Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Reaction score
Passing Yards
GB
A. Rodgers28-43, 355 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT
DAL
D. Prescott24-38, 302 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT

They didnt throw the ball? they had to throw it 38 times with an OL and rookie zeke that are what SB's are made of...what would throwing the ball be 50 times?
Apologies I wasn't cleae. I meant the oline and running backs don't throw the ball, the QB does. What were Matt Ryans figures against the same pass defense a week later

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Though I'm not sure Dallas can/will capitalize on the gift-wrapped opportunity, it does appear that the NFC has issues across the board this year.

Maybe we can at the very least advance a game or two in the playoffs?

I know, I know....don't pile on.....but they all have some issues.

Here are some issues with the top contenders

Bucs.
Brady is taking time away and is really struggling emotionally right now.
Big injuires on the line and elsewhere.

Rams
Stafford has an elbow issue. He's toughed it out his whole career through various pain issues, but this could get him later in the season.
They had some key losses in FA, including Von Miller. Some nice adds too though

49ers
Trey Lance is the starter, so that's a big unknown.

Green Bay
lost maybe the best WR in the league
then lost their #2 and #3 WRS as well.

Cards
They lost a ton of talent: Chandler Jones, Christian Kirk, Chase Edmond, Jordan Hicks, and more

Philly
They were the last team in and still have Hurts as QB, but may be better this year.

The Cowboys have more issues than any of the teams you listed.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
NFC got weaker for sure. The Jones boys blew a great opportunity to go for it and capitalize.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have more issues than any of the teams you listed.
How so? Everyone listed has quarterback issues. The most important position on the field. I think Rams and Buccs will be ok but I don’t know how anyone can say Eagles and Cardinals don’t have more issues. Cardinals don’t even have Hopkins for the first 6 games if I’m not mistaken.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How so? Everyone listed has quarterback issues. The most important position on the field. I think Rams and Buccs will be ok but I don’t know how anyone can say Eagles and Cardinals don’t have more issues. Cardinals don’t even have Hopkins for the first 6 games if I’m not mistaken.

Don’t see where everyone has QB issues. Brady will be back and Stafford has tendinitis but should be okay. The Rams could beat us with their backup. The Cowboys struggle against backup QBs. The Cardinals have Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts has a solid weapon at WR. He’s still a developing QB and should be a little better this season. The Cowboys will be starting the season without 3 of their top 4 receivers from last season. We’re seeing problems from last season carrying over to this summer. The OL looks to be a big problem and the penalties are continuing plus we don’t have a solid kicker. You can bet with confidence that our kicking situation will cost us a few games this season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Apologies I wasn't cleae. I meant the oline and running backs don't throw the ball, the QB does. What were Matt Ryans figures against the same pass defense a week later

Passing Yards
GB
A. Rodgers27-45, 287 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT
ATL
M. Ryan27-38, 392 YDS, 4 TD

so what your saying is a much better team on defense needed the same amount of passes.....but yet we had the best OL in the league and rookie Zeke what SB teams are made of and yet its the QB needing to win the game? So i guess it was not the OL and rookie Zeke...man rodgers should be pissed? hmm crazy stuff how come they needed the same amount of pass plays without the best oline and a rookie Zeke..but yet they held the packers to only score in the 20's but against our team they hit the 30's...crazy stuff ..right?

Crazy stuff rodgers had 100 more yards on zeke and the oline vs us...damb QB but on the plus side we now know Ryan is a better QB than Rodgers..for sure

let me guess Romo would've thrown for 500 and 6 touchdowns and the whole oline and zeke thing would be proven? Same amount of passes crazy stuff...But yeah we didnt throw on them enough

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don’t see where everyone has QB issues. Brady will be back and Stafford has tendinitis but should be okay. The Rams could beat us with their backup. The Cowboys struggle against backup QBs. The Cardinals have Kyler Murray and Jalen Hurts has a solid weapon at WR. He’s still a developing QB and should be a little better this season. The Cowboys will be starting the season without 3 of their top 4 receivers from last season. We’re seeing problems from last season carrying over to this summer. The OL looks to be a big problem and the penalties are continuing plus we don’t have a solid kicker. You can bet with confidence that our kicking situation will cost us a few games this season.
Reports are saying Brady doesn't even look interested in playing. Stafford is coming off injury. Stafford is also going into the season without Robert Woods and OBJ. Jalen Hurts can't throw, Cardinals have so much faith in Kyler Murray that they put "studying" clauses in his contract to get him to study film.

Rams could beat the Cowboys with a backup QB? Alright. That's BS.

Either way, everyone can sit here and talk about what the Cowboys "don't have" but let's talk about what they do have? Is Dan Quinn still coaching the defense? Is Micah hurt? Is Lawrence hurt? Diggs? The defense lost Randy Gregory. They will be a better unit simply getting older. A lot of talk about what the Cowboys don't have but no one is talking about how this defense could actually be better than last year.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Reports are saying Brady doesn't even look interested in playing. Stafford is coming off injury. Stafford is also going into the season without Robert Woods and OBJ. Jalen Hurts can't throw, Cardinals have so much faith in Kyler Murray that they put "studying" clauses in his contract to get him to study film.

Either way, everyone can sit here and talk about what the Cowboys "don't have" but let's talk about what they do have? Is Dan Quinn still coaching the defense? Is Micah hurt? Is Lawrence hurt? Diggs? The defense lost Randy Gregory. They will be a better unit simply getting older. A lot of talk about what the Cowboys don't have but no one is talking about how this defense could actually be better than last year.
I've only read one report that said Brady look uninterested. All other reports said his 10 day absence was planned and approved before training camp even started. Hell and training footage and reports, Brady was still dropping dimes and him and J. Jones were building good chemistry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've only read one report that said Brady look uninterested. All other reports said his 10 day absence was planned and approved before training camp even started. Hell and training footage and reports, Brady was still dropping dimes and him and J. Jones were building good chemistry.

I don't doubt it. Ultimately I expect Stafford and Brady to be fine. Saying those teams are better than the Cowboys.....not far fetched.

Saying that the Cowboys have more pressing issues than the Cardinals and Eagles is insulting.

vlad

Reaction score
If Brady is struggling emotionally it’s probably over how bad *** his life is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It’s possible Brady didn’t like what he saw with the Bucs during training camp and is having second thoughts but I would be real surprised if he were to decide to hang them up with less than a month before the season opener and leave the Bucs without a QB. It would make him look bad and would be a terrible way to end his career. If he were to quit it would put even more pressure on the Cowboys to beat the Bucs on opening day. If they were to beat us at home with a backup QB this fan base would go berserk! The Cowboys could very easily lose to the Rams with a backup QB. There’s probably not a team the past 15 years that’s struggled more against backup QBs than the Cowboys.

A few seasons ago they caught a huge break with Drew Brees being out with an injury only to lose to Teddy Bridgewater. I believe it was in 2013 that Aaron Rodgers was out with an injury only to have Matt Flynn throw for 4 TD passes. When you looked at the stats you would’ve thought Aaron Rodgers played. In 2014 we lost to Colt McCoy who was a third string QB for Washington. He had a career day against us. We lost to Josh McCown against Chicago several years ago. As for Kyler Murray you don’t think he’s any good? You seem to think every QB is solid including Tyrod Taylor and Nick Foles. Lol The Cardinals had enough confidence in Murray to pay him $230 million.

Swagger

Reaction score
Passing Yards
GB
A. Rodgers27-45, 287 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT
ATL
M. Ryan27-38, 392 YDS, 4 TD

so what your saying is a much better team on defense needed the same amount of passes.....but yet we had the best OL in the league and rookie Zeke what SB teams are made of and yet its the QB needing to win the game? So i guess it was not the OL and rookie Zeke...man rodgers should be pissed? hmm crazy stuff how come they needed the same amount of pass plays without the best oline and a rookie Zeke..but yet they held the packers to only score in the 20's but against our team they hit the 30's...crazy stuff ..right?

Crazy stuff rodgers had 100 more yards on zeke and the oline vs us...damb QB but on the plus side we now know Ryan is a better QB than Rodgers..for sure

let me guess Romo would've thrown for 500 and 6 touchdowns and the whole oline and zeke thing would be proven? Same amount of passes crazy stuff...But yeah we didnt throw on them enough
Rodgers and Prescott didn't play against the same defense. The comparison is Prescott and Ryan. Most of Prescott's yards came against prevent defense after the Cowboys offense fell well behind against the worst passing defense in the play offs. A vet All Pro QB like Romo helps the team stay in the game whilst the D found its feet.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We may suck as a win-needy team but, we do have a FO with a luxury yacht, and guys who really know how to have a good time! :grin:

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Well - the Cowboys are playing some of the top NFC teams in the first 6 weeks of the season ...so how they fare by mid-October will be telling.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hilarious to watch you hide behind "they didnt win it all". This all but assures you have lost with EVERYTHING else and all you can say now is.....................they didnt win it. LOL

I remember the Romo cry babies admitting defeat in a similar fashion.

The Cowboys have NOT been legitimate contenders the last few years and arent this year. I have NEVER said they were legitimate contenders so your not saying anything I didnt or most havent.

Dak and the Cowboys continue to make a mockery of you regardless of not winning a SB.

He feels better.

Even better then when the team schools me by not winning a damn thing every year after I say they won't.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rodgers and Prescott didn't play against the same defense. The comparison is Prescott and Ryan. Most of Prescott's yards came against prevent defense after the Cowboys offense fell well behind against the worst passing defense in the play offs. A vet All Pro QB like Romo helps the team stay in the game whilst the D found its feet.
Yes.
That 2016 Green Bay 31st ranked pass defense was the worst any Dallas team has ever paced in the playoffs by a long shot.
And we had them at home.

And also yes, all of our yards came after we were ina deep hole and they were in a full or partial prevent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He feels better.

Even better then when the team schools me by not winning a damn thing every year after I say they won't.
Problem is you say much more than that. And it’s usually wrong.

any fool can predict we won’t win a SB?

I bet we never win sb with dak. Mm, name whoever you want……while Jerry is alive.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm actually curious what's going on with Brady.

EDIT: based on my research, Brady is out because his wife didn't like that he came out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.