NFL celebrates 100th season

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is going to be a year long celebration. It begins with the Draft and as I mentioned earlier opening game in Chicago but the events surrounding it year long is going to be festive.

My family has been a part of its history long before the Cowboys had a team. My father who was in the Naval officer school after graduating college attended several games in Baltimore watching the Unitas led Colts in the 50’s. My father said I watched with him on TV what’s considered the “ greatest game “ ever played. The 57 NFL championship game which is credited for bringing national attention to the league spurring TV broadcast.

And his father watched Sammy Baugh play in late 30’s while in Washington. My uncle was originally recruited by Bear Bryant in college and then offered a contract with Vince Lombardi with the Packers in 1962. I could have easily became a Packer fan . My father was a Colt fan before Murchison brought Dallas a team.

Sammy Baugh of course grew up where my grandfather farmed and our family is from. Sammy attending TCU influenced my uncle to attend there after Bear bolted to Alabama. Unitas was one of my favorite players growing up. I had an early influence with football from my family which instilled a tremendous following all of my life.

This will be a special year as NFL Network and ESPN will both air a series of programs commerating the leagues 100 years of history.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-year-anniversary-with-year-long-celebration/

Last edited: