NFL Network talks with Deion, Mariucci about becoming analysts

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | NFL Network close to a deal with Mariucci
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:52:10 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports former NFL head coach Steve Mariucci is close to a deal for one of the studio slots with the NFL Network.

NFL | NFL Network talking with Deion
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:51:52 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports former NFL CB Deion Sanders has reduced his asking price and is talking to NFL Network about joining as a studio analyst.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
NFL | NFL Network close to a deal with Mariucci
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:52:10 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports former NFL head coach Steve Mariucci is close to a deal for one of the studio slots with the NFL Network.

NFL | NFL Network talking with Deion
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:51:52 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports former NFL CB Deion Sanders has reduced his asking price and is talking to NFL Network about joining as a studio analyst.

I hope the NFL Networks have lowered their respective offer to Sanders as well. The guy is horrible. He was a great CB, but he is terrible behind a microphone.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I couldn't stand deIon when he was playing but he is even more annoying as an analyst.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
if u hate deion as a analyst you must hate irvin as well.they are pretty much the same except irvin is louder.

i love them both.deion is the reason i watched cbs occasionally.now that hes gone.NO SIR.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unforgiven said:
I hope the NFL Networks have lowered their respective offer to Sanders as well. The guy is horrible. He was a great CB, but he is terrible behind a microphone.

Agreed.

I just flat out could not watch the CBS pre-game shows because of him.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
who would yall rather see deion sanders or rod woodson?

no brainer.sorry

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Man I liked Deion behind the desk. He spoke very fast and you could actually understand every word he said, unlike Irvin and Shannon Sharpe.

I can remember once Deion was going over 15 seconds of Atlanta Falcons highlights and he must have said 800 words that were ckear and pertinent. Dan Marino(pretty sure) followed him w/ another team's highlights and was speaking 50 words per minute and you could hear Deion laughing in the background. Marino was struggling and said in a bad tone "do you want to take over?". Deion picked it up at 800 words a minute and didn't miss a beat.

He's a much better announcer than football player at this point, IMO.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed.

I still can't....trying to listen to Dan, Boomer and Mushmouth is painful.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Unforgiven said:

I was thinking the same thing...Loved Deion as a Cowboy...But as a Analyst.:eek:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Unforgiven said:
NFL Network has a propensity for hiring bad talking heads. That's their job ... find retired football players with no communications skills or no charisma and give them a prominent role (starter minutes, if you will).

Isn't it funny how every other show on TV tweaks and refines the program every year and you wish they would just leave it alone .... but NFL Total Access just stays the same.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
if they hire deion their ratings will go up.

period.espn needs to hire him and get rid of tom jackson.

irvin and deion in the same studio=heaven.no homo

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
if they hire deion their ratings will go up.

period.espn needs to hire him and get rid of tom jackson.

irvin and deion in the same studio=heaven.no homo

Get rid of Tom Jackson for Deion??? :eek:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Agreed.

Amen. My dislike for Deion grew even more after watching him as analyst :D

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
who would yall rather see deion sanders or rod woodson?

no brainer.sorry

I rather see Rod Woodson. Rod is bit underwhelming personality, but he is good realist type of analyst. He doesn't have homerisms either.