NFL Draft Countdown: Hot/Cold List

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Link

Buzz and Momemtum Play a Big Role in the Draft. Who Has It and Who Does Not?

HOT:
1. Jason Allen S Tennessee
• Hip is healthy and he is back in Round 1.

2. Winston Justice OT Southern Cal
• Has tested extremely well in workouts.

3. Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina
• Combine performance sent stock soaring.

4. Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida St.
• He could easily go in the Top 10 overall.

5. John McCargo DT North Carolina St.
• Potential 1st Rounder who scouts love.

6. Chad Jackson WR Florida
• Blistered a 4.32 at the Scouting Combine.

7. Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida St.
• This guy's a legit Top 20 pick, believe it.

8. Paul McQuistan OT Weber St.
• Emerging as a premier sleeper prospect.

9. Chris Chester C Oklahoma
• Versatile and athletic with a lot of upside.

10. Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
• Might be the 4th Quarterback Chosen.

COLD:
1. LenDale White RB Southern Cal
• Poor attitude and is not in shape.

2. Tamba Hali DE Penn St.
• Only able to run a 4.86 in the forty.

3. Jonathan Scott OT Texas
• Has not tested out well in workouts.

4. Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech
• Has not come off well in interviews.

5. Marcus Vick QB Virginia Tech
• Can't seem to stay out of trouble.

6. Elvis Dumervil DE Louisville
• Kiss of Death: Both short and slow.

7. Kai Parham ILB Virginia
• Was much slower than expected.

8. Orien Harris DT Miami (FL)
• Did not test very well athletically.

9. Claude Wroten DT L.S.U.
• Battling injuries and legal troubles.

10. Jason Avant WR Michigan
• Only managed a 4.80 at his Pro Day.​

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The surprise for me is Jimmy Williams. At one time I thought he was a lock in the top 10.

shnagy

Reaction score
I think Dumervil is a good player. Just had a bad combine. He plays much faster on the field than his numbers indicate. Should be a good pickup for some team.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
McCargo scares me. It reminds me of the whole Julius Peppers Ryan Simms thing. He's going to look better on tape just because of Mario Williams.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dumervil had a BEER BELLY at the Senior bowl ... according to one scout/reporter.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
McCargo scares me. It reminds me of the whole Julius Peppers Ryan Simms thing. He's going to look better on tape just because of Mario Williams.

You do have to watch for that. I sometimes wonder how any team gained a yard on NC St with three first rounders in Williams, Lawson and McCargo on the line.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
The surprise for me is Jimmy Williams. At one time I thought he was a lock in the top 10.

I agree.....he is a heck of a talent......could be a steal

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Some teams reportedly have taken him completely off their list.

I can't help but think there's more to it than his reported horrible interviews at the combine.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chief said:
Some teams reportedly have taken him completely off their list.

I can't help but think there's more to it than his reported horrible interviews at the combine.
I hadn't heard about him interviewing badly. That's interesting.

I can't say I'd be interested in him in the 1st round. I doubt I'd be interested in any DB not named Laron Landry and he isn't in the draft.

Reaction score
Yep I agree on Williams he is a talent but something is really up. If we trade down and "if" he's still there I believe you take him the value would be extremely high. Talent wasn't an issue with Moo U ( NC State) they are not well coached and the reason why my alma UNC keeps beating them

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
trickblue said:
HOT:
1. Jason Allen S Tennessee
• Hip is healthy and he is back in Round 1.

3. Jonathan Joseph CB South Carolina
• Combine performance sent stock soaring.

Not really surprised by this. I follow the SEC mainly, so I knew Allen was a first round talent. His only concern, and I still think it is, is his hip injury. Although it is good to know that he is getting better, I was hoping he would fly in under the radar and we could get him in the 2nd round.

Also from following the SEC and South Carolina, I personally thought that Joseph was the best CB in the draft and even predicted it in another thread. The kid is very raw and has loads of talent. He often out-performed Ko Simpson but went unnoticed because the focus wasn't on him. He can make the INT, solid tackle, and has great overall coverage and size. The scary part is that he is still learning.

COLD:
1. LenDale White RB Southern Cal
• Poor attitude and is not in shape.

A littler surprised at his attitude. I felt that he may be the sleepers choice and I really liked his performance in the Rose Bowl, even more so than Bush. I was hoping he would be trade-up bait for us at pick #18 for anyone that was looking seriously at a future RB.

4. Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech
• Has not come off well in interviews.
Is it just me, or does everyone from VT have severe emotionally issues? I still believe the talent is there and he will make some team a great FS/CB. If his stock in in fact dropping, I think he would be a steal for anyone that can get him in round 2 and beyond if he can get his head right.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Every year you have a "fingers-crossed" player that you realistically hope somehow that he falls into your lap with your pick, and at this point Justice is my guy.

Tamba Hali is going to be a steal for somebody. I see people listing him as a 3rd round pick now. The only reason he's falling is because of a 40 time. How often do we say how stupid that is after the fact, but yet we always get wrapped up in it every year around this time. I've already puked once today with the Arrington to the Giants report, so I'll just have to dry heave if Hali falls to the Commanders in the 2nd round.

silver

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Every year you have a "fingers-crossed" player that you realistically hope somehow that he falls into your lap with your pick, and at this point Justice is my guy.

Tamba Hali is going to be a steal for somebody. I see people listing him as a 3rd round pick now. The only reason he's falling is because of a 40 time. How often do we say how stupid that is after the fact, but yet we always get wrapped up in it every year around this time. I've already puked once today with the Arrington to the Giants report, so I'll just have to dry heave if he falls to the Commanders in the 2nd round.
Justice will go in the top 10. Did you see him work out? the man is a beast. Quick feet = Winston Justice

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Parham, even with his terrible times.

Maybe he could be another Bradie James. Productive in college, falls in the draft, and takes a while to get acclimated to the NFL.

Wouldn't mind picking him up. Good depth, and we could always move Ayodele outside.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Tamba Hali is going to be a steal for somebody. I see people listing him as a 3rd round pick now. The only reason he's falling is because of a 40 time. How often do we say how stupid that is after the fact, but yet we always get wrapped up in it every year around this time. I've already puked once today with the Arrington to the Giants report, so I'll just have to dry heave if Hali falls to the Commanders in the 2nd round.

I think everyone knew that they had Hali too high and are just using the 40 time to drop him back to where he should have been. Everyone knew he was going to run around that time months before he ran.

I hope he does fall to the 'skins in round two though because I think he'll never make it in the pros but it has nothing to do with his pro day.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Gosh. Lots of people soaring up to the top of the draft boards.

Bunkley and Justice top 10? Ok. I wouldn't be shocked. But who is falling?

Bush
D'Brick
Leinart
Hawk
Mario W.

Those 5 are locks for top 10.

These guys are other possible top 10'ers.

Vernon Davis
Huff
Cutler
Justice
Bunkley
Ngata
Vince Young

Someone in that group is going to fall.

After that, who knows? This is going to be wide open. The talent levels from #15 to the end of the 2nd round will be pretty much equal.

Woods

Reaction score
cobra said:
Gosh. Lots of people soaring up to the top of the draft boards.

Bunkley and Justice top 10? Ok. I wouldn't be shocked. But who is falling?

Bush
D'Brick
Leinart
Hawk
Mario W.

Those 5 are locks for top 10.

These guys are other possible top 10'ers.

Vernon Davis
Huff
Cutler
Justice
Bunkley
Ngata
Vince Young

Someone in that group is going to fall.

After that, who knows? This is going to be wide open. The talent levels from #15 to the end of the 2nd round will be pretty much equal.

I think that Davis, Ngata, and Bunkley are most likely to fall.