NFL and Peacock Really Shafted Miami and KC fans

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The NFL really shafted Miami and KC fans with a greedy money deal with Peacock. There's a lot of people who would love to watch their favorite playoff team but can't because of a greedy NFL deal to shut them out. I don't blame Peacock, I blame the NFL! That was a stupid deal that punishes people who rely on normal broadcasting to watch the NFL playoffs and now they'll be shut out of a good game, and possibly their favorite team.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
The NFL really shafted Miami and KC fans with a greedy money deal with Peacock. There's a lot of people who would love to watch their favorite playoff team but can't because of a greedy NFL deal to shut them out. I don't blame Peacock, I blame the NFL! That was a stupid deal that punishes people who rely on normal broadcasting to watch the NFL playoffs and now they'll be shut out of a good game, and possibly their favorite team.
They sure did. Im just glad the Cowboys game wasn't the one chosen to be on Sat night, or else all of us Cowboy fans who don't live in Dallas would be the ones getting shafted.
Now if we could just somehow get a game with announcers other than the insufferable Olson and that other guy. It seems like they have become the official announcers for the Cowboys. We get them every week now and it seems like its been every week for months and months now.
When Aubrey has a field goal attempt Sun, Olson and the other guy need to just shut up. Tell us how long of a kick it is, then SILENCE.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Folks in Miami and KC will be able to watch the game locally. The rest of us will have to subscribe to Peacock.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They sure did. Im just glad the Cowboys game wasn't the one chosen to be on Sat night, or else all of us Cowboy fans who don't live in Dallas would be the ones getting shafted.
Now if we could just somehow get a game with announcers other than the insufferable Olson and that other guy. It seems like they have become the official announcers for the Cowboys. We get them every week now and it seems like its been every week for months and months now.
When Aubrey has a field goal attempt Sun, Olson and the other guy need to just shut up. Tell us how long of a kick it is, then SILENCE.
If they get by with it, the next time it just might be Cowboy fans getting the shaft.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is nothing. There was a time that games weren't aired at all if you were fans of the home team. In order to see the game, you had to go in person. But fans of the away team got to watch it. In other words, everyone but the home team fans got to watch the game. Including playoffs.

If the NFL sees more money in doing it this way, they'll do it this way.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yea, I can pretty much bet that next year they'll have another playoff game that'll be exclusively on a streaming service

visionary

Reaction score
This is nothing. There was a time that games weren't aired at all if you were fans of the home team. In order to see the game, you had to go in person. But fans of the away team got to watch it. In other words, everyone but the home team fans got to watch the game. Including playoffs.

If the NFL sees more money in doing it this way, they'll do it this way.
Ok, there was such a time? I think you just blew my mind

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Absolutely no way the Cowboys game will ever be put on these streaming only sites, at least not yet. The NFL knows Dallas games are their bread/butter for ratings. Miami has an almost nonexistent fanbase outside of their small area in South Beach and even at that, they aren't that passionate about them. I don't know how these deals are ironed out and if Peacock has any input about which game they want. But no way they are going to get Dallas/Green Bay over Fox.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok, there was such a time? I think you just blew my mind
Yeah, they actually did this. So you got 60,000 fans to watch the game, but no one else could.

Then they went to..........If the game sells out 72 hours before the coin toss, they'll air it. But if it sold out 24 hours before game start, you still wouldn't be able to watch the game. They couldn't care less about the fans. Nothing has changed. They still don't care. They only air the games because they are now getting money from TV deals.

visionary

Reaction score
Yeah, they actually did this. So you got 60,000 fans to watch the game, but no one else could.

Then they went to..........If the game sells out 72 hours before the coin toss, they'll air it. But if it sold out 24 hours before game start, you still wouldn't be able to watch the game. They couldn't care less about the fans. Nothing has changed. They still don't care. They only air the games because they are now getting money from TV deals.
I know buddy, that was just a joke