Video: NFL: Jimmy Johnson Full Hall of Fame Speech

Legend

Reaction score
Once Jimmy’s Cowboys started to win; they became young rockstars.

Thus, the wild parties off the football field.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is about this man:

JimmyJohnson600.jpg

Members attempting to derail the thread with stuff not about a head coach, who shares a tiny circle of Hall of Fame coaches, and who also lives within an even tinier circle of Dallas Cowboys hall of fame coaches

will

be

benched

from

this

thread

I ask that all members do not quote members attempting to derail the thread. Those posts will be auto-deleted also. Please report those comments instead if you so desire.

Thread re-opened.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread is about this man:

JimmyJohnson600.jpg

Members attempting to derail the thread with stuff not about a head coach, who shares a tiny circle of Hall of Fame coaches, and who also lives within an even tinier circle of Dallas Cowboys hall of fame coaches

will

be

benched

from

this

thread

I ask that all members do not quote members attempting to derail the thread. Those posts will be auto-deleted also. Please report those comments instead if you so desire.

Thread re-opened.
Thank you!! :thumbup:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Congratulations Coach, well deserved. I'm an old time fan but thise teams Jimmy created on Dallas were among the best I've ever seen.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
78 years old? Man he looks good. I didn't snap that he's that old. He looks way better than Jerry and they're both the same age.

Here's a pretty cool video. What a ride it was!

dckid

Reaction score

This coach was just amazing. What he did for this organization is unbelievable. He single handedly flushed the culture, Rebuilt, tanked in 89 to go from 1 win to 7, then 11 and finally 13. He gives credit to everyone. Master motivator, always positive. I was young and I thought we had 10+ years, thought we would have had a Bill Walsh, Gibbs type run but it was so short. Something like that would never happen. No coach would walk away from back to back titles with a chance to go for 3. Strong willed but still a man of principle. He is everything that Jerry was not. His NFL films football life is amazing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy for Jimmy! Great job Coach… glad he’s in the HOF and now the ROH (finally)!

His speech was heartfelt. Felt for his whole family when he acknowledged he never saw a snap of his sons playing football though…. Damn.
He's not in the ROH yet … lol. We'll see how quickly it happens.

It was interesting to see Jimmy's TV colleagues pushing Jerry to commit to putting Jimmy in the ROH.