NFL cowers to pressure: Lavalais to be fined for McNabb hit...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Just heard it on ESPN 103-Dallas...

No report on the fine amount yet...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Like Eagle fans werent already crying because this hit is why they lost. :laugh2:

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Just heard it on ESPN 103-Dallas...

No report on the fine amount yet...
How. Freakin'. Pathetic.

I swear McFlabb is turning into the biggest crybaby in the NFL.

It was a legal hit and it's not Lavalais's fault that McFlabb is a wuss.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
PacoReloaded said:
How. Freakin'. Pathetic.

I swear McFlabb is turning into the biggest crybaby in the NFL.

It was a legal hit and it's not Lavalais's fault that McFlabb is a wuss.

well from what i know it is illegal to lead with the crown of your helmet, in tackling someone, and he clearly hit him with the crown of his helmet, and that is finable by the league

bobtheflob

Reaction score
He clearly led with his helmet, they'll fine that every time, especially when it's against a qb.

calico

Reaction score
rookies should be fitted for skirts now at training camp...give me a ****ing break nfl...i am sorry, but I thought this was FOOTBALL.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
calico said:
rookies should be fitted for skirts now at training camp...give me a ****ing break nfl...i am sorry, but I thought this was FOOTBALL.

COMPLETLY agree, it's becoming pathetic on all the "proper" ways to play football, that the NFL is trying to impose. :banghead:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
numnuts23 said:
COMPLETLY agree, it's becoming pathetic on all the "proper" ways to play football, that the NFL is trying to impose. :banghead:

so when a player leans in with the crown of his helmet and ends a cowboy players career, because of the hit, will you be saying the same thing.

the NFL is one of hte highest risks for injury, and i'd rther charge these guys a thousand daollars(since they make millions) to make sure they play safe then for them to play dirty and knock out people.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
When I saw the replay, I also thought a fine was coming.

The rules have to change as the players continue to get bigger and faster...the NFL can't play with the same rules as 1970 when offensive linemen weren't as big as many of today's LB's.

BlueWave

Reaction score
It's worth a fine to inflict punishment on this guy. I say we get up a collection for anyone who can knock McNabb out for the season. Freakin Pansy!

FWBCowboy

Reaction score
The hit was illegal, plain and simple. This is not a new rule. It was spearing. He hit McNabb with the crown of his helmet. A buddy of mine asked me as we were watching the game if spearing was still illegal. The old addage is see what you hit. Lavalais could not see anything as the top of his helmet was plowing into McNabb's chest. This rule is on the books to protect both the offensive player and the defensive player. How many spinal cords injuries have we seen where a player collapses after his head is jammed in his neck. Lavalais deserved to be fined.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
FWBCowboy said:
The hit was illegal, plain and simple. This is not a new rule. It was spearing. He hit McNabb with the crown of his helmet. A buddy of mine asked me as we were watching the game if spearing was still illegal. The old addage is see what you hit. Lavalais could not see anything as the top of his helmet was plowing into McNabb's chest. This rule is on the books to protect both the offensive player and the defensive player. How many spinal cords injuries have we seen where a player collapses after his head is jammed in his neck. Lavalais deserved to be fined.

Hey...with some folks, a rule that is anything short of tolerating throwing people to lions and gladiator fights, will be considered the "wussification" of the game.

Funny thing, I wonder how many who claim the game is now "flag football" would be willing to go out on the field for a full game? :)

parchy

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
It's worth a fine to inflict punishment on this guy. I say we get up a collection for anyone who can knock McNabb out for the season. Freakin Pansy!

As horrible of a person as this may make me, I'd celebrate if McNabb got knocked out for the season, even if the hit was the dirtiest in NFL history.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...with some folks, a rule that is anything short of tolerating throwing people to lions and gladiator fights, will be considered the "wussification" of the game.

Funny thing, I wonder how many who claim the game is now "flag football" would be willing to go out on the field for a full game? :)

Whats it pay? :)

sad_otter

Reaction score
Spearing has been against the rules for ages. It was pretty obvious that a fine was going to be in the works...