NFL free agency winners, losers: Cowboys wisely opt not to overspend on Day 1

1942willys

Reaction score
using anything Yahoo to prop up the idiots in the FO is pretty pathetic

kevm3

Reaction score
There's nothing wise about what the Cowboys did. Another passive year from a passive organization except when it comes to creating a circus atmosphere. We have even more serious holes than we did last year and only late round draft picks to address them and less draft picks than usual.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was just watching GMFB on NFLN. I just flipped the channel over to see what they were talking about.
And it was Dallas.

Kyle Brandt, who seems like one of the ultimate Cowboys haters at times. Said he is actually ok with them doing nothing at this point, and not jumping into the over spending.
And that looking to draft some of these replacements he is fine with. Because they still have a very good core group to build around.

Just posting what he said, don't shoot the messenger.

Sydla

Reaction score
Was just watching GMFB on NFLN. I just flipped the channel over to see what they were talking about.
And it was Dallas.

Kyle Brandt, who seems like one of the ultimate Cowboys haters at times. Said he is actually ok with them doing nothing at this point, and not jumping into the over spending.
And that looking to draft some of these replacements he is fine with. Because they still have a very good core group to build around.

Just posting what he said, don't shoot the messenger.
You can't fix everything in this draft. Further, the reality is you may only hit on a couple of the picks, which would still be good, but not enough to fix what ails us. Further, we created new holes by guys leaving. Depth is worse, such as at DE.
Very reasonable players/contracts are off the board that would have helped - Z Moss, J Jewell - just to name two. Jerry and his idiot son basically think that the duds from last year's draft will be good this year, they'll kill the draft again this year and they'll get lucky that some of their bargain bin signings pull a Kearse and actually play well enough to make an impact.

Unfortunately, that strategy has been at play for years now in Dallas and has led to nothing but failure.

superonyx

Reaction score
The biggest loser is Prescott as he's about to get exposed and eat turf all season. You want to get paid then figure it out buddy, find a way to win with less talent like real franchise QBs do. Jerry's message is clear, you don't get the job done you're gone at the end of the year. See ya fraud.
They do? Who is doing this?

Hurts? Allen? Purdy?

Who are you referring to that wins with less talent?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Another passive year from a passive organization except when it comes to creating a circus atmosphere.
And passive is exactly how they look when they face off against a powerhouse team. It's who we are through and through. That's why fans of the not good enough teams are always whining about the refs because they can't impose their own will on teams so drop to the ground kicking and screaming that you can't win because "it's not fair."

Big_D

Reaction score
Great things are on the horizon. Huge holes, no money, limited picks and a clueless front office. This is not business as usual.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The biggest loser is Prescott as he's about to get exposed and eat turf all season. You want to get paid then figure it out buddy, find a way to win with less talent like real franchise QBs do. Jerry's message is clear, you don't get the job done you're gone at the end of the year. See ya fraud.
“Figure it out buddy”? Eight years and the Dallas Cowboys don’t know if they want Dak Prescott to continue to be their quarterback beyond one more season? Dak and his agent will be saying to Jerry Jones “figure it out, buddy”. Prescott is set to make $34 million for the 2024 season. That’s less than Cousins and Mayfield will be paid for the 2024 season. The $59 million cap hit for this year is not because of Prescott’s deal. It’s the result of Dallas’ management not managing the salary cap well. If Jerry Jones feels his team is fine as is, it’s his business. Dak Prescott does not run the team.

75boyz

Reaction score
You can't fix everything in this draft. Further, the reality is you may only hit on a couple of the picks, which would still be good, but not enough to fix what ails us. Further, we created new holes by guys leaving. Depth is worse, such as at DE.
Very reasonable players/contracts are off the board that would have helped - Z Moss, J Jewell - just to name two. Jerry and his idiot son basically think that the duds from last year's draft will be good this year, they'll kill the draft again this year and they'll get lucky that some of their bargain bin signings pull a Kearse and actually play well enough to make an impact.

Unfortunately, that strategy has been at play for years now in Dallas and has led to nothing but failure.
Exactly.
I posted in the Dark Days Ahead thread that I believe they're just doing more of the same by having already identified Parsons, Lamb and drumroll...Dak, as their marketing flag bearers for the near future.

Those 3 will get the lions share of cap money and the rest of team payroll will continue to be draft and develop/we like our guys strategy.

Free agent acquisition will be scarce but if so, will lack quality as has been the norm.

Just my opinion on how all their money allocation strategy is aligning.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the-only-winning-move.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
using anything Yahoo to prop up the idiots in the FO is pretty pathetic
You completely misread. The article is provided for information only. Like it. Don't like it. Doesn't matter.

It is in no way being used to prop up the Cowboys FO.

Just like it isn't being used to prop up and of the winners or downgrade any or the losers listed.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
At the end of the day, "all in" to Jerry was likely commentary that everyone else has to be all in. That they are playing for the jobs in 2024. Dak has to perform. McCarthy has to perform. Yet Jerry is basically undermining the team and chances for high level success because he refuses to address clear needs without hitting the bargain bin of FA.

This is a dysfunctional franchise and it has never been more clear that Jerry and his son have no concept of how to build a team, make a run at a SB, etc.
when all the politics started, I bailed. that why I've been MIA so long in here.

things change when you lose that emotional tie to a team. it started being about football again so it became background noise. then I started paying attention again.

and things like this simply make my apathy rage.

I have zero expectations from the team except to do whatever it takes to keep from winning.

and they are the league best at that.