NFL Combine Thread

rambo2

Reaction score
So is everyone onboard here NOT drafting Bijan at 26 if he is there?
You would be getting one of the best players in the draft at 26. Of course you would take him. The Eagles might take him at 10.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'd probably have another Zeke situation. 4 or 5 years of being worth the pick. Then odds are probably not.

More palatable at 26 though.

JBS

Reaction score
No… If he’s there at 26, I likely would take him unless there is a guy that I love sitting there as well.

He is that much better than all of the other backs, IMO.
I’m taking him too. Very unlikely a player I have rated higher than bijan will also be available

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robinson won't be there at 26. The RB bias might drop him out of the top 10 but not the top 25.

And I'd bet my money on the Cowboys passing even if he was. Because they just franchised Pollard and restructured Zeke's contract the month before.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love this guy. He plays HARD and produces. Can't wait to see what he runs.
I missed what he ended u running but with him, even if he ran a bad time, I don't care. He is just a really great ball player with heart and grit. His instincts as a finisher can't be measured. His best trait might be tackling. Might be the best form tackler in the draft. Something that many don't d these days.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bresee with a pair of 4.93s at a cheeseburger under 300 lbs. That's pretty darn good, but his draft stock was depending on freakazoid workout numbers.Bryan Broaddus and others don't like him but all the dude does is stuff the run and is disruptive in the pass game from the DT position. Hard to move. Its not very sexy but this guy at 26 wouldn't be a fan fave but I wouldn't be mad at all.If we can Resign Hankins and air him with this guy, we have upgraded.He's a 3 down guy.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Robinson is the safest elite player in the draft. I still don’t see him making it to 26.

stinkface

Reaction score
You'd probably have another Zeke situation. 4 or 5 years of being worth the pick. Then odds are probably not.

More palatable at 26 though.
Agree. If he is the highest rated on your board by a ton you have to take him. If he gave you 5 really good years that would be great. In 5 years Zack Martin will be retired and Dak will be gone. Being able to have a top flight back to integrate with the next rookie QB is a good thing. A good running game really helps a young QB unless you have someone like Josh Allen or Patrick M or Joey B.

Sydla

Reaction score
Combine really cleared up stuff for us.

Not.

RB might be the best player available and that just sucks. RB is such a low ROI for a first round pick.

Note, the fact Bijan might be there at 26 is kind of why we shouldn't take him. The league just doesn't value RBs in a cap world because they wear down faster and teams are showing they can build run games with mix and matching in FA and later round picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
You would be getting one of the best players in the draft at 26. Of course you would take him. The Eagles might take him at 10.
The Eagles will not take him at 10. The Eagles don't believe in putting real assets into the RB position. They kind of piece it together as they go.

They "may" take him at 31 but that's only because they had two first rounders to burn. I'd be more inclined to take Robinson at 26 if we had, say the 11th pick too.

tm1119

Reaction score

Takes a guard off the board that could potentially play early

Carson

Reaction score
Combine really cleared up stuff for us.

Not.

RB might be the best player available and that just sucks. RB is such a low ROI for a first round pick.

Note, the fact Bijan might be there at 26 is kind of why we shouldn't take him. The league just doesn't value RBs in a cap world because they wear down faster and teams are showing they can build run games with mix and matching in FA and later round picks.
I believe it did. Look at our meetings. Team is flashing their needs