NFC Playoff Picture - 12/4 Update

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
SF win raised their odds for bye week and Super Bowl win.

We benefited just a little bit but not much from our win and Eagles loss.

We have outside chance now at #2 seed now with SF moving in on NFC title odds.

Falcons starting to secure that NFC South spot.

MNF has AFC implications, click link for AFC boards.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...c-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

nfc_playoffs.jpg

nfc_seeds.jpg

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Don’t know why were doing all these theatrics when that 5th seed is basically locked. The things that would have to ensue for us to gain the 1st, or even the 2nd seed would have to result in a complete collapse from Philly and SF.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Last year's bracket to help you know how it works. Remember that Seeds #1-#4 are only the winners in each Division - South, North, East, West. Wild Card starts with #5.

#1 bye week Team in NFC automatically plays the lowest seed that makes it out of the first games.

2021-22-NFL-Playoff-Bracket.jpg

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams and the Packers are both playing much better now. I like their chances of pulling an upset in round 1, which could help us immensely if we don't win the division.
Could and couldn't. You don't know how it will play out unless you know who the 1 seed will be.

Jipper

Reaction score
only thing that is for certain right now - take care of business on Sunday night against the eagles and then take it a week at a time...table is set.

Even if Dallas loses to a miami or buffalo down the stretch but goes 3-1 against the four tough games (forget wash bc that will be a w if they need it or a L if they are resting)....then they will be battle hardened and have 3 great w's on their schedule.

excited to see if i can start on Sunday...skeptical but hopeful

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Don’t know why were doing all these theatrics when that 5th seed is basically locked. The things that would have to ensue for us to gain the 1st, or even the 2nd seed would have to result in a complete collapse from Philly and SF.
Yeah, outside shot at best right now. Eagles need to collapse, and we finish season strong.

Aven8

Reaction score
Just get in and play who you must. SF looks like the class of the NFC. Having said that, watching that game yesterday if we play SF again, we must get to Brock and play fast on offense. SF’s Dline is stout but very slow.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I would think Detroit would rank higher on the 1 seed considering, unlike Dallas, they have their division pretty much locked up, and they have a better conference record.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would think Detroit would rank higher on the 1 seed considering, unlike Dallas, they have their division pretty much locked up, and they have a better conference record.
They were ranked higher but their Thanksgiving loss dropped them, and gave Green Bay some new life for a playoff birth.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm just focused on getting in. We aren't there yet. Maybe one more win gets it but maybe not too.
We're in. You can see above it's 99% for playoffs. Which means we have to lose every game, and some people have to win the right games, if we're not going to slip in even at #7.

As others wrote, I think we're almost guaranteed that #5 spot. It's more about where the other opponents fall if we feel that it will give an advantageous bracket.

Which I believe in, because I can't honestly say with 100% confidence that 95 Super Bowl team would have won without GB's help knocking off SF in the Playoffs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're in. You can see above it's 99% for playoffs. Which means we have to lose every game, and some people have to win the right games, if we're not going to slip in even at #7.

As others wrote, I think we're almost guaranteed that #5 spot. It's more about where the other opponents fall if we feel that it will give an advantageous bracket.

Which I believe in, because I can't honestly say with 100% confidence that 95 Super Bowl team would have won without GB's help knocking off SF in the Playoffs.
Those odds mean nothing to me. Like PFF grades.

Reaction score
Its not a complete collapse. Eagles could lose to Dallas next week and lose to Seattle the week afterwards. SF still has to play Baltimore. The Cardinals are playing better and may trip up either SF or Philly. Dallas has to win out but its not impossible or out of the realm of possibility they do.