Draft Day ***NFL Draft First Round thread***

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Mike Tanier's take:
Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

Mike McCarthy said recently that the Cowboys need more "speed and energy," per Jon Machota of The Athletic. Plum tuckered out by the utterance, McCarthy then scheduled appointments at his favorite mid-practice day spa, then took to bed with the vapors.

When someone said the Cowboys needed more speed in the early 1990s, three VTOL helicopters immediately took off for Columbia.

(I'd like to thank McCarthy for the soundbite. I didn't have any really good Cowboys gags entering Thursday, because they have been acting rather normal lately).

Parsons reminds me of Bobby Wagner. He has almost telepathic recognition and reaction skills. He sometimes shoots interior gaps and brings down ball-carriers so quickly that I have a hard time processing what happened when watching film. ("OK, I found Parsons on the screen, it's first-and-10, the offense is in the Pist—oh snap, the play is over.")

Parsons is also a high-impact blitzer with a spin move and the agility to beat offensive tackles around the corner. He should adjust quickly to NFL coverage responsibilities.

Parsons was allegedly involved in a 2018 hazing incident which bears mentioning. You can read about it here. Penn State coach James Franklin comes off far worse than anyone, frankly, which is par for the course for college football. The incident sounds just a little too wild to be brushed off as "boys being boys" but not wild enough to make me fear I will be forced to someday write one of *those* thinkpieces about Parsons.

The Cowboys astutely slid down when the top cornerbacks were off the board and got the sort of player Jerry Jones loves. This is a very "Cowboys" pick. It's also a solid pick.

Grade: B+
Lol. I like when journalists warn you ahead of time that they are going to make a hit piece.

Sydla

Reaction score
How did the Cowboys get scooped? Neither Horn or Surtain were there at 10.

His point is that we thought at least one of the CBs would be there and kind of got surprised by both Denver and Carolina taking the CBs we wanted.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Do you ever offer football opinions or just cry?
Yeah I do all the time. I say that I have no clue about these players. I don’t try to act like some super GM like you do. I admit I don’t have a clue and am willing to give whatever the pick is a chance to prove themselves. You are some narcissistic fool who is *****ing about Parsons like you know him. You don’t know crap so quit acting like it. You embarrass yourself.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
But look at these other teams moving around to get the guys they want.......we couldn't have tried to move up or anticipated the teams in front us better?

I guess, but that's not a reason to knock the hand they were dealt.