NFL Combine: Baylor’s Walton a primary source

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
NFL Combine: Baylor’s Walton a primary source
Posted by berrytramelon February 25, 2010M at 11:42 am Baylor center J.D. Walton is projected as a third-round draft pick. He has a unique perspective on the 2010 draft, since he blocked against both OU’s G.K. McCoy and Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh, the defensive tackles most analysts figure will go 1-2 or 2-1 in the draft.
http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2010/02/25/nfl-combine-baylors-walton-a-primary-source/

Of McCoy, Walton said, “He’s a great player. Big, athletic guy. Suh, same thing. Big guy, big frame. I see ‘em about the same.”

Walton said he played “pretty well” against both behemoths: “Those are the games I tell everyone to look at. The conference I played in was pretty good. Great d-tackles every week. I feel well-prepared.”

Walton went to Arizona State out of Allen (Texas) High School but transferred to Baylor to get closer to home. It was a good experience for him. He was teammates with Jason Smith, the offensive tackle who was picked No. 2 overall in 2009 (by the Rams). Smith told him to “just go with the flow and do what everyone says” at the combine, Walton said. And Walton met Baylor legend Mike Singletary, now the coach of the San Francisco 49ers. “I met him a bunch when he came down to games,” Walton said. “Good guy. It would be an honor to play for him.”

Berry Tramel can be heard Monday through Friday from 4:40-5:20 p.m. on The Sports Animal radio network, including AM-640 and FM-98.1. You can e-mail him here and follow him on Twitter @BerryTramel.