NFL Authorizes In-Game Use of Guardian Caps on Players' Helmets for 2024 Season

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...aps-wear-games-concussion-safety/73468055007/

It's going to be strange watching games with players wearing these.

hxuh33egivjf1ptnjrbk.jpg

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It looks silly, but if what the NFL and others are saying, it does reduce the risk of head injury significantly.

Though, I have to wonder, is there no way to make this where it's already inside the helmet or does it HAVE to be on the outside directly where contact is met? I guess then it would have to be thinner which might defeat the purpose.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Nothing says "look, I'm a sissy" like wearing this contraption on SNF, MNF, Turkey Day, Christmas, 1pm and 4pm on Sundays.
They get fined for socks, cleats, etc. but this is acceptable...smh. TV networks will squash this, I hope.

John813

Reaction score
Here's a contraption that should help with brain injuries and hopefully keep hard hits in the league

BOOOO WHERE MUH NFL GONE? I'M DONE. I WANT MY PLAYERS GETTING CTE LIKE REAL MEN.
REAL MEN LIKE SEAU, THOMAS, ADRIAN ROBINSON, ANDRE WATERS AND OTHERS WHO DIED YOUNG WITH CTE WERE NATIONAL HEROS
PINKO COMMY HELMETS. LIBRHULE AGENDA NEW WORLD ORDER!!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Here's a contraption that should help with brain injuries and hopefully keep hard hits in the league

BOOOO WHERE MUH NFL GONE? I'M DONE. I WANT MY PLAYERS GETTING CTE LIKE REAL MEN.
REAL MEN LIKE SEAU, THOMAS, ADRIAN ROBINSON, ANDRE WATERS AND OTHERS WHO DIED YOUNG WITH CTE WERE NATIONAL HEROS
PINKO COMMY HELMETS. LIBRHULE AGENDA NEW WORLD ORDER!!
if theyre not racked with brain injuries so bad they want to kill themselves, I'll just switch to the NBA

erod

Reaction score
I agree, if I cant see these guys get severe brain damage, I dont want to watch
Ok, then they should be on all players all the time then, right?

Let's just dress them all like the Michelin Man.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
All you tough guys should be calling for them to go back to these

cover_a873e649-f699-4163-bc34-010d37819bca_1200x1200.jpg

You sound just like the morons who hated going to modern day helmets.

erod

Reaction score
if that proves to improve long term health, im guessing you would be against it?
So you're for flag football then. In fact, you're for deciding these games on Madden so we're not risking any injuries whatsoever. That will certainly improve long-term health.

Football isn't a game for you.

This move by the league is pushing off the inevitable, when your ilk is successful at making toxic tackle football illegal altogether.

RoboQB

Reaction score
With all the rule changes on tackling, a head injury is practically non-existent. How many concussions were reported in the last 3 years? They stop games and pull players who appear to be "wobbly" after a play.
It's stupid and an overreaction.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
So you're for flag football then. In fact, you're for deciding these games on Madden so we're not risking any injuries whatsoever. That will certainly improve long-term health.

Football isn't a game for you.

This move by the league is pushing off the inevitable, when your ilk is successful at making toxic tackle football illegal altogether.

What do you mean by “your ilk”?

Nobody is trying to outlaw tackle football. Are you some sort of conspiracy theorist?

Flamma

Reaction score
All you tough guys should be calling for them to go back to these

cover_a873e649-f699-4163-bc34-010d37819bca_1200x1200.jpg

You sound just like the morons who hated going to modern day helmets.
Actually the modern day helmet encourages harder hitting. If you've played organized football and sandlot football, you know the difference. You play way less aggressive without a helmet.

Flamma

Reaction score
if that proves to improve long term health, im guessing you would be against it?
I would be against it. I'm all for going back to the old kickoff. I'm for what improves the game, not player health. What do I care about that? These guys are paid millions, they're not prisoners. No one has to play.