NFL draft countdown's COLD list 03/30

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Updated March 30th, 2005

The following is not a projection of how I feel the draft will break down but merely a list of players who are losing some momentum at this point and may be falling in terms of where they will be chosen.

1. Brandon Browner, CB, Oregon St.
Has not shown the type of speed in workouts he will need to play cornerback at the professional level.
2. Ernest Shazor, OLB-S, Michigan
Ran poorly in workouts which could lead to most teams projecting him to linebacker in the pros.
3. Vince Carter, C, Oklahoma
This is a classic case of a great college football player who is just a very limited pro prospect.
4. T.A. McLendon, RB, North Carolina St.
Had some major durability concerns and with the way he has run in workouts he will really slip.
5. Charles Frederick, WR, Washington
A more quick than fast player, Frederick has run some very disappointing times and is falling.
6. Steve Savoy, WR, Utah
An underclassmen with limited experience at the college level who does not have great speed.
7. Vernand Morency, RB, Oklahoma St.
For a player known for his speed and gamebreaking ability running a 4.66 does not help matters.
8. Channing Crowder, ILB, Florida
Has the talent to be a star but durability and character questions are lurking for him right now.
9. Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
Still the top tight end available but he may not be able to workout before the draft is held.
10. Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
Has some major durability questions and did not showcase the elite speed scouts were expecting.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
8. Channing Crowder, ILB, Florida
Has the talent to be a star but durability and character questions are lurking for him right now.
9. Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
Still the top tight end available but he may not be able to workout before the draft is held.
10. Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
Has some major durability questions and did not showcase the elite speed scouts were expecting.

James and Miller will both go in the first round and I think Channing either late first or early second... I can actually see NE taking him at 32