Nfl Draft 2006 Profiles

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
NOW PEOPLE I HAVE NFL DRAFT SUBSCRIPTIONS ALL OVER THE INTERNET...
Now who ever wants to see a certain player, just either PM me or just wait until I answer the person that posted his profile... I could even try to get video clips of the players also...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
NOW PEOPLE I HAVE NFL DRAFT SUBSCRIPTIONS ALL OVER THE INTERNET...
Now who ever wants to see a certain player, just either PM me or just wait until I answer the person that posted his profile... I could even try to get video clips of the players also...
I'll put in my request right now. I need some Carpenter/Lawson/Tapp/Jimmy Williams/Watson/McNeill/Mark Anderson video clips as soon as possible...:)

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'll put in my request right now. I need some Carpenter/Lawson/Tapp/Jimmy Williams/Watson/McNeill/Mark Anderson video clips as soon as possible...:)

One Player at a time... I will do Jimmy Williams... you going to have to state the full name of the player and the position...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
One Player at a time... I will do Jimmy Williams... you going to have to state the full name of the player and the position...
If you have any Manny Lawson video highlights, I'd love to see them.:D

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If possible, I would like to see something of Kai Parham, Carpenter.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
JIMMY WILLIAMS
62822.jpg

HEIGHT:: 6-3
WEIGHT:: 216
SPEED:: 4.32(sportingnews) 4.36 (hookieshaven.com)

PLAYERS CARD:: http://virginiatech.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=1640&type=stats

STRENGTHS:: -Has great height, weight, speed and long arms. Is best suited to play in a bump-and-run system. Has excellent strength, and is not afraid to be physical and challenge for jump balls. Is particularly effective in the red zone. Is quick. Shows fluid hip movements to turn and run with receivers. Shows above-average burst to the ball. Shows good instincts and route-recognition skills. Is a playmaker with excellent hands. Is good in run support, and fills the hole hard. Is an excellent tackler. Has experience at safety and returning kicks.- sportingnews

-Has rare size/speed combination. A versatile prospect with experience at DC and FS. He is an ideal fit as a press cover corner in a man-to-man scheme. He made huge strides in coverage as a junior in 2004. He is tall, has long arms and is strong for the position. He does a good job of pressing WRs at the LOS and taking them out of their routes. He is surprisingly fluid for such a tall DC. Shows the quickness, hips and top-end speed to turn and run with any WR in the NFL if he opens up in time. He shows very good closing burst when the ball is in the air. He is physical and challenges the jump ball. His size gives him a big advantage in the red zone. He has developed excellent ball skills and is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. He fills hard vs. the run and is outstanding in run support. He is an aggressive player who will throw his body around and mix it up. He flashes some upside when turned loose on the blitz. Also has experience returning punts.- espn.com

WEAKNESS:: -Still has work to do in terms of his consistency in coverage. Will be over-aggressive at times and will get caught gambling. He needs to do a better job with his recognition skills. Will get caught peeking in the backfield at times and will leave himself vulnerable. He is much more effective in man-coverage than he is in zone. He seems less comfortable in space and needs to improve his ability to read the QB's eyes.-espn.com

-Can be overly aggressiveness and lose focus in zone coverage. Must improve field awareness. Must learn to better read quarterbacks' eyes and receivers' tendencies. Must become more disciplined and make wiser decisions. Gambles too much, and gets burned by double moves and pump fakes.- sportingnews

ARTICLE::

-washingtonpost-

Virginia Tech cornerback Jimmy Williams has always been more than confident in his athletic abilities. On his right forearm, a tattoo reads: "Destined 2." On his left: "Be Great."

But Williams's confidence got him into hot water last season with Hokies Coach Frank Beamer. Before the 2004 opener against defending national champion Southern California in the Black Coaches Association Classic at FedEx Field, Williams said Trojans wide receiver Mike Williams wouldn't be very productive if he played in the game.

The NCAA denied reinstating the receiver's eligibility before the game, but the damage was done in Beamer's mind. He banned his cornerback from talking to the media for the rest of the season.

So last month, when Virginia Tech's players reported to Lane Stadium for the annual team picture and media interviews, Williams was biting his tongue. Beamer's message had apparently gotten through loud and clear.
"I like it that way," Beamer said. "I like respecting the game and the opponent and playing hard."

Beamer has never questioned Williams's work ethic or talent. Last season, the senior from Hampton, Va., was an all-ACC selection and a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to college football's best defensive back. Williams led the ACC with five interceptions and was third on the team with 60 tackles in his first season at cornerback after starting at free safety during the 2003 season.

Williams, 6 feet 3 and 216 pounds, played so well last year that many Virginia Tech fans didn't expect him to be back in Blacksburg this season. Williams was ranked among the top non-seniors available for the NFL draft, but he surprised a lot of friends and teammates when he decided to return to Tech. Losing Williams would have been a tremendous blow to the Hokies, who had already graduated starting cornerback Eric Green and safeties James Griffin and Vincent Fuller from a secondary that helped them rank No. 4 in Division I-A in pass defense last season.

"Hey, I wanted to shock the world," Williams said. "A lot of people thought I was going to leave, but I wanted to do something different. A lot of guys before me who had the opportunity to leave did leave. I wanted to be different. I wanted to leave my mark on this program and its history."
Barring an injury this season, Williams's decision could pay off in a big way in April's NFL draft. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Williams the No. 1 cornerback and No. 10 senior available for the draft. Williams's athleticism and big-play abilities are why he is being compared to former Tech standout DeAngelo Hall, a first-round draft choice of the Atlanta Falcons in the 2004 NFL draft.

Unlike Hall, Williams has the size to play free safety in the NFL, but he also is fast enough to cover wide receivers in the open field as a cornerback.
"I wanted to come back and be the number one player in college football," Williams said. "Not just the number one defensive back."

Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster will be counting on Williams to anchor the Hokies' rebuilt secondary. With sophomore Roland Minor lining up at the other cornerback spot and sophomore D.J. Parker likely starting at free safety, Williams doesn't figure to get many passes thrown to his side of the field this season. Keeping his young teammates in the right place will be just as important for Williams, Beamer said.

"Jimmy's doing great right now as far as being a team player here, respecting his teammates and being a great senior leader," Beamer said. "He's covering people like a blanket and has really played well and has confidence."
And, most importantly in Beamer's eyes, Williams is doing it quietly. After making his candid remarks about Mike Williams before last season's opener, the cornerback was burned for one of the biggest plays in the Trojans' 24-13 victory. With Tech leading 10-7 late in the third quarter, running back Reggie Bush lined up at receiver and ran right past Williams for a 53-yard touchdown.

"Damn, I don't want another Reggie Bush play," Williams said. "I was just a kid. I didn't know what to say or how to say it. But I still don't think what I said was all that bad."

Williams said Beamer's censorship did have its benefits, though.
"I'd like to thank Coach Beamer because I didn't have to worry about having a bad game and then having to come and talk to you guys," Williams told reporters.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
If possible, I would like to see something of Kai Parham, Carpenter.

Okay who is Carpenter... I know he's talked about alot... but who is he.. . give me his full name with position...

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Okay who is Carpenter... I know he's talked about alot... but who is he.. . give me his full name with position...
Bobby Carpenter...OLB...Ohio State

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Bobby Carpenter OLB / the ohio sate

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
MANNY LAWSON
257300.jpeg

HEIGHT:: 6-6
WEIGHT:: 245
SPEED:: 4.44

PLAYERS CARD:: http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lawson_manny00.html

TRACK RECORD:: http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-track/spec-rel/022004aaa.html

STRENGTHS:: -Is a terrific natural athlete. Lacks bulk but is tall, has bulked up to 230 pounds and has room to continue to grow. He has good upper body power and is a weight-room warrior. Has explosive strength and speed. Has rare speed for his size. Shows explosive initial burst and acceleration when turning the corner as a pass rusher. He has good recognition skills and natural instincts vs. the run. He has great closing burst to the QB and is a powerful tackler. He has a nose for the ball and makes a lot of big plays. He is at his best in pursuit vs. the run. Has great speed and will track down ball carriers from behind. Takes good angles and is a solid open-field tackler. He is a big-time playmaker on special teams, as well.-espn

-Is an outstanding natural athlete with rare speed for his size. Is a weight room fanatic. Is an explosive tackler and plays bigger than his size. Can rush off the edge and shows a closing burst on the QB. Plays well as a rundown tackler in pursuit. Is instinctive; takes good angles and can make tackles in the open field. Is a special teams demon. -sportingnews

WEAKNESS:: -Is undersized for a DE but plays with decent power and shows the potential to add bulk. Must add lower-body strength and play with better leverage at the point of attack. Will get run over in the running game. Must learn to use his hands to shed blocks; relies too much on his upper-body strength. -sportingnews

-Is a tweener DE/OLB. Is vastly undersized. Needs to continue to add bulk. Is powerful but lacks brute strength. Plays with a narrow base. Has trouble holding his ground at the POA. Needs to improve his lower body strength and play with better leverage at the POA. Needs to continue to do a better job of using his hands and upper body to stay off of blocks.-espn

ARTICLE::

-cstv.com-

Lawson a Handful For Opposing Offenses on the Football Field

Senior Defensive End Leads Pack Defense

Raleigh, N.C. - Manny Lawson is not like a lot of people, and here is the proof: He was born with 11 fingers.
Now, that in itself is nothing to be ashamed of: Florida Marlins pitcher Antonio Alfonseca has six fingers on each hand, which made him the first kid in his class to count to 12 and gave him plenty of room on his hands for a World Series ring.

Lawson just wishes his mom and dad hadn't taken his doctor's advice of tying a string around the extra digit - really just an unsightly bundle of nerves attached to his right hand - until it fell off when he was a toddler. He would dearly love the opportunity of putting his hand down on the ground in front of a tight end or offensive tackle and wiggling a pair of pinkies.
"I know I could freak them out," Lawson said. "I could do a little wave right before the ball is snapped."

Truth be told, Lawson already freaks out enough slow-footed offensive linemen as it is. His 4.4 speed - ESPN.com calls Lawson the fastest defensive lineman in the country - presents a unique challenge for opposing teams, who are already trying to figure out what to do to stop junior on the other side of the line.

Lawson's six-finger salute - plus the addition of 20 more pounds of muscle since last season, upping his stature to an imposing 6-foot-5 and 238 pounds - might just send opponents over the edge.
With Lawson and Williams barreling around the edges, the Wolfpack had the nation's stingiest defense last year, allowing just 221.4 yards per game while amassing 33 sacks, 112 tackles for loss and 89 quarterback pressures. Lawson led the team with seven sacks and was second to Williams with 17 quarterback pressures. He also had 12 tackles for loss and was named second team All-ACC.

Not bad for someone who did not have a defined college position when he arrived from Goldsboro's Eastern Wayne High School in the fall of 2002. Lawson had played tight end, wide receiver, safety and defensive end in high school and was listed as a tight end when he signed with the Wolfpack.

spacer.gif

But from the moment Chuck Amato saw Lawson's credentials as an athlete, the coach knew he was on to something special, a starting place for the kind of defense Amato wanted to build with the Wolfpack.
"In the back of my mind, Manny was always going to be a defensive end in our system," the coach says. "To me, if you can start your defense on the perimeter, with the defensive ends and the cornerbacks, then there is a good chance you can fill the other seven players around them. But you have to have playmakers at those two positions, because that is where the big plays occur."

However, when Lawson arrived at NC State, there was a lack of depth in the linebacker corps, and he spent nearly two seasons playing that unfamiliar position. He made a major impact as a special teams' player, leading the nation with three blocked punts as a freshman and blocking two more as a sophomore. He didn't have any as a junior, something he hopes to change this year.

"Hopefully, since I didn't block any last year, people have forgotten about me," Lawson said. "Now, I can get my groove back."
Lawson was switched to defensive end at the end of the 2003 regular season, giving him all 15 practices before the Tangerine Bowl to learn the position Amato wanted him to play all along. The reason? Lawson's game-changing athletic abilities reminded Amato of former Florida State All-America Peter Boulware.

"Pete was not big, but he was awfully fast and awfully athletic," Amato says. "He is doing a bang-up job in the NFL [for the Baltimore Ravens]. Manny is actually taller, heavier, stronger and faster than Pete was in college."
That's certainly high praise, to be compared to a former NFL Rookie of the Year, but Manny is the first person in line to say that he is not a great technician at his position, just as he was not a great technician as a track star. He mainly just goes out and uses his natural talent to do incredible things - like out-jump the measuring stick on his first day of camp as a freshman.

His high school career is full of similar head-shaking feats, while playing football and running track for Eastern Wayne. Football and track coach Joe Mitchell, who coached a couple of future NFL players when he was an assistant at Richmond County High School, called Lawson one of the best athletes he has ever coached.

Lawson proved that during his senior track season at Eastern Wayne. He won three individual titles (110 high hurdles, 200-meter dash and long jump) and finished third in his best event, the triple jump, at the Class AAA track meet. He scored all 36 of his team's points, to finish third by himself in the team standings, behind state champions Smith High of Greensboro and West Rowan of Salisbury.

But everyone - Lawson, his coaches, even his roommate - is quick to point out that Lawson doesn't exactly do things the right way, in football or in track. He's just someone who can use a strong mix of talent, brains and brawn to produce incredible results.
"His technique is terrible," says Michael Hill, an NC State track standout in the triple-jump who has shared an apartment with Lawson since the summer of their freshman year. "What he does in track is pure athletics. He actually won the long jump at the ACC Indoor meet [in 2003], but it looked so bad, you couldn't believe it. I couldn't understand how he jumped so far. It was just speed and jump.

"The guy is just a freak."
Lawson, who had a second-place finish in the long jump at the 2003 ACC Outdoor Championship and was fifth in the triple jump, fully admits that he doesn't spend too much time developing the finer points of his sports.
"My technique is definitely awful," Lawson says. "I just kind of wing it, in both sports. Mike gets on me all the time. He just doesn't see how it works. Basically, my technique is to run as fast as I can down the runway and jump. There is no swinging of the arms, no kicking here, no keeping my chin up and looking to the sky. It's bad. He is right.

"But how many ACC championships does he have? None. I have one."
In football, that lack of technique is sometimes a benefit, says defensive line coach Todd Stroud. Lawson doesn't behave like most defensive ends. He's not only hard to catch, he's also hard to anticipate.

"Manny is a true, natural pass-rush player," Stroud says. "As a linebacker, he struggled as a stand-up player, where he needed to rely on pure instinct. Manny really doesn't have that. "As a defensive lineman, though, with his hand on the ground, Manny is able to use some fundamental principles of football and his natural ability to make big plays."
Lawson, on the preseason watch lists for both the Lombardi Award as the nation's top defensive lineman and the Bednarik Award as the nation's top defensive player, doesn't have many personal goals for the upcoming season. He's already considered one of the top professional prospects in the country, a certain first-day draft pick next June in the NFL draft, according to the analysts who follow such things, even though he doesn't have a defined pro position either.

He could be a strong safety, or a rush linebacker in a 3-4 scheme defense, or an undersized defensive end, just as he is now.
"He's a natural for a linebacker position in a 3-4 set," Stroud said. "But that doesn't mean in three years that he can't be 270 pounds, because he is starting to show the propensity to be able to gain some body weight.
"So far, he hasn't lost a step of his speed."

Just as he thought when he arrived for college, Lawson doesn't care where he ends up, as long as he gets an opportunity to play at the next level.
"A lot of people say they want to see me at free safety, just because of my speed," Lawson said. "People also talk about be playing linebacker and end. I don't really care as long as I get to play. "But the way I look at it, I have things to finish here before I can worry about the NFL. This is my last time running with the wolves, and that means everything to me right now."
So Lawson has set his sights for this season for winning an ACC Championship and having fun.

"My only specific goal is a team goal," Lawson says. "I want to help take us as far as we can go. This is my last time around. I want a national championship so bad.
"We deserve it."

Of course, having a little fun is not too hard to do in a Wolfpack lockerroom that is prone to spontaneously combust into a Michael Jackson video at any given moment. Lawson remembers this as one of his favorite moments of his college career.

"We were in the lockerrroom one day last season, right before practice, and we were playing Michael Jackson on the stereo," Lawson remembers. "It was me, Brian Clark, John Ritcher, DaJuan Morgan, Marcus Hudson, Martrel Brown and a bunch of others. We were doing the whole choreographed routine from the video of whatever song was playing. We were all sitting there trying to figure it out and saying `No, you are doing it wrong.'

"Then, the coaches walked in and we did the whole routine right there in the lockerroom. It was a blast."
So who was the goofiest member of this unconventional defensive line dance?
"Mario Williams," Lawson says. "He has no rhythm whatsoever."
Lawson likes to joke around, but he's a serious student, one of only three football players majoring in some form of engineering. Long snapper William Lee is a mechanical engineering major and offensive lineman Yomi Ojo is an industrial engineering major with Lawson.

However, Lawson doesn't plan on becoming a professional engineer. His heart is really set on becoming an architect, something he has aspired to do since taking a drafting class in the ninth grade. He's pretty adept at computer-aided design, and he's a noted artist, at least in his family. When he was a kid, Lawson got in his mind one day that he wanted to decorate his room. He called on his sister for help, and in one afternoon they painted a lovely mural on his bedroom wall.

"We drew this lovely picture of Jesus on a cloud," Lawson said. "We had mountains and birds and the sun wearing sunglasses. It was a masterpiece.
"Michelangelo has nothing on us." Not even an extra finger.

http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-track/spec-rel/022004aaa.html

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
BOBBY CARPENTER
p-carpenter.jpg

HEIGHT:: 6-3
WEIGHT:: 255
SPEED::4.50

PLAYERS CARD:: http://ohiostatebuckeyes.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carpenter_bobby00.html
PLAYER TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:: http://www.richhanchette.com/mmedia.htm#VIDEO

STRENGTHS:: -Is massive and athletic with tremendous strength and exceptional speed. Is durable and consistent who surprises opponents with his speed and quickness. Will chase down plays sideline-to-sideline, and never stops hustling. Shows great tackling skills. Can fill the hole against the run, and can turn run in coverage. Can penetrate the backfield, and is adept at blitzing.- sportingnews

-Is tall and is well built. Has very good straight-line speed for his size. He does a good job of stacking at the LOS when he plays with leverage. He has a powerful upper body and shows the ability to stalemate blockers. He has good speed and closing burst when pursuing the run. Is a powerful hitter with good hip explosion and upper body strength. Takes solid angles and will wrap up in space. Has shown a lot of flashes as a situational edge rusher. Has good speed and closing burst to the QB. Also has adequate range in underneath zone coverage and shows surprising ball skills when in position. Has the speed to turn and run with most TE's downfield. Has continued to improve with each year of experience and still has a good deal of untapped potential. He is a tough and instinctive player. Has great intelligence and picks schemes/assignments up quickly. A hard worker on and off the field. Durable and reliable. No character issues. Has versatility because of experience at SLB and DE. Also has been a playmaker on special teams and has the physical tools and mentality to contribute in that facet of the game in the NFL.- espn

WEAKNESS:: -Lacks ideal athleticism. Plays a bit too high and can look stiff. Needs to play with more consistent leverage. Allows blockers to get into his body too often. Is big and powerful but lacks ideal bulk and lower body strength. Plays with a little bit too narrow of a base. Needs to improve his hand-usage and ability to disengage from blocks. He has good speed but lacks ideal COD skills and fluidity. Will have more matchup limitations in coverage at the next level. Must also improve his array of pass rush moves in order to maximize that potential.-espn

-Plays high at times, and must work at staying low. Can improve his footwork and use of hands to shed blockers. Occasionally takes himself out of a play. -sportingnews

ARTILCE::

Carpenter steps into staring line-up for Buckeyes

COLUMBUS -- Officially, sophomore outside linebacker Bobby Carpenter is making his first career start Saturday against Iowa in place of suspended senior Robert Reynolds.
But the 6-3, 244-pound Carpenter can be excused for already feeling like a starter. A special teams standout, he has also seen significant minutes at strong side linebacker when Reynolds has shifted into the middle.
"I don't really think it's going to be that different," Carpenter said. "The only difference now is I don't have a sub, so I have to be ready to go."
Carpenter was on the field the entire fourth quarter last week against Wisconsin and was in for the goal-line stand in the triple overtime victory over North Carolina State.
"For any kid growing up in central Ohio, his dream is to play for the Buckeyes and start one day," Carpenter said. "That's what I've always wanted to do. I'm getting my chance now and I'm going to do the best I can."
Carpenter ranks third among OSU linebackers with 20 tackles and is second on the team with three sacks. He was part of a heralded 2002 recruiting class that included middle linebacker Mike D'Andrea and outside 'backer A.J. Hawk, who has quickly developed into an All-Big Ten candidate in his first year as a starter.
"I got the second-most reps on the team as a freshman outside of A.J.," Carpenter said. "This year, I was going to try to contribute to the team any way I could. Sometimes unfortunate things happen and I have to step in and do the best job I can."
Carpenter takes over for the team's second-leading tackler. Ohio State has suspended Reynolds for one game for choking Wisconsin quarterback Jim Sorgi in the bottom of a pile-up late in the third quarter of the Badgers' 17-10 victory. Sorgi was having trouble breathing and didn't return to the game.
"I don't necessarily think (Reynolds' absence) will hurt us, but Rob brings a certain attitude to the game," strong safety Will Allen said. "As you can see, he was trying to choke a guy, so he's real intense at times. He brings a nasty attitude to the game.
"He's a senior; he knows what to do in crucial situations, and we're definitely going to miss that. But Bobby Carpenter is more than capable of getting the job done."
Carpenter was one of the most sought-after linebackers in the Midwest after playing his high school ball at Lancaster for his father, Rob, a former NFL running back with the New York Giants.
"My relationship with my dad is kind of a coach-player thing," Carpenter said. "He's always telling me things a coach would tell you, like keep your head up and keep working hard and your time will come."
That time is Saturday. "Bobby Carpenter is a good football player," OSU coach Jim Tressel said. "He played very, very well (at Wisconsin). He's strong. He's physical. He's got excellent speed and movement. He'll continue to grow into being, I think, an outstanding linebacker."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The RoadGradeR

Max Jean-Gilles! Guard

Thanks in advance

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Lawson is looking like the pick for me. They did mention his play at 3-4, but I just think you teach the guy and let his athleticism take over from there.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Carpenter , can you find anything on Parham? ILB.I'm interested to see want is said of him, and how he projects to the pros.
Again, many thanks to RealCowbowFan.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
There is no way Lawson runs a 4.44

No ****** way, most WRs dont have that kind of speed. That would make him automatically the fastest front 7 player in football

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

No ****** way, most WRs dont have that kind of speed. That would make him automatically the fastest front 7 player in football
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=625

This is a player at the defensive end position that can be dominate at both levels of play
As a collegiate player I feel he is a dominate presence on the field of play, he posses excellent athleticness, determination and passion for the game that others lack and gives him the extra juice to succeed
This is an athlete while in high school that qualified for (4) different events in track for his state of North Carolina, and reportedly currently runs a 4.43 in the 40 yard dash, that gives you an idea of the type of athlete and skill level we are talking about here
He has the rare combination of size, speed, mobility, quickness and burst to be a dominant player on the field, to me he out performs his teammate Mario Williams on the field where it counts, and rather than the publications and the media
He gets upfield with such a quick burst and instinctive anticipation off the snap, that he brings such pressure to his opposing blocker, and once he does get by the opposing blocker, he has the speed to run down any quarterback I can think of
He plays the game with such passion and will to win on every snap of the ball, he also shows the athletic ability to track down and make the plays necessary running down runners from the backfield, he is consistently in an attack mode on the field, and stout at the point of attack anywhere on the field, he is quite simply a difference maker!
With his lack of weight he is somewhat of a liability against the run, that is why I proposed the idea of making him a linebacker where he does not have to take on blockers consistently 50+ pounds heavier than him, which in turn wears him down and makes his ability to work in open space and use his athleticness to his advantage limited
If he were to be moved to the linebacker spot he would be freed up to do the things he can do best more often and more creatively, he can be used as a combo blitzing linebacker/ rush end in known passing situations, and he can be utilized in the defense in creative ways by the coaches and coordinator
I feel he posses the agility in the hips, mobility, quickness and lateral movement where his transition from the defensive end spot to the linebacker position would be a smooth one, his upside to me is limitless!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=625

This is a player at the defensive end position that can be dominate at both levels of play
As a collegiate player I feel he is a dominate presence on the field of play, he posses excellent athleticness, determination and passion for the game that others lack and gives him the extra juice to succeed
This is an athlete while in high school that qualified for (4) different events in track for his state of North Carolina, and reportedly currently runs a 4.43 in the 40 yard dash, that gives you an idea of the type of athlete and skill level we are talking about here
He has the rare combination of size, speed, mobility, quickness and burst to be a dominant player on the field, to me he out performs his teammate Mario Williams on the field where it counts, and rather than the publications and the media
He gets upfield with such a quick burst and instinctive anticipation off the snap, that he brings such pressure to his opposing blocker, and once he does get by the opposing blocker, he has the speed to run down any quarterback I can think of
He plays the game with such passion and will to win on every snap of the ball, he also shows the athletic ability to track down and make the plays necessary running down runners from the backfield, he is consistently in an attack mode on the field, and stout at the point of attack anywhere on the field, he is quite simply a difference maker!
With his lack of weight he is somewhat of a liability against the run, that is why I proposed the idea of making him a linebacker where he does not have to take on blockers consistently 50+ pounds heavier than him, which in turn wears him down and makes his ability to work in open space and use his athleticness to his advantage limited
If he were to be moved to the linebacker spot he would be freed up to do the things he can do best more often and more creatively, he can be used as a combo blitzing linebacker/ rush end in known passing situations, and he can be utilized in the defense in creative ways by the coaches and coordinator
I feel he posses the agility in the hips, mobility, quickness and lateral movement where his transition from the defensive end spot to the linebacker position would be a smooth one, his upside to me is limitless!

I'll believe it when I see it at the combine

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Lawson might not even be the fastest front 7 in this draft. Thomas Howard will probably clocka faster time. He has been timed 4.38 to 4.49