NFC is somewhat in shambles this early season

DFWJC

Reaction score
NFC favorites are floundering/shaky
  • 49ers are all beat up and have 1-2 record
  • Eagles are heading toward 2-2, and getting stomped 21-0 by Bucs
  • Lions are a bit shacky, though not awful
  • Green Bay too...getting hammered by surprisingly good Vikings, 21-0
  • Dallas already has 2 losses...though not sure they were considered a contender

The point is that while the AFC has the big hurdles in KC and Buffalo, you may not have to be all that great to advance in the NFC this year.

It's way too early, so we'll see

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
We focus on the teams trending down but the NFC has a lot of good teams trending up that we ignore. TB, Minnesota look primed for runs, and it’ll be interesting to see how Washington responds today too.

NFC lacks the elite team (unless SF gets healthy) but that conference seems deep with good teams.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
  • Dallas already has 2 losses...though not sure they were considered a contender

The point is that while the AFC has the big hurdles in KC and Buffalo, you may not have to be all that great to advance in the NFC this year.

Oh how this team has fallen so far.

Depending on a bad conference to help this team advance to the playoffs, rather than man up and take it. :facepalm:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Anthony Richardson out with Colts hip . Can’t stay healthy . He’s got the talent . Now it’s up to Joe Flacco to try and finish off Pittsburgh

blueblood70

Reaction score

it's a perfect time for the Cowboys to be able to climb back in it,... Gives us plenty of time I saw a couple years ago when the Jacksonville Jaguars started three and six I saw what the Packers did last year along with the Rams starting out very slow I've seen us start out three and five remember in 2018 and still get it turned around so being 2:00 and 2:00 in a somewhat down year for the NFC that's good for us get our players back find a rhythm coaches come up with a better game plan...

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If anything this is bad.

While the NFC, and even the entire NFL is a bit shaky, meaning anyone can win it all, we need to be tanking because this team has a lot of needs. People need to be fired (ahem, the OC, DC, and Head coach). A lot of these other teams we see suffering are maybe a piece or two away from being dominant, or perhaps they’re just having a bad game/bad matchups week to week. We have bad matchups every week because we have a personnel and culture issue that can only be fixed by tanking.

Furthermore, I don’t think it’s too early to say the Vikings are very very good. Lions are still good despite some shaky problems. NFC South is still formidable, even if not particularly dominant. Even the Commanders look like they would win our division as they play well disciplined football. I could go on.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh how this team has fallen so far.

Depending on a bad conference to help this team advance to the playoffs, rather than man up and take it. :facepalm:
We always depend on how bad our conference is. We’ve been an average team for the last 30 years and then people complain. We don’t win in the playoffs , we draft average, because we win average. I just enjoyed the product they put out there. I love watching Philly lose as much as the Cowboys win. This is what Jerry’s built. I don’t complain. I have no control over it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This just means the Cowboys will have a decent record in this weak division and have another middling draft pick.. ugh
And the wheels keep spinning, this is what Jerry’s built. I couldn’t agree more about playing average winning average you draft average. Until we have three consecutive losing seasons will never be a contender. There’s not enough talent to go around the league. You have to lose big to eventually win big And that’s not Jerry’s philosophy I was hoping they didn’t re-sign C D, as much as I like him, or Prescott, I was hoping this was the year. We let it all sink.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Commanders look like the class of the NFCE.
I had them winning the division but I never posted it. Also picked LAC to win the AWest.

I also had Minnesota having a top three pick.

What a nutty league. I once won a knockout pool and it took all 17 weeks. Most of them are probably over by now lol.

bottleKids

Reaction score
The amount of parity in the NFL this season gives me extreme anxiety, lolol..... that being said looks like early front runner for the division are the Commanders.

Swagger

Reaction score

Quite. Very weak conference when you compare it with the teams from 10+ years back.