NFC is somewhat in shambles this early season

fivetwos

Reaction score
The amount of parity in the NFL this season gives me extreme anxiety, lolol..... that being said looks like early front runner for the division are the Commanders.
I wonder if it levels out a bit after everyone gets their “preseason” out of the way.

This is the craziest season I can recall.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Vance Joseph Broncos defense bails out Sean Payton . Held the Jets out of the end zone . The Giants and Jets both played home games this weekend and neither found the end zone . Pure garbage in metro New Yawk NFL product .

bottleKids

Reaction score
I wonder if it levels out a bit after everyone gets their “preseason” out of the way.

This is the craziest season I can recall.
I agree... Eagles looked AWFUL and the Commanders as of now look legit... I feel if we can be the Steelers this week it would show we are still contending for the division. I think Eagles are a dumpster fire and are going to finish 8-9 and fire their coach, however its early!

lukemartin79

Reaction score
vikings and commanders will be(and are currently) worse than the cowboys and eagles. book it.
The NFC LEAST is back. Our division is going to be the joke division this year. The weak division winner going in to the playoffs. It has typically been the NFC North lately, but looks like it switched this year. I am not buying the Skins just yet, they lost to the only good team they have played so far this year. All three wins have come against 1 - 3 teams, they are playing a soft schedule.

lwehlers

Reaction score
washington has a good chance to win ten games this season. i see a split with them this year. niners are still the best team in the nfc to me.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We focus on the teams trending down but the NFC has a lot of good teams trending up that we ignore. TB, Minnesota look primed for runs, and it’ll be interesting to see how Washington responds today too.

NFC lacks the elite team (unless SF gets healthy) but that conference seems deep with good teams.
All with bad QBs. Let's see what happens when the stakes raise.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree... Eagles looked AWFUL and the Commanders as of now look legit... I feel if we can be the Steelers this week it would show we are still contending for the division. I think Eagles are a dumpster fire and are going to finish 8-9 and fire their coach, however its early!
It’s strange…..most of us look at this Dallas team and know it’s not good enough to make a deep playoff run, but who really is?

Key injuries loom for all. It’s a wild league these days. How or why anyone feels the need to wager is beyond me. Bet on coin flips. Better off.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
NFC favorites are floundering/shaky
  • 49ers are all beat up and have 1-2 record
  • Eagles are heading toward 2-2, and getting stomped 21-0 by Bucs
  • Lions are a bit shacky, though not awful
  • Green Bay too...getting hammered by surprisingly good Vikings, 21-0
  • Dallas already has 2 losses...though not sure they were considered a contender

The point is that while the AFC has the big hurdles in KC and Buffalo, you may not have to be all that great to advance in the NFC this year.

It's way too early, so we'll see
I just wrote a similar post, didn't see this, it is totally wide open. Just find a way to hang in there and try to make noise late.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
We focus on the teams trending down but the NFC has a lot of good teams trending up that we ignore. TB, Minnesota look primed for runs, and it’ll be interesting to see how Washington responds today too.

NFC lacks the elite team (unless SF gets healthy) but that conference seems deep with good teams.
Don’t forget Seattle with their new HC McDonald. And that defense. They’re
3-0 and playing the Lions tomorrow for possible another win. Teams with new HC like Minnesota, Seattle and LAC doing pretty good already.

Am I glad we kept MM :banghead:

HungryLion

Reaction score
NFC favorites are floundering/shaky
  • 49ers are all beat up and have 1-2 record
  • Eagles are heading toward 2-2, and getting stomped 21-0 by Bucs
  • Lions are a bit shacky, though not awful
  • Green Bay too...getting hammered by surprisingly good Vikings, 21-0
  • Dallas already has 2 losses...though not sure they were considered a contender

The point is that while the AFC has the big hurdles in KC and Buffalo, you may not have to be all that great to advance in the NFC this year.

It's way too early, so we'll see

I feel like we have been saying this for years now.