NFC Predictions...

jrumann59

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Your wrong on this one. The truth is that all of the Eagles' best players are in their 30's or will be in their 30's when the season kicks off. Their draft classes have been weak year after year.

This is the same recipe that the Cowboys followed through 95, 96, and 97 and led to their inevitable decline and three straight 5-11 seasons. Combine that with the lack of activity in free agency, and I almost think that the Eagles are preparing for a rebuilding era (Mark Eckel of the Trenton Times feels the same).

I'd put the over-under on wins for the Eagles this year at 7.

The Eagles have had much better drafts under current ownership then we did when we had Gailey and Camps around. Plus one other thing they are not in cap hell either so they can get better more quickly thru FA and keeping up with developing younger talent. Their problem is they are trying to copy NE but do not keep key players as needed and let players go without properly developed replacements.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Carolina hinges on Foster and he is as fragile as Davis so if he goes down for a long peroid they will be in a dog fight for the division. Seattle is in a weak division so unless Arizona pulls a rabbit out of their *** then it is Seattle in a cake walk though I am not high on Hasselback, I see him as a more talented Dilfer but along the lines of Delhomme more overrated then anything. Dallas has to be able to run and protect Bledsoe or it won't matter if he had TO or Key. The Commanders are strong only weakness I see is depth especially there OT if one of those guys go down I can see brunell getting old very quickly, if brunell goes down I hope JC can run for his life. Also I can see portis getting rundown a little more because he is relied upon so much, I see him suffering from the emmit syndrome of 400 plus carries and his frame is not built like smith's. Also the Commanders do have a nice stable of receivers even though they are all #2 receivers, please see how that worked out with Dallas the last 4+ years. Giants have too many holes in their secondary so unless they can get 2 10-12 sack guys on the DL plus a 5-8 sack LB they are going to be in trouble, their WR are good but they have nothing past Toomer and Burress, Shockey is inconsistent at best, I see barber taking a step back because of all the punishment he takes in his role as an all purpose back. The Beagles have a huge question mark at receiver and RB, they may have something in young talent it is too early to tell if they have #1 in the wings of another #2, Westbrook is in the same boat as Julius, can he stay healthy and who do they have to spell him effectively. NFC North will be the worst division percentage wise because the winner will be 10-6 or 9-7 there is no team head or shoulders above anyone in that division.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Here I the teams I see as contenders:

Giants, Skins, Cowboys, Seahawks, Panthers, Bucs, Cardinals, Vikings, Bears

Teams that are able to hold court at home within the division, and take 1-2 divisional road games will win their division. The team that doesn't blow games they are suppossed to win against lesser teams will be the one that gets both their division and the first round bye.

Then of course theres the injury factor...but championship teams can overcome injuries. Pittsburgh had a rough stretch with injuries last year, but came together come championship time. Same goes for the Patriots.

Last year, the Commanders and Cowboys in particular blew many games they could/should have won. The Cowboys blew games against the Commanders (first game), Raiders, and Seahawks. The Commanders squandered 4th quarter leads against the Bucs, Raiders, and Chargers in successive weeks.

Championship teams don't do this. Seattle didn't lose any games to teams they shouldn't have, and went 8-0 last year at home. That's why they made the Super Bowl, even though Commanders, Giants, and Cowboys fans know their teams can play with these guys.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
You're no idiot BB! You have your opinions that are based on assessments and compilation of information that your accrue from media, and Other sources. That's understandable.

While I can't speak about Seattle, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Chicago , Minnesota, Dallas, Washington, and NYG, with any great authority ...but the Eagles ...

Phoenix-Talon said:
Lost ground - Believe there's truth is this component of your opinion. But the "lost ground" you refer to was attributed to a certain Mr. Owens; coupled with multiple injuries in key players. Admittedly, our OL and other positions needed tweaking -- a problem that has, at least for the most part, been resolved.

Well if the argument holds true with TO coming to Dallas and making them better, it also holds true with making your team worse when he left. It's no denying that it was a better team before he stopped playing for you guys.

Reggie Brown is not even on the same level, and like any rookie WR, he looked lost last year.

Westbrook, as effective he was last year is not a between the tackles, 20+ carry back. He never was, and he never will be. You guys are relying on Correl Buckhalter to carry the load, and he hasn't been healthy for years. Reid is becoming stubborn in his drafting of RB's. Moats was a good addition, but you guys need a big back, and what does he do, gets another in the Bryan Westbrook mold.

Your defense wasn't the same without Simon last year, and it showed. Sometimes your organization being so cheap only hurts you, and it's starting to catch up. At some point you can't let all of your good players go because it's going to cost you. You dont hit on every draft pick, but it seems Philly has gotten arrogant enough to think that they do this now.

I agree that Philly had some bad luck with injuries, but how bad were the injuries when you came into Texas Stadium and got your *** handed to you early on in the season. If you really think a few guys coming back here and there, and the little bit you guys did on OL will close hte gap that was blwon up last year, you are mistaken. NY, Washington, Dallas, all got substantially better this off season. Philly is sitting there hoping a buch of 30 somethings will come back and be better than ever.(you can say what you want about Bledsoe Glenn and Owens, the rest of our team is young).

Phoenix-Talon said:
NFC East cought up - That's actually a good thing for the NFCE. We're more dreaded among the other divisions and the AFC Conference; and the rest of the NFL in general. That said, the Eagles have made strides toward improving as well -- don't underestimate the Eagles based on their 2005 performance.

It may be good for the NFCE, but it isnt good for the Eagles. Half the reason the Eagles were able to have so much success over the last few years has to do with the ease of the division. When you're guaranteed 4-6 wins just in your diviision, that helps you out alot. Now that you are going to be hard pressed to win 3, you're going to have a real tough time.

Phoenix-Talon said:
Sometimes I don't know where you're coming from BB! I mean really ..."Many people are predicting..." (many people = the media); "McNabb is great; but he has to stay healthy..." (are you joking here? That's true for every QB, and every player in the entire NFL, AFL, and NFL in Europe). By that, I mean you really haven't said anything that doesn't hold true to everyone.

I agree that I made a captain obvious statement right htere. But come on, you can't accuse me of getting my info from the media, and then turn around and point out I am going completetly against what they are saying. Yeh he needs to stay healthy. But he was nagged all of last year.

Your statement is both profiund and honorable as an opponent fan. But in reality ...you, my friend, are in for a rude awakening if you honestly believe that!

Yeh, I bet some of them will pan out. But you guys had some holes to fill last year (Corey Simon) and none of your rookies stepped in, whereas teams like NY Washington and Dallas all had solid contributiosn from rookies.

Truth be told, I believe that the Eagles are much stronger than the paper you're reading off of implies. I'm not prepared to go player for player to qualify what I'm saying, but you must not discount the Eagles in your assessment of tough ...as it applies to the NFCE. You can't always get a good picture of outcomes by looking at the radar screen, or listening to rumors.

I dont listen to rumors. This is my own oppinion. And my oppinion has nothing to do with last year, last year only helps show that Philly isn't the best team in the NFC East anymore.

It wasn't a personal assault on you, just the fact that somebody has to finnish last in the division, and based on last year, the offseason moves of all the teams in the division, Philly looks the most likely to finnish 4th.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
CAR will have Kris Jenkins coming back this year after he missed 15 games last year. He and Peppers, Rucker, and new DT Kemeoatu might be the best starting 4 DL in the league while DE Al Wallace and FA DT pickup Damione Lewis are great rotational guys. Their secondary and LB corps both look good. CAR's D looks awesome on paper at least.

H8SKINS

Reaction score
I am confused when Keyshawn was in Dallas I heard he is done we need to upgrade at receiver and on and on. Keyshawn goes to Carolina and makes them superbowl contenders. Foster is definitely not a number 1 RB.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
H8SKINS said:
I am confused when Keyshawn was in Dallas I heard he is done we need to upgrade at receiver and on and on. Keyshawn goes to Carolina and makes them superbowl contenders. Foster is definitely not a number 1 RB.

Superbowl is a 1 year thing, the reason people said key was done was because he is old and doesnt have much gas left in the tank. he is a solid WR as he proved last year with his 71 catches and proving to be a primary target on 3rd and in the RZ, put him as the 2nd WR opposite of S. Smith, and you got a pretty damn good Corpse. Foster proved to be a pretty damn good back last year, IMO atleast. he ended the season fairly strong, but everyone is questioning his durability and wondering if he is a 20+ carry back for 16 games. Key is one of the best #2 reciever in the NFL and Foster, if he can carry the load for 16 games, is definately an above average back.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
H8SKINS said:

I think everyone liked Keyshawn and what he brought to the table. He gave us 65+ catch seasons with close to 1000 yards. No one felt he was done, but the idea of Glenn and Key at WR both up there in age scared people. And as good as Glenn was, we didn't have a game changing WR. Crayton is very solid at #3, but he doesn't have the speed to stretch the D. TO plays alot younger than he is, and his work ethic is up ther.

In Dallas Terry and Key were essentially both #2's. In Carolina Key is a #2 and Smith is the lead guy. Look at Carolina's WR corps last year, they didnt' have anyone besides Smith. Now they added a big, chain moving guy, who put up 71 catches. Ricky Proehl was the WR who had the 2nd most catches (25 i think), they just added 50 catches to the roster. Key will be kind of like their Muhammad. A go to, safety valve type guy for Delhomme. He will have a good year just because of hte attention that Smith garners. No offense to GLenn, I think he's good, and teams take him away before they target Key, but he is no Steve Smith.

Dont get it twisted, Keyshawn can still get it done.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I think everyone liked Keyshawn and what he brought to the table. He gave us 65+ catch seasons with close to 1000 yards. No one felt he was done, but the idea of Glenn and Key at WR both up there in age scared people. And as good as Glenn was, we didn't have a game changing WR. Crayton is very solid at #3, but he doesn't have the speed to stretch the D. TO plays alot younger than he is, and his work ethic is up ther.

In Dallas Terry and Key were essentially both #2's. In Carolina Key is a #2 and Smith is the lead guy. Look at Carolina's WR corps last year, they didnt' have anyone besides Smith. Now they added a big, chain moving guy, who put up 71 catches. Ricky Proehl was the WR who had the 2nd most catches (25 i think), they just added 50 catches to the roster. Key will be kind of like their Muhammad. A go to, safety valve type guy for Delhomme. He will have a good year just because of hte attention that Smith garners. No offense to GLenn, I think he's good, and teams take him away before they target Key, but he is no Steve Smith.

Dont get it twisted, Keyshawn can still get it done.

I agree

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks...[B said:
I dont listen to rumors. This is my own oppinion. And my oppinion has nothing to do with last year[/B], ...and based on last year, the offseason moves of all the teams in the division, Philly looks the most likely to finnish 4th.

Last year your team came in 3rd in the division; but that means nothing!:rolleyes:

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
NFC North. Minn will make noise, but Chicago has the D and a very good running game.
NFC West: Seattle
NFC SOuth: Carolina
NFC East: Cowboys
WC: Pickem between Skins, Giants, Bucs. any 2 of those 3.

So no one is giving Az. any chance?:laugh1:

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
DC Cowboy said:
So no one is giving Az. any chance?:laugh1:

AZ isnt to great on D. and who is going to throw to Boldin and Fitzgerald? dont think that the EDGE is really going to turn them from a CRAPPY team into a contender for that division.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Arizona will be better, but they should've kept Mccown over Warner. Seattle still breezes threw that division.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
While it is easy to say we'll have an excuse every year but... people SHOULD know that

a) we beat or almost beat all of these teams last year (the denvers, carolinas, and the seattles)

b) we did it without an offensive line to speak of

c) we lost julius jones for 4 games

d) we had no kicking game, which cost us at least two games (now we have the most accurate kicker in nfl history)

e) we have added terrell owens

f) this is the 2nd year we're playing in the 3-4 defense (last year was our first), we also have 3 or 4 rookies who may very well be huge next year. Canty, Spears, Ware, and maybe even Burnett.

dynasty_in_88

Reaction score
Did anybody forget that we were only one offensive linemen from being a threat in the playoffs last year.....Now we have improved on our line in the offseason.....T.O......and there's the draft......Wake up people

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
We got a lot better. Sadly, the OL is still a big IF. Flozell makes us alot better. We'll see with Kosier, I honetsly don't know alot about the guy.
Fabini helps out RT alot. If Rivera can come back to full strength, that helps alot too.

I expect the D to be alot better, and the Offense should be more explosive. You ask me, that makes you better.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
We got a lot better. Sadly, the OL is still a big IF. Flozell makes us alot better. We'll see with Kosier, I honetsly don't know alot about the guy.
Fabini helps out RT alot. If Rivera can come back to full strength, that helps alot too.

I expect the D to be alot better, and the Offense should be more explosive. You ask me, that makes you better.

exactly, are we really "improved" at O-line? yes, we have more depth and we have gotten a bit younger replacing allen with Kosier and adding Fabini who is 29 i think. but Detroit says kosier is below average, as for Fabini - parcells likes him so i mean, we will see. the thing our line has is field presence, none of our additions have had severe injuries in their careers and we will see how good they are "talentwise"

Galian Beast said:
While it is easy to say we'll have an excuse every year but... people SHOULD know that

a) we beat or almost beat all of these teams last year (the denvers, carolinas, and the seattles)

b) we did it without an offensive line to speak of

c) we lost julius jones for 4 games

d) we had no kicking game, which cost us at least two games (now we have the most accurate kicker in nfl history)

e) we have added terrell owens

f) this is the 2nd year we're playing in the 3-4 defense (last year was our first), we also have 3 or 4 rookies who may very well be huge next year. Canty, Spears, Ware, and maybe even Burnett.

This is all true, but our schedule is also much harder than last years.

phoenix talon said:
Last year your team came in 3rd in the division; but that means nothing!:rolleyes:

if you watched any of our games you might realize we lost a few due to certain "holes" in our line up (kicker) - this is a need thatt we have filled this off-season. we had, i believe, the youngest avg. age for a starting line-up and have made a lot of other off-season acquisitions. Records/Stats do not show all to much, our team is filled with talent and is definately better than they were last year. 3rd in the division is bad, but still we were plagued with injury, young and had many holes which have been filled.