NFL Network is saying the cap will increase well over $10m next season

ultron

Reaction score
They are saying the cap increase next year will be SIGNIFICANT.

With that being said, don’t freak out when Dak signs that $40 million/yr contract in the next few days fellas.

This information is going to affect contract negotiations this year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I won't freak out, but Stephen still can't let France whoop his butt on this contract. Anyways, I still think $40M is too much for Dak even in the current state.

Maybe those reports of Dak/France asking for $40M is true because they knew the cap jump was happening.

I see why Dak hasn't signed and his agent didn't bother talking to the Cowboys...wonder where they settle at.

ultron

Reaction score
I won't freak out, but Stephen still can't let France whoop his butt on this contract. Anyways, I still think $40M is too much for Dak even in the current state.

Maybe those reports of Dak/France asking for $40M is true because they knew the cap jump was happening.

I see why Dak hasn't signed and his agent didn't bother talking to the Cowboys...wonder where they settle at.
It may not be $40m but it’ll be in the $37m range in my opinion. Hindsight 20/20 - I really wish he signed that $33/m offer at the beginning of the season lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they hadn’t have dragged their feet on these contracts then they probably could’ve got Byron.

Now Cooper and Dak will just more of that extra 10 mill and Dallas will give it to them.

ultron

Reaction score
If they hadn’t have dragged their feet on these contracts then they probably could’ve got Byron.

Now Cooper and Dak will just more of that extra 10 mill and Dallas will give it to them.
I don’t feel like they dragged their feet. Negotiations work both ways, the agents wanted to wait until this CBA was resolved - which unfortunately is smart, it was just bad timing to have multiple high level free agents.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I keep seeing all these posts about how the cowboys can keep everyone, and sign anyone they want. Problem is this isnt just free money to play with. The price for Dak, Amari, Byron etc all just went up with this news.

Mr_437

Reaction score
It may not be $40m but it’ll be in the $37m range in my opinion. Hindsight 20/20 - I really wish he signed that $33/m offer at the beginning of the season lol
Yes, that deal would've been cussed at that time then loved by now.

ultron

Reaction score
Yes, that deal would've been cussed at that time then loved by now.
You’re absolutely right! That Zeke deal is looking pretty good right now (especially the way it’s structured and especially if he can come into camp/the season in shape)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

With that being said, don’t freak out when Dak signs that $40 million/yr contract in the next few days fellas.

Anti-Dakers be like...
Resized-P-x-UA7b1-In-D8z0r-TKKx-G.gif

:lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With QB salaries skyrocketing they have to significantly raise the cap.

ultron

Reaction score
That's why I don't understand those who say that by signing Dak to a huge contract will "cripple their salary cap for years" because the truth is it won't.

I think it’s because people are just ‘misinformed’ to put it politely. That’s why I love this forum because you can really learn a lot if you pay attention to people that really know their stuff.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That's why I don't understand those who say that by signing Dak to a huge contract will "cripple their salary cap for years" because the truth is it won't.

It really just depends. The dak issue seems to be the length of the deal. If dak is really holding out for a 3 year deal to get paid again at an even higher number the cowboys will never really get ahead. People bring up the average amount each year of a deal, but it really does seem that the more important aspect is the length. If he signs a 7 year deal averaging $37MM a year, it wont be that bad on year 4-7 unless his play drops off significantly.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

34.5mil AAV 4yrs

If the Cowboys get their way for a bigger deal I see it more because Dallas will have the ability to them fluff yrs that allow them to restructure and extend him. Getting this CBA done without much fighting between side is a great thing for Dallas.

More flexibility to sign Dak and Amari, and ability to restructure players like Lawrence, Martin and Tyron without it really handicapping them in future yrs. The Jones' have done a superb job in setting the team up for a new HC and not having restrictions in resources

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol this board is going to be crazy the next few days - there will be a Dak war, I called it before Skip even said anything on Undisputed. I swear he was basically reading my exact post.
I wonder which poster in here is actually Skip? :laugh:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

They see the numbers 36 AAV and think Dak is going to make 36mil every yr. And dont even bother to take into account the rise in the cap every yr. And add to that the increases will be alot more going forward because of that extra game, the new TV deal and the increase they will get in the slice of the revenue in this CBA.

Fans glance at a articles headline and instead of reading it, form an opinion of that article without even reading it, but swear they did.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Everyone sais they dragged their feet on Dak but it takes two to tango and honestly, I don’t think his representation ever had any intention of letting him sign before the 2019 season. They knew and the Cowboys knew that this was coming.

it almost feels inevitable and while there are people who think that Dak could have been had for 23-26 million last off season I don’t thst ever had a chance.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think it’s because people are just ‘misinformed’ to put it politely. That’s why I love this forum because you can really learn a lot if you pay attention to people that really know their stuff.
Exactly, if you also just click open a new tab and do some quick research past what a national TV personality said then posters would collectively be more informed.

As long as the core players on this team perform (Dak, Zeke, Oline, Coop, LB’s, DLaw), the FO will have enough to maneuver the other moving parts of the roster. With good coaching and health, this core should keep us competitive annually

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think we better see if they are even playing this fall.
I assume they will be but it's not a given