NFL Draftcountdown 2 round mock draft.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I really think we can get better players at that point by going with Doucet and another corner or RB in the 2nd round...then like a guy like Johnson, Slaton or Charles in the 2nd and then a defensive player like Beau Bell or Dre Moore in the late 3rd...

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1936477 said:
LOL @ the idea that Cason will go late 2nd.
You know i don't know what Cason has done since the season has been over but he was ranked as a top 3 corner and a top 15 selection. Now after the Senior Bowl he has fallen out of the 1st rd all the way to the end of the 2nd and he hasn't done anything to warrant this. I know guys like Mckelvin and Cromartie improved there stock but this guy is still IMO a top CB prospect and I wouldn't have a problem taking him with the #22 or #28. I don't think there is anyway he makes it out of the 1st.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1936496 said:
You know i don't know what Cason has done since the season has been over but he was ranked as a top 3 corner and a top 15 selection. Now after the Senior Bowl he has fallen out of the 1st rd all the way to the end of the 2nd and he hasn't done anything to warrant this. I know guys like Mckelvin and Cromartie improved there stock but this guy is still IMO a top CB prospect and I wouldn't have a problem taking him with the #22 or #28. I don't think there is anyway he makes it out of the 1st.
Scott is extremely low on him. Has been for awhile. More often than not, though, I disagree with Scott. He puts a lot of effort into what he does, but I just don't think he has an eye for talent or a good sense of what teams need/will do.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't want Talib at 22. Just don't. I think there is a better player to be had at 22.

Talib is a superb athlete but he doesn't have the elite speed.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
theogt;1936502 said:
Scott is extremely low on him. Has been for awhile. More often than not, though, I disagree with Scott. He puts a lot of effort into what he does, but I just don't think he has an eye for talent or a good sense of what teams need/will do.
I am a fan of his work but I think I don't agree with everything he says. For my money I think Cason is the most NFL ready CB in the draft because of his smarts and instincts.

BigDave95

Reaction score

They think Cason is going to bomb at his workouts. If he runs anywhere in the 4.4's he'll be right back up there in the 15-30 range.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1936506 said:
I don't want Talib at 22. Just don't. I think there is a better player to be had at 22.

Talib is a superb athlete but he doesn't have the elite speed.

he is a playmaker. I bet the pats grab him at 7. If he drops to us, i'd flip out.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Months ago I was reading The Sporting News and they were claiming Cason was slow and would need to go to a cover 2 team. They also listed him as a 2nd rounder. Talib ironically was the guy they claimed as the top cover corner with excellent speed. We'll see come combine time I guess.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDave95;1936676 said:
They think Cason is going to bomb at his workouts. If he runs anywhere in the 4.4's he'll be right back up there in the 15-30 range.
He'll be somewhere between 4.45 and 4.48.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have seen Talib get burned. He is a smart kid but he just does not have the recovery speed you need.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I wouldn't be disappointed with the 1st round, but I think we can find better quality at WR in the second round than Caldwell. This guy is a hard worker but I doubt he goes before round 3 or 4. If Sweed isn't able to workout a full strength at the combine, he would be a steal in the second round. Also Mannigham and Bowman should be available in the 2nd, all of which are better than Caldwell.

dogberry

Reaction score
Yeah that Youtube of Jordy Nelson beating Talib is burnt into my mental hard drive.

Oh, and did any team owner or head coach do as much against Adolph Hitler as our own Coach Landry.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Hostile;1936682 said:
He'll be somewhere between 4.45 and 4.48.

Even though that's plenty fast, two times like that could certainly push him into the 28 area.

Woods

Reaction score
This may sound a bit crazy, but the guy I wouldn't mind at 22 at CB is Cromartie.

From what I can make out, he just seems like a natural at the CB position.

Woods

Reaction score
Here's something on Cromartie from thehuddlereport.com . . . . after the Senior Bowl. The only knock on him I've been able to make out is that he didn't go up against top talent and that he needs to get a bit stronger.

But I think he also won the 60meters, and I think the long jump as well in his conference. He's a terriffic athlete as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State - This kid is a top 15 pick in this draft and has enormous potential to impact at the next level. He is like the Randy Moss of the CB’s. I have moved him right up there with Mike Jenkins CB South Florida. It would not surprise me at all if some team in the top ten of this draft selected Dom. This kid could be one of the best and yes he could go that early.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1936947 said:
Here's something on Cromartie from thehuddlereport.com . . . . after the Senior Bowl. The only knock on him I've been able to make out is that he didn't go up against top talent and that he needs to get a bit stronger.

But I think he also won the 60meters, and I think the long jump as well in his conference. He's a terriffic athlete as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State - This kid is a top 15 pick in this draft and has enormous potential to impact at the next level. He is like the Randy Moss of the CB’s. I have moved him right up there with Mike Jenkins CB South Florida. It would not surprise me at all if some team in the top ten of this draft selected Dom. This kid could be one of the best and yes he could go that early.

hopefully that drops McKelvin down to us

Woods

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1936955 said:
hopefully that drops McKelvin down to us

I just wonder if M Jenkins, McKelvin and Cromartie will be gone by 22.

If that's the case, that still leaves Cason and T Porter, I suppose.

I think we'll have to do a re-rating after the Combine. If Cason run sub 4.5, I would think he'll be top 15-20 again.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1936960 said:
I just wonder if M Jenkins, McKelvin and Cromartie will be gone by 22.

If that's the case, that still leaves Cason and T Porter, I suppose.

I think we'll have to do a re-rating after the Combine. If Cason run sub 4.5, I would think he'll be top 15-20 again.

that's what sucks about picking low, even though you didn't make it that far during the season