2 months. We just need to stay healthy, from qb to rb's to lb's to Oline, etc. (just puttin a little mojo on the cake) :)

True, I just want to see the Cowboys continue to play quality football and improve on some things as they move forward. If they do that everything will take care of itself.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There is a really good chance we can be 5 up in the loss column by the start of the game Sunday night.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys have started the season 5-1 fourteen times in our history and never missed the playoffs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Washington wins out then we wouldn't "easily" win division as you suggested because that would mean Washington would have finished 12-5 with 2 wins head to head against us.

We'd have to finished 13-4 to win the division at that point. That mean's we'd have to go 8-1 against the Chiefs, Vikings, Raiders, Saints, Cardinals, Giants, Eagles, Falcons, and Broncos left.

So, although it's VERY unlikely any of these teams win out, I'm just not somebody that is willing to count my eggs before they hatch ever. I've watched enough Cowboys football to know that it's never wise to think anything is automatic.
I think the same way. The Chiefs do not look like the team of the last few years though. Im more worried about the Cardinals than anyone. I may be in the stadium for that game. So I am hoping its for the bye week and home field. Would make it so much better to be there.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The only standings I care about at this point are the playoff standings. That #4 seed will be a huge disadvantage as you get rewarded with a game likely against either LA or Arizona. Time to start look towards a bye or at least a lesser game against a team like New Orleans, Atlanta, etc.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think the same way. The Chiefs do not look like the team of the last few years though. Im more worried about the Cardinals than anyone. I may be in the stadium for that game. So I am hoping its for the bye week and home field. Would make it so much better to be there.
Mahomes can still drop 450 yards and 5 TDs on this defense. They can still easily be dangerous even if they haven't looked all there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Mahomes can still drop 450 yards and 5 TDs on this defense. They can still easily be dangerous even if they haven't looked all there.
Oh no I know. He scares me a lot. I am just saying I am more scared of the Cards because they have been more consistent.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh no I know. He scares me a lot. I am just saying I am more scared of the Cards because they have been more consistent.
I worry about both of those games simply because I don't believe we have a good defense outside of getting turnovers. We can't expect to force 2 turnovers a game.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think the chiefs are still having Oline issues. Patrick is always running for his life. Add some really good cover db's to the mix and he really gets into trouble.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Even If Dak misses a game or 2 with this injury I am confident MM will have Rush ready to go…Under Mike this team truly switches players in and out with very little drop off. Unlike under JG, I think Mike has planned for a time when Rush is needed. Let’s have faith in this coaching staff that has turned this team into a contender in less than 2 years and only 1 off-season…