NFL Network - Deion Sanders: Canton/Prime

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aeneas Williams
Rhonde Barber
Troy Vincent
Rod Woodson

A few off top who were Myth's equals some were better.(barber, woodson)

Barber will be in the HOF for those who'll disagree

Cowboys signed Myth during the 1995 season, the Eagles signed Vincent during the 1996 off season, they got the better player from 96 on...(and Myth was great in 96 and the 8 games in 97)

The dumbest thing Jerry has ever done as GM is crippling his salary cap on Myth.

Aeneas Williams, Rhonde Barber and Troy Vincent were Deion's equal? Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Thanks for the laugh.

Woodson was close, but I'd still give the nod to Deion.

JackWagon

Reaction score
I dunno man ... Rod Woodson is definately in the conversation for best DB of all time. Ronnie Lott, Mel Blount, Lester Hayes, Mike Haines, Night Train Lane ... those guys could ball.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Aeneas Williams
Rhonde Barber
Troy Vincent
Rod Woodson

A few off top who were Myth's equals some were better.(barber, woodson)

Barber will be in the HOF for those who'll disagree

Cowboys signed Myth during the 1995 season, the Eagles signed Vincent during the 1996 off season, they got the better player from 96 on...(and Myth was great in 96 and the 8 games in 97)

The dumbest thing Jerry has ever done as GM is crippling his salary cap on Sanders.

Touched it up but I agree with the bolded. He bought that last SB but we've had cap problems since then.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I dunno man ... Rod Woodson is definately in the conversation for best DB of all time. Ronnie Lott, Mel Blount, Lester Hayes, Mike Haines, Night Train Lane ... those guys could ball.

I agree but after Blount you had a different game. None of those guys would be as great in today's game; unless they changed their game which I'm betting some could. Lane couldn't. I don't know about the others.

I think it's Mike Haynes.

Last edited:

JackWagon

Reaction score
Yea ... by far the 2 best on the same team were Haynes and Hayes in Oakland. I still remember watching them shut down offenses.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
End this craziness now.

PrimeTime Deion Sanders was the best cover corner to ever play the game. He had to act like he was beaten, "bait" qb's to throw he ball his way.

That dude was blazing fast, had velcro cover skills and was scary with the ball in his hands. He scored a total of six touchdowns on punt returns, three TDs on kickoff returns, and returned nine interceptions for scores. He retired second all-time in interception return yardage. He played some offense also. 60 receptions for 784 yards and 3 TDs.

I am glad he was a cowboy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think Sanders was the best cover guy to play the game. As for his alter ego Prime Time it was a means of self promotion but never had an issue with it because he was willing to do what was asked of him
His influence on our locker room during his tenure in Dallas was downright toxic to some players who followed him around like an entourage. Switzer allowed it and promoted it and the culture unfortunately stuck around for a very long time.

Gameover

Reaction score
Aeneas Williams, Rhonde Barber and Troy Vincent were Deion's equal? Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Thanks for the laugh.

Woodson was close, but I'd still give the nod to Deion.

Take away the showmanship and self promotion and he's D. Green. #truth

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Take away the showmanship and self promotion and he's D. Green. #truth

Darrell Green was a great corner too. He's also in the Hall of Fame. I still put Deion over Darrell Green. Green was fast, but he was smaller, and he didn't have the open field running ability Deion had. Don't get me wrong, Green was good. Real good. But Deion was in a class by himself. I've never seen a corner weave through openings like Deion did. He made it look so easy.

coult44

Reaction score
#21 is possibly the best CB in the history if the NFL. By far the best ever in Dallas. The same folks who hate Sanders also like NBA short shorts, hate the Seahawks Unis, and are against instant replay in MLB. Old timers, purists, against change.... Why the other sport references? Just to show I'm right and how silly you are....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate Deion Sanders with a passion, and hate that he was ever a Cowboy, but, on the field, he was hands-down the best CB I've ever seen.

Michael Haynes, Rod Woodson, and Darrell Green get honorable mention, but Deion in his prime was better than all of them.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
#21 is possibly the best CB in the history if the NFL. By far the best ever in Dallas. The same folks who hate Sanders also like NBA short shorts, hate the Seahawks Unis, and are against instant replay in MLB. Old timers, purists, against change.... Why the other sport references? Just to show I'm right and how silly you are....

I hate Deion because he was/is an A**. Seen him several times in person and he treats other people like crap. He is a POS. Could care less about NBA shorts. Think the Seabag unis are pretty ugly. Wish MLB had done something with instant replay long ago.

No you arent right, but you are silly!

coult44

Reaction score
I hate Deion because he was/is an A**. Seen him several times in person and he treats other people like crap. He is a POS. Could care less about NBA shorts. Think the Seabag unis are pretty ugly. Wish MLB had done something with instant replay long ago.

No you arent right, but you are silly!

I worked three different times with him. Twice while he was playing and once after. He was always great to be around. Polite and didn't act like I thought he would have. Are you going by personal experience, or just by what you've heard?