NFL investigating Patriots for deflating footballs

Wolfpack

Reaction score
MLB is a shell of its former self. It was the national pastime and now it's arguably the 3rd most watched sport.

They blew it in many different ways, but the main cause is that they always thought the fans would never leave.

And they were wrong.

I see Goodell doing the same exact thing with the same beliefs and the owners are right there with him.

YR

I agree with your thoughts here but I don't think Goodell and Co. think about the fans at all…they think about the advertisers and the money. There is a sickness in the NFL that is addicted to growth for the sake of growth. That always ends badly….look at NASCAR, how bad they whored that sport out. Now its irrelevant.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Exactly. Like I said before, the Jets tamper with a player on another team's roster and no one cares and they're not the bad guys. Cleveland sends texts down to the sidelines and no one cares. The Patriots are hated because of how popular and successful they are - just like the Cowboys.

The problem with anything you post in their defense is...

All 3 SB wins were by 3 points.
Cheating was the difference, probably should have lost every one of them.

Now, vs the Giants, we saw the truth.
Brady has Moss. Should have been slam dunk.

Rogah

Reaction score
The problem with anything you post in their defense is...

All 3 SB wins were by 3 points.
Cheating was the difference, probably should have lost every one of them.

Now, vs the Giants, we saw the truth.
Brady has Moss. Should have been slam dunk.
If they went from 3 championships to 7-9, 8-8 seasons you might have a point, but they didn't so you don't. Statistically speaking, the Patriots have been better post-spygate than they were pre-spygate, but you don't want to hear that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

They've played 5 Super Bowl in the Belichick/Brady era. All 5 of them were incredibly close games that went down to the last minute and could have easily gone either way.

To make it sound like they dominated before spygate and have sucked since is being deliberately dishonest or simply ignorant.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If they went from 3 championships to 7-9, 8-8 seasons you might have a point, but they didn't so you don't. Statistically speaking, the Patriots have been better post-spygate than they were pre-spygate, but you don't want to hear that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

They've played 5 Super Bowl in the Belichick/Brady era. All 5 of them were incredibly close games that went down to the last minute and could have easily gone either way.

To make it sound like they dominated before spygate and have sucked since is being deliberately dishonest or simply ignorant.

actually you sound like the dense one. They won three close ones before spygate was found out about. They have since lost 2 and before that they had not lost a AFC championship game. That edge is slight- just enough for spygate to be the answer. But you refuse to admit it and keep slobbering over the pats.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
actually you sound like the dense one. They won three close ones before spygate was found out about. They have since lost 2 and before that they had not lost a AFC championship game. That edge is slight- just enough for spygate to be the answer. But you refuse to admit it and keep slobbering over the pats.

Yes. My point from jump street. Thank you. Maybe he will ignore it again.

Jets bills and Miami in division.
And probably still cheating. Just not as much.

5 SBs all incredibly close. But lost post SPYGATE. Couldn't cheat enough to swing it to a win.

Seattle is garbage this year. If they pull that NFC title game crap in SB then Bill and Brady will make them pay and win.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If this proven to be true they will get a slap on the wrist like they did before & nothing will change.

Their fans will insist it did not matter & they are great no matter what & their haters will say oh well just the Pats cheating again.

Rogah

Reaction score
Thank you for showing you don't have the first clue about statistical analysis and natural variation.

Still waiting for someone to explain how they are winning at a greater percentage since Spygate than before.

Rogah

Reaction score
If this proven to be true they will get a slap on the wrist like they did before & nothing will change.

Their fans will insist it did not matter & they are great no matter what & their haters will say oh well just the Pats cheating again.
We drink your tears..!!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Thank you for showing you don't have the first clue about statistical analysis and natural variation.

Still waiting for someone to explain how they are winning at a greater percentage since Spygate than before.

Still cheating.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Yes. My point from jump street. Thank you. Maybe he will ignore it again.

Jets bills and Miami in division.
And probably still cheating. Just not as much.

5 SBs all incredibly close. But lost post SPYGATE. Couldn't cheat enough to swing it to a win.

Seattle is garbage this year. If they pull that NFC title game crap in SB then Bill and Brady will make them pay and win.

Losing Percy Harvin on offense, and the departure of Gus Bradley as DC seem to have really hurt them.

They don't seem that close to being the team and playing with the same swag they had last year - at least not until the end of the 4th quarter on Sunday.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Losing Percy Harvin on offense, and the departure of Gus Bradley as DC seem to have really hurt them.

They don't seem that close to being the team and playing with the same swag they had last year - at least not until the end of the 4th quarter on Sunday.

Yup. This ain't going to be Peyton "house of folding cards" Manning out there.

Pats for the win.
Seattle was completely horrible at home for Atleast 2 games I know of... Us and NFC title game. Almost completely pedestrian.... I know... Insulting pedestrians worldwide.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just curious. I haven't really been following this story. I read that this whole scandal started when one of the Colts' players intercepted a Brady pass, noticed the ball was underinflated, and gave it to a member of the Colts' staff. But don't the refs touch the ball after every play to spot it? So how did they not feel anything funny that this player instantly noticed?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Just curious. I haven't really been following this story. I read that this whole scandal started when one of the Colts' players intercepted a Brady pass, noticed the ball was underinflated, and gave it to a member of the Colts' staff. But don't the refs touch the ball after every play to spot it? So how did they not feel anything funny that this player instantly noticed?

Maybe they did, ... or maybe they were told to ignore it.

And the plot thickens.

Rogah

Reaction score
At least 2 officials (usually more) handle the ball between plays. They know what a properly inflated ball is. So they must have been in on the cheat too. :laugh: