NFL | Chiefs vs. Dolphins Rescheduled

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
This is breaking news for anyone with a FF team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8986609

(Oct. 20, 2005) -- The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins, originally scheduled to be played in Miami on Sunday, Oct. 23, has been rescheduled for Friday, Oct. 21, with a scheduled kickoff of 7 p.m. ET in Miami.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
NFL | Chiefs vs. Dolphins Rescheduled
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:10:26 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced their game against the Miami Dolphins has been moved from Sunday, Oct. 23, to Friday, Oct. 21. The game will be played at 7:00 p.m. ET Friday due to the deteriorating weather conditions occurring from Hurricane Wilma. It will be broadcast in Kansas City on KCTV-5

Hiero

Reaction score
wow nice, something to watch friday, is it going to be shown nationally?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hiero said:
wow nice, something to watch friday, is it going to be shown nationally?

Thats a good question. Last year or the year before a game was moved to Saturday but it was blacked out. I gotta look into that.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
From what I recall, it is covered by the Sunday ticket. One problem though....because it's the "Sunday" ticket. The game will not be shown nationally until Sunday. Everyone will get to see the game in real time, but not it's origainally scheduled time.

My guess is that only the Miami and KC markets will get to see these games on Friday.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
This is breaking news for anyone with a FF team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8986609

(Oct. 20, 2005) -- The game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins, originally scheduled to be played in Miami on Sunday, Oct. 23, has been rescheduled for Friday, Oct. 21, with a scheduled kickoff of 7 p.m. ET in Miami.

Whooohooo ... NFL on Friday. Is it TVised?

TheHustler

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
From what I recall, it is covered by the Sunday ticket. One problem though....because it's the "Sunday" ticket. The game will not be shown nationally until Sunday. Everyone will get to see the game in real time, but not it's origainally scheduled time.

My guess is that only the Miami and KC markets will get to see these games on Friday.

Wow. That would be silly.

texastwister

Reaction score
I hope not. I pay $200 dollars to watch the games. I want to watch the games live not tape delayed.

PS I have Holmes in fantasy football.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:

Football on Friday would have been awesome.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
That's why it's called the "SUNDAY" ticket my friends.

I'll be shocked if we get to see it on Friday.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
That's why it's called the "SUNDAY" ticket my friends.

I'll be shocked if we get to see it on Friday.

Same thing happened either last year or the previous year. Think it was a Jags game.

The game was delayed. And it sucked because everyone already knew the outcome.

Hiero

Reaction score
so i assume then this game wont be shown on normal television? they should show it nationally, only game on at the time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Why don't they just move the game to Kanas City, but call it a home game for the Dolphins? The NFL has proven that works. :rolleyes:

TheHustler

Reaction score
NFL moves Chiefs Dolphins to Friday night because of hurricane
October 20, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- The game between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs was rescheduled to Friday night to beat Hurricane Wilma's arrival in Florida.

The game will begin at 7 p.m. Friday instead of Sunday afternoon, which is about when Wilma is expected to hit Florida's southwestern coast.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said broadcast and television details were being worked out.

It's the third time since the start of the 2004 season that the Dolphins have rescheduled a home game because of a looming hurricane. Last year's home opener against Tennessee was played a day early because of Hurricane Ivan, and the Dolphins' Week 3 game with Pittsburgh was pushed back 7 1/2 hours by Hurricane Jeanne.

Maybe it will be on TV....

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
*Confirmed*

This will be shown it's regular scheduled time. Per direct TV.

Is this yes it will shown live on DirecTV Friday or is it no show on Friday? :confused:

k19

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Why don't they just move the game to Kanas City, but call it a home game for the Dolphins? The NFL has proven that works. :rolleyes:

:lmao2:

I think they only do that for the Gints

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Is this yes it will shown live on DirecTV Friday or is it no show on Friday? :confused:

No game Friday...unless you live in the markets. Will be on the Sunday Ticket......on Sunday at the original time.

texastwister

Reaction score
I dont believe they wont show it because they got alot of bad calls and emails last year with the Miami game. I dont believe they are that dumb and do it 2 years in a row :bang2: