NFL Network Just Reported: Herm Edwards IS *officially* out in NY

KingTuna

Reaction score
Said he has spoken to all of his coaches and said goodbye...

Guess we will now find out if this is what Parcells was waiting for to become the next GM of the Jets......

DBoys

Reaction score
KingTuna said:

Guess we will now find out if this is what Parcells was waiting for to become the next GM of the Jets......

If Parcells leave I will lose all respect for him.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
KingTuna said:

I expect Bill back, but the longer it takes to speak on the subject the more likely something nutty is afoot.

KingTuna

Reaction score
marsbennett said:
I expect Bill back, but the longer it takes to speak on the subject the more likely something nutty is afoot.

That is my concern...Every day that passes smells more and more like something is cooking at Valley Ranch..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DBoys said:
If Parcells leave I will lose all respect for him.
I'd just ask that we get whatever picks KC sends to NY in return:):):)

I'm not married to any player or coach so much that I would refuse draft pick compensation.

DBoys

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
That is my concern...Every day that passes smells more and more like something is cooking at Valley Ranch..

If he leaves what do you think we get for compensation?

KingTuna

Reaction score
DBoys said:
If he leaves what do you think we get for compensation?

IF he leaves to be a general manager then I don't think we have to give them anything... ONLY if he goes there to coach....

IF this is going to happen, Parcells already has everything figured out....

Gaede

Reaction score
marsbennett said:

yeah, this is what I think too

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Package Parcells, Glover and Ellis for a pair of 1st-round picks. :) lol

mwmilsted

Reaction score
Dale said:
I was thinking the same. However, in that case the deal would not close until March.

TheHustler

Reaction score
KingTuna said:
IF he leaves to be a general manager then I don't think we have to give them anything... ONLY if he goes there to coach....

Hm. Anyone know for certain?

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Damn! I was hoping Herm Edwards would be the next coach of the Cowboys.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
KingTuna said:

If he leaves here either way we don't have to give anything we GET picks if he goes elsewhere and only if JJ agrees to it. He can't go if he's under contract JJ could file a complaint with the NFL and they'd make him sit until his contract was up. Now JJ would ask for a Number 1 for sure but the Jets have already said they want as many picks as they can get so I doubt they "take" him back if they have to give anything in return.

jksmith269

Reaction score
ESPN News just reported the talks between NY and KC have stalled as of now becasue the comp NY is asking for....

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jksmith269 said:
ESPN News just reported the talks between NY and KC have stalled as of now becasue the comp NY is asking for....
...and NY is just looking for a 4th and a 5th.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Dale said:
The Jets pick #4, any chance Vince Young comes out and he's available at #4? I'd trade Bill for Vince Young any day and twice on Sunday. :D

jksmith269

Reaction score
Erik_H said:
...and NY is just looking for a 4th and a 5th.
Yeah but NY is wanting the picks in seperate years and KC is wanting both picks to be this years draft. Also think Herm may get fired and just playing a waiting game to see if they can get him for free.....But just a bit ago they said talks had started back up so who know and really who cares what the jets and KC do...what ever happens no big deal BP stays or leaves No big deal JJ will bring a coach he likes even from retirement if need be.....