NFL.COM The worst mock draft ever

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815d58ce&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

It makes no sense, at all.

Top 10 are all linemen ***?

First-round mock draft
Team
Player
Pos.
College
Comment
1. Rams
Ndamukong Suh
DT
Nebraska
Uncertainty at the quarterback position will force the Rams to consider Sam Bradford, but Suh is too talented to pass up.
2. Lions
Russell Okung
OT
Oklahoma St.
The Lions desperately need a franchise-caliber offensive tackle to protect Matthew Stafford's blindside.
3. Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy*
DT
Oklahoma
The Bucs haven't had a dominating interior player since Warren Sapp manned the middle.
4. Commanders
Trent Williams
OT
Oklahoma
Chris Samuels' injury makes acquiring a top tackle a priority, and Williams' ability to play on either side makes him an intriguing prospect.
5. Chiefs
Derrick Morgan*
DE/LB
Georgia Tech
A legitimate pass rusher on the edge would greatly improve a pass rush that ranked 31st in the league with just 22 sacks.
6. Seahawks
Carlos Dunlap*
DE
Florida
Pete Carroll's defensive background will compel him to grab an explosive edge rusher to lead the Seahawks' resurgence.
7. Browns
Anthony Davis*
OT
Rutgers
Mike Holmgren immediately looks to upgrade the team's offense by nabbing an athletic tackle to pair with Pro Bowler Joe Thomas.
8. Raiders
Jason Pierre-Paul*
DE
South Fla.
Al Davis' infatuation with speed and athleticism makes Pierre-Paul the ideal choice for the Silver and Black.
9. Bills
Bruce Campbell*
OT
Maryland
The Bills are in desperate need of a franchise QB, but their offensive line woes would make it tough for any signal-caller to survive or thrive in the pocket.
10. Jaguars
Brian Price*
DT
UCLA
Jack Del Rio needs a bed rock in the middle to help his defense return to the ranks of the elite.
11. Broncos
Rolando McClain*
LB
Alabama
A rugged interior defender in the center of the Broncos' 3-4 would allow D.J. Williams to act as a playmaker.
12. Dolphins
Sergio Kindle
LB
Texas
Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are at the end of their careers, so finding an athletic edge rusher is paramount.
13. 49ers
Eric Berry
S
Tennessee
The 49ers' emerging defense needs a ball hawk like Berry in the middle of the field to ascend to the next level.
14. Seahawks
Charles Brown
OT
USC
A QB like Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford would be intriguing choices here, but Seattle's injuries along the O-line will makes Pete Carroll's former player a safe pick.
15. Giants
Brandon Spikes
LB
Florida
The loss of Antonio Pierce robbed the Giants of a leader in the middle, and contributed to the defense's woeful finish.
16. 49ers
Joe Haden*
CB
Florida
Mike Singletary fortifies the defense by adding another playmaker to the secondary.
17. Titans
Everson Griffen*
DE
USC
The Titans must replace aging pieces on the edge (Javon Kearse and Kyle Vanden Bosch), and Griffen flashes the potential to be a double-digit sack artist.
18. Steelers
Patrick Robinson
CB
Florida St.
The Steelers' suspect secondary repeatedly cost them down the stretch, so Mike Tomlin shores up one side of the field.
19. Falcons
Navorro Bowman*
LB
Penn St.
Mike Smith needs a playmaker at the weakside linebacker spot, and Bowman's athleticism fits the bill.
20. Texans
Earl Thomas*
S
Texas
The former Longhorn would give the Texans' secondary a serious jolt with his speed and range in the middle.
21. Bengals
Dez Bryant*
WR
Oklahoma St.
Marvin Lewis would love to add a talent like Bryant to his offense to alleviate the pressure on Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco.
22. Patriots
Ricky Sapp
LB
Clemson
Sapp's presence should bolster a pass rush that was virtually non-existent this season.
23. Packers
Jahvid Best*
RB
California
The best runner in the draft falls into Packers' lap, and his talent is too enticing for Mike McCarthy to bypass despite a pressing need at tackle.
24. Eagles
Taylor Mays
S
USC
Andy Reid underestimated the impact of losing Brian Dawkins in the back end, so he nabs Mays to become the new anchor of the secondary.
25. Ravens
Arrelious Benn*
WR
Illinois
The Ravens' passing game needs a playmaker to help Joe Flacco continue his development as the franchise quarterback.
26. Cardinals
Sam Bradford
QB
Oklahoma
Ken Whisenhunt opts for Bradford over Matt Leinart as Kurt Warner's eventual replacement.
27. Cowboys
Bryan Bulaga*
OT
Iowa
Flozell Adams' declining skills make it necessary for Jerry Jones to find a replacement at left tackle.
28. Chargers
C.J. Spiller
RB
Clemson
The Chargers officially announce the end of the L.T era with the arrival of the ultra-explosive Spiller.
29. Jets
Damian Williams*
WR
USC
Rex Ryan hopes that Williams quickly renews his chemistry with Mark Sanchez to give the Jets a lethal passing combination.
30. Vikings
Terrence Cody
DT
Alabama
The Vikings add Cody to their defensive line rotation as a possible replacement for 37-year-old Pat Williams.
31. Saints
Selvish Capers
OT
West Virginia
The Saints would love to upgrade their linebacker corps with a talented playmaker, but Capers fills a pressing need along the offensive line.
32. Colts
Jared Odrick
DT
Penn State
The hardworking Odrick is an ideal fit as an interior player in the Colts' scheme, and his presence will help shore up the team's woes against the run.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I don't see it falling like that but one could make an argument that it would fit a need for each team he has listed in the top 10.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I would love to see Berry drop to 13. I'd trade a few first rounders or whatever is needed to grab him.

I'm not sure why you think this draft is unrealistic.

Like BP said, there could be a case for these players fitting these teams. You know Oakland is due for a **** up and reach.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3245547 said:
It just has to many people that are top 10 projected falling to far

The draft is unpredictable.

i wouldn't be shocked if the top ten actually went that way. Those players make sense for those teams. Plus the combine hasn't even started..injuries..etc..

The Natural

Reaction score
I hope Jerry takes Taylor Mays

but yea..pretty bad mock. there's no way the Niners get Eric Berry & Joe Haden

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;3245574 said:
I hope Jerry takes Taylor Mays

but yea..pretty bad mock. there's no way the Niners get Eric Berry & Joe Haden

http://i21.***BLOCKED***/albums/b285/iveyman21/Worf_notagain.gif

The Realist;3245578 said:
This draft is weak.

http://i21.***BLOCKED***/albums/b285/iveyman21/fgf-1.jpg

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3245585 said:
http://i21.***BLOCKED***/albums/b285/iveyman21/Worf_notagain.gif

http://i21.***BLOCKED***/albums/b285/iveyman21/fgf-1.jpg

X200:bang2:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I could live with Bulaga - Berry would have to have a very poor combine to fall into the teens.

dmoore

Reaction score
This draft is loaded with D-Line talent, and LT quality tackles go high. It's possible. More likely, someone trades up for a guy like Berry. I know it's not a huge need, but I think a D-lineman may be the best player available when we pick and I wouldn't be upset if we got one of the good ones.