NFL | Leaf may be hired to analyze the NFL Draft

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:46:41 -0800

The New York Post reports the NFL Network, which for the first time will provide counter-coverage to ESPN's presentation of the NFL Draft April 29, is interested in having former NFL QB Ryan Leaf, the 1998 No. 2 pick, as part of its draft show, an NFL Network spokesman confirmed.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
LOL.

I don't even need a punchline.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
He needs to keep his *** here and pay attention to his new coaching job.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Leaf that "NFL Draft" isn't a new brand of beer.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys hired him to tell us who not to draft, seriously no matter how bad the Cowboys draft picks have been over the years this guy and Tony Mandrich from Green Bay give me consolation that it is after all a crapshoot in so many ways. You know TO may have baggage but at least if you sign him you know he can really play, now whether the other stuff ends up outweighing that well thats another issue, sorry for the mind drift..

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Jim Rome vs Jim Everett part II

1st question Ryan, "who do you see as being this year's er...you...in the draft"?

(table gets turned over) Leaf (standing over co-host): "why don't you just get out of my face OKAYYY?????"

:laugh1:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm at work and they know that I'll frequent the internet, they just don't want it to be obvious. Thanks Ryan for making it impossible for me to not burst out laughing at my work desk.

Rich............

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Jim Rome vs Jim Everett part II

1st question Ryan, "who do you see as being this year's er...you...in the draft"?

(table gets turned over) Leaf (standing over co-host): "why don't you just get out of my face OKAYYY?????"

:laugh1:
That would be sweet it Berman was the cohost :D

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Wonder what this draft coverage will be like? Hopefull they pay better attention to the draft after round 1 then ESPN does.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 04:46:41 -0800

The New York Post reports the NFL Network, which for the first time will provide counter-coverage to ESPN's presentation of the NFL Draft April 29, is interested in having former NFL QB Ryan Leaf, the 1998 No. 2 pick, as part of its draft show, an NFL Network spokesman confirmed.
Do you see what I see here? The NFL, which owns the product then licenses coverage of it to networks for ridiculous amounts of money, is now competing with one of its customers? This is great for the fans (who will have a choice), but it's bad for business.

Imagine if you are Disney and you're 20 years of draft coverage will now be at risk against the very league you are covering's channel, guaranteed to have better inside access, more interviews, etc. Then they start (slowly) moving the best games on the schedule onto their own channel.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. Why these guys would mess with their real money line is beyond me.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'd take anyone over Theismann....besides, just because a guy couldn't cut it in the NFL doesn't mean he's not smart or articulate. Most of the guys on TV weren't successful athletes.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'd much rather listen to his insight than the buffoons from Bristol.

I hope the NFLN does a show for hardcore fans. ESPN has to try for a rating so they dumb it down beyond belief -- Matt Leinart is a QB. He won the Heisman Trophy two years ago. The Heisman Trophy is for the best player in college football----

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year I think they had Corey Chavous on there. So I imagine he'll be on there along w/Mike Mayock and Rich Eisen playing Boomer.

Don't know who else they'd have on the show. Leaf to me would bring down the credibility of the show, but then who knows? Haven't seen his on-camera act outside of lockerroom blow-ups. He may have matured since then and know a lil something...