Twitter: NFL: Dak balled out as a rookie in 2016 Preseason. Who's next this year?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
For us? Parsons, probably. And I love what I see from Odighizuwa.

The NFL in general? Lawrence or Wilson. Maybe one of the QBs selected later will surprise.

Qcard

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons on defense for sure.
Offense, though his 2nd season, watch out for CeeDee.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No QB taken this year has the set up that Dak had in 2016. Trey Lance may have the best team if he gets to play. Mac Jones has the best coaching staff IMO so that will help.. Lawrence who knows, first time NFL HC, and a team that wasn't good last year.. mmm..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No QB taken this year has the set up that Dak had in 2016. Trey Lance may have the best team if he gets to play. Mac Jones has the best coaching staff IMO so that will help.. Lawrence who knows, first time NFL HC, and a team that wasn't good last year.. mmm..
Wasn't like Dak the best set up the team won 4 games prior to him getting there.
If Justin Fields gets on the field.....he has a nice squad around him. Trey Lance's team is stacked too.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Wasn't like Dak the best set up the team won 4 games prior to him getting there.
If Justin Fields gets on the field.....he has a nice squad around him. Trey Lance's team is stacked too.

They only won 4 games due to Romo getting hurt and having no quality back-up QB.....and in 2016 they had one of the league's best o-line, the leading rushing leader, and a decent defense so compared to rookie QB's in 2021 he did in fact have a much better situation.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

the 2016 Cowboys were really set up nice for a rookie QB, Elite OL, drafted the RB early.. good WR.. Their issue was the QB was hurt the year before, much like last year as well.. much better overall team vs their actual record. I agree about Trey Lance, I just don't know if he will get to play or how much..

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am going to go with our long snapper. He will make our punter and fg holder has no issues when we need it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They only won 4 games due to Romo getting hurt and having no quality back-up QB.....and in 2016 they had one of the league's best o-line, the leading rushing leader, and a decent defense so compared to rookie QB's in 2021 he did in fact have a much better situation.
They didn't have a quality backup but they had 1st rounder in Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel who won 11 games in New England.

Either way, seems like the two things contradict each other. IF the team was so stacked it shouldn't have mattered who was at quarterback.

Not only that but Dak's weapons were Bryant, Witten, Brice Butler, Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley....Only one still in the league now is Beasley and most of those guys were out of the league a year or two after they played for the Cowboys. They did have Zeke and a good offensive line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the 2016 Cowboys were really set up nice for a rookie QB, Elite OL, drafted the RB early.. good WR.. Their issue was the QB was hurt the year before, much like last year as well.. much better overall team vs their actual record. I agree about Trey Lance, I just don't know if he will get to play or how much..

McFadden had a very good year prior to Zeke coming in. The offensive line was also elite in 2015 correct? They had good receivers? Factor in who the head coach was....ehh...i'd rather play for the 9ers and Shanahan.