NFL | Bradshaw won't take over as host

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:40:51 -0700

The Austin American-Statesman reports when James Brown left FOX for CBS, there was speculation that Terry Bradshaw might slip over to the host's chair on "Fox NFL Sunday," but it doesn't appear as though that is going to happen. Ed Goren, Fox Sports president and executive producer, told Sirius Satellite Radio: "I love Terry. He is the old straw that stirs the drink. But there isn't enough alcohol in Los Angeles for me to consume if I had to produce a show with Terry being the bandleader."

:laugh2:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

The Austin American-Statesman reports when James Brown left FOX for CBS, there was speculation that Terry Bradshaw might slip over to the host's chair on "Fox NFL Sunday," but it doesn't appear as though that is going to happen. Ed Goren, Fox Sports president and executive producer, told Sirius Satellite Radio: "I love Terry. He is the old straw that stirs the drink. But there isn't enough alcohol in Los Angeles for me to consume if I had to produce a show with Terry being the bandleader."

best news i've heard all year.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

:lmao: And thats the truth too.

Wonder who they will sign on to be the Host though?

cujo

Reaction score
It would be even better if they would just get rid of him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Jim Nance was doing a nice job as CBS' lead guy until they moved him to CBS' #1 announce team. I feel he's a better "studio" guy and would be a nice fit with Fox if they could pry him away from CBS.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I've always wondered if Terry was the behind the scenes tutor for Vince Young for the wonderlic exam...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
cujo said:
It would be even better if they would just get rid of him.

He is no Football Analyst I would really listen to, but he is very funny and entertaining guy without being over the top like Dieon Sanders. I never like his opinion or analysis, since he barely is ever right but he does make the show really lively.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
I thought Jim Nance was doing a nice job as CBS' lead guy until they moved him to CBS' #1 announce team. I feel he's a better "studio" guy and would be a nice fit with Fox if they could pry him away from CBS.

If FOX got the Masters - Nance would be there in a minute.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jim nantz ia a wonderful broadcaster...

very easy on the ears.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I love listening to Terry Bradshaw....he is a character to say the least.

royhitshard

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I love listening to Terry Bradshaw....he is a character to say the least.
I couldn't agree more. I enjoy listening to him....very entertaining.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Nance is such a bland personality he'd be eaten alive by the others. JB knew how to keep them in control.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
yeah, all he had to do was continually point at Terry's baldspot when he got out of line :D
Or smack him on the head like they did the little old man on Benny Hill *cue the yakkity yak sax music*

ravidubey

Reaction score
royhitshard said:
I couldn't agree more. I enjoy listening to him....very entertaining.
He's hilarious and can at least talk football. James Brown offered 0 in that department. Howie Long is the best analyst on that show with Jimmy adding nice insight from time to time.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I also think Bradshaw is a blast...he's even better when he calls into the Imus Show...

But...as a host?

I just couldn't see it.

He'd have to be too straight...the network would lose a good host and also a funny Bradshaw.