NFC Playoff Picture - 12/4 Update

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Those odds mean nothing to me. Like PFF grades.
Understood. The playoff odds analytics are not as bad as PFF grading analytics where so many things can go wrong on how they grade players, but I can see how it's difficult to give them weight.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Well DeVito is now 2-1 and I just read Tyrod is going to practice this week. Philly still has to play them twice
Have you seen any of the games? How does he look? The one thing I'll give him credit for was he did seem to have a cool personality to handle the pressure of the pros when he played us. But I was looking at Eagles schedule yesterday and wasn't happy to see two games against Giants.

Aven8

Reaction score
Have you seen any of the games? How does he look? The one thing I'll give him credit for was he did seem to have a cool personality to handle the pressure of the pros when he played us. But I was looking at Eagles schedule yesterday and wasn't happy to see two games against Giants.
I saw highlights only but DeVito wasn’t bad in that first win after us. I think with Tyrod they were actually playing well for awhile, then he got hurt. Playing NFC East opponents is always a chore no matter what the records are. We throttle the Gents, while others struggle. It’s about matchups and Philly’s D sucks

pansophy

Reaction score
I would love the 2nd seed -- that would effectively mean we only see either the Eagles or SF, but not both.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Eagles lose 2
49ers lose 1
Cowboys win out
Honestly, besides us potentially (which is still iffy for me), who else can you see the eagles losing out to? Same for the 49ers? Not to mention we have an extremely tough stretch in facing not only the Eagles, but the Lions, as well as the Bills and Miami AT HOME.

The likelihood of all of these factors happening is lower than me obtaining all of Jeff Bezos’ assets.

rambo2

Reaction score
Honestly, besides us potentially (which is still iffy for me), who else can you see the eagles losing out to? Same for the 49ers? Not to mention we have an extremely tough stretch in facing not only the Eagles, but the Lions, as well as the Bills and Miami AT HOME.

The likelihood of all of these factors happening is lower than me obtaining all of Jeff Bezos’ assets.
I think that the Eagles will lose to Dallas and Seattle. I feel that the 49ers will lose at least 1 more game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
We're in. You can see above it's 99% for playoffs. Which means we have to lose every game, and some people have to win the right games, if we're not going to slip in even at #7.

As others wrote, I think we're almost guaranteed that #5 spot. It's more about where the other opponents fall if we feel that it will give an advantageous bracket.

Which I believe in, because I can't honestly say with 100% confidence that 95 Super Bowl team would have won without GB's help knocking off SF in the Playoffs.
given the four wild card or in the hunt teams below us are 6-6, they would all have to go 4-1 to pass us. We have head to head tie breaker on two of them so if we win one game, they have to win out to pass us. Highly unlikely.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'm just focused on getting in. We aren't there yet. Maybe one more win gets it but maybe not too.
I think 9 wins gets you in because we have the tie breaker over Rams and Seattle head to head plus Washington is done. The Cowboys are pretty much a lock for 11 wins.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Miami game is the one I am most concerned with. I think Dallas beats Buffalo and Detroit but Miami just might be a bad matchup for us.
I think Miami is a very bad matchup for us offensively. They are basically a better version of what we just saw in the Seahawks on that side of the ball. It will be one of those 50-50 chance track meet games.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think Miami is a very bad matchup for us offensively. They are basically a better version of what we just saw in the Seahawks on that side of the ball. It will be one of those 50-50 chance track meet games.
Sadly, I think it's going to be back to reality after that Fins game. Away, and they have ability to do everything we can't beat. Also have Vic Fangio over there calling defense. Doesn't look good.

Reaction score
Depends on which Miami team shows up. They have feasted lately on terrible teams (Jets, Deadskins, Raiders), against better teams they have lost.

Motorola

Reaction score
The Rams and the Packers are both playing much better now. I like their chances of pulling an upset in round 1, which could help us immensely if we don't win the division.
Packers are currently in the 7th spot and the Rams are on the outside at no.8.
Vikings, Packers, Rams, and Seahawks all have 6-6 records.
With five games left in the season, none of those four teams are a lock to make the playoffs.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sadly, I think it's going to be back to reality after that Fins game. Away, and they have ability to do everything we can't beat. Also have Vic Fangio over there calling defense. Doesn't look good.
If it's one of those games it is just one of those games. The NFL is all about matchups and I think Miami just presents the wrong kind of challenge for this team. Fangio defenses have always given this team massive problems too, but I think this version of Dak could still tear them up. Our defense is just going to get boat raced in my opinion.

Realistically, the Dolphins are quite beatable, but out of all of the remaining games I think that will be the loss. In every other game I think Dallas will have more than a puncher's chance of winning.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Don’t know why were doing all these theatrics when that 5th seed is basically locked. The things that would have to ensue for us to gain the 1st, or even the 2nd seed would have to result in a complete collapse from Philly and SF.
No. All it would take is for both of them to lose to Seattle. And Cowboys win out.

Not out of the realm.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score

Niners play the Ravens that could easily be a loss