NFL | FB Jon Ritchie retires; heading to a broadcasting career

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:39:18 -0700

Marc Narducci, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports FB Jon Ritchie has decided to retire from the NFL. He is pursuing other endeavors. One of them is television work, and Ritchie has served as an analyst on two NFL Europe games for the NFL Network - while sitting in the Mount Laurel studios of NFL films. As a way to trim costs, one game each week has announcers in person while the other two has the announcers working off a monitor in the studios of NFL Films.

"It definitely makes things a little bit more of a challenge," Ritchie said of doing the games from a studio. "You don't have a chance to see the whole field as you would normally. You are basically seeing what cameras are showing instead of getting to see the entire situation." Ritchie is concentrating most of his energies on breaking into television.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i cannot imagine this in the broadcast booth
s4473.jpg

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I personally know this guy. He was the best man for one of my pledge brothers back in school. He took us all to A.C. a few years ago for the Bachelor party. It was awesome.

I'm glad he's moved into something else. He also mentioned coaching High School football.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The guy with the protruding brow, if he didn't suck so much I would swear he was on roids.