NFL: Jerry Jones on Cowboys following Dak Prescott injury: 'We should adjust expectations'

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
"We should adjust expectations. (It's) different than optimism. But we should adjust our expectations. Dak is a very incremental part of the potential success to this football team," Jones said Friday on the K&C Masterpiece on 105.3 The Fan. "On the other hand, if we don't reach where we want to go ... and the ultimate success is to win the championship ... it will not be because of Andy Dalton. It will not be because of our play at quarterback. He's capable of stepping in and playing at that level."

Dalton is no Dak. He's not as mobile, as lively, as explosive, nor does he have as many reps with the Cowboys play-makers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jone...k-prescott-injury-we-should-adjust-expectatio

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"We should adjust expectations. (It's) different than optimism. But we should adjust our expectations. Dak is a very incremental part of the potential success to this football team," Jones said Friday on the K&C Masterpiece on 105.3 The Fan. "On the other hand, if we don't reach where we want to go ... and the ultimate success is to win the championship ... it will not be because of Andy Dalton. It will not be because of our play at quarterback. He's capable of stepping in and playing at that level."

Dalton is no Dak. He's not as mobile, as lively, as explosive, nor does he have as many reps with the Cowboys play-makers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jerry-jone...k-prescott-injury-we-should-adjust-expectatio

Nobody talks out of both sides of their mouth like Jerry Jones.
:facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we were 1-3 we weren’t exactly taking the league over

Forget the quarterback, we have a defense that can't stop anybody. We just 'pulled it out' having to 'outscore' the worst offense in the league 37-34!

If we can't show some semblance of stopping anything or anybody, it won't matter who the quarterback is.

Dak was playing out of his mind and we were still fortunate not to be winless.

catiii

Reaction score

He contradicted himself. More Jerry-speak. Have another drink.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Began adjusting expectations when he began talking.

You let a man talk long enough and you'll find out how much he doesn't know.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My big concern is defense. My hope is LVE coming back will help in stopping the run game. I think Aldon Smith was been a blessing and DLaw looked the best he has in a while. Secondary still shaky but I do think Brown returning was a big help and hope CA returns it will help sure up the secondary. DT for me is a big concern looking forward to seeing what Gallimore can bring to the DT position. Right now I'm looking for improvements, not miracles

BigD_95

Reaction score

We were 1-3 under Dak? How much worse can it be.

nothing against Dak but I think after the 1st several games fans adjusted their expectations