NFL international Player Pathway - 4 players from Ireland

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

csirl

Reaction score
The most 'accomplished' sportsman of that list is probably Louis Rees-Zammit, a Welsh rugby international winger and regarded as one of the best in the game, certainly in the northern hemisphere.
Yes, this is causing a lot of coversations in rugby circles - as is the Connacht development player. A penny drop situation for some e.g. the Connacht development player will likely earn more than most of their first team players even if only on a NFL practise squad.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes, this is causing a lot of coversations in rugby circles - as is the Connacht development player. A penny drop situation for some e.g. the Connacht development player will likely earn more than most of their first team players even if only on a NFL practise squad.
I think the lack of money in rugby is a concern, the game's big appeal is in the Internationals. Personally, I don't see how LR-Z would transition. Assume he'd be a WR, and would probably be best suited in the slot....but I can't see him succeeding and I'm Welsh (and a fan).