NFL Network's Top 100 Players for 2018

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Things are skewed towards QBs in general. However, who are you taking QB-wise after Rodgers, Brady, and Brees? Have you consistently watched Wilson? Most of the people who criticize Wilson don't even watch their games except when the Seahawks are on prime time. I've followed his entire career from the start and he generates offense differently than the "Fantasy Football" stat sheet champion QBs. Also, a lot of people who criticize him have to stick to their agenda against him after being proved wrong for labeling him "just a running QB" when he entered the league. No marquee WR, crappy OL, no running game since Lynch and still led them to the playoffs every year except last (5/6). As much as he has to do, he's never missed a game.
I’ve watched plenty of Russell Wilson games. Why isn’t Doug Baldwin considered a marquee WR? He had a crappy OL and a bad running game last year, but most of his career, he’s had one of the best lines, Lynch, and one of the top defenses. Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, and Matthew Stafford should be ahead of Wilson.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I’ve watched plenty of Russell Wilson games. Why isn’t Doug Baldwin considered a marquee WR? He had a crappy OL and a bad running game last year, but most of his career, he’s had one of the best lines, Lynch, and one of the top defenses. Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, and Matthew Stafford should be ahead of Wilson.

Bad OL and crappy running game only last year? That tells me all I need to know. Sorry but you don't know Seattle.

Here's an article written in 2016 that chronicles the Seahawks recent and historic line troubles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-why-seattles-offensive-line-is-now-an-unavoidable-problem
"For years, the combination of Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson, and the read-option looks the Seahawks ran on offense could offset—in a huge way—the negative impact the line was having. This season, Lynch is now retired, Wilson has been banged up early and isn’t the same mobile threat, and the line itself may have gotten worse over the offseason, which is something that seemed impossible given the unit’s 2015 campaign."​

You saying this is BS?

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Bad OL and crappy running game only last year? That tells me all I need to know. Sorry but you don't know Seattle.

Here's an article written in 2016 that chronicles the Seahawks recent and historic line troubles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-why-seattles-offensive-line-is-now-an-unavoidable-problem
"For years, the combination of Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson, and the read-option looks the Seahawks ran on offense could offset—in a huge way—the negative impact the line was having. This season, Lynch is now retired, Wilson has been banged up early and isn’t the same mobile threat, and the line itself may have gotten worse over the offseason, which is something that seemed impossible given the unit’s 2015 campaign."​

You saying this is BS?
And you saying Doug Baldwin isn’t a marquee receiver is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read, so get off of your arrogant high horse. You obviously haven’t watched enough Seattle games!

AtlCPA

Reaction score

You saying this is BS?
Seattle ranked 3rd in rushing in 2012, 4th in 2013, 1st in 2014, and 3rd in 2015. The offensive line was doing something right.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And you saying Doug Baldwin isn’t a marquee receiver is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read, so get off of your arrogant high horse. You obviously haven’t watched enough Seattle games!

I don't put a ton of stock in this list, but you do realize that if Joe Thomas hadn't retired, marquee receiver Doug Baldwin would have been ranked #100 here, right? Now he's #99 instead. Lol. And I've obviously watched more than you and enough to know the historic trend of their offensive line over the years without looking. You simply got busted talking out of your rear end.

Seattle ranked 3rd in rushing in 2012, 4th in 2013, 1st in 2014, and 3rd in 2015. The offensive line was doing something right.

You started this whole thing by knocking Russell Wilson. He's a QB. They drop back to pass most of the time, you know? And did you read the one quote I pulled from that expansive article? You got owned, son. At least you returned to try diversion. Didn't think you were going to show yourself again after my last post, so kudos.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
I don't put a ton of stock in this list, but you do realize that if Joe Thomas hadn't retired, marquee receiver Doug Baldwin would have been ranked #100 here, right? Now he's #99 instead. Lol. And I've obviously watched more than you and enough to know the historic trend of their offensive line over the years without looking. You simply got busted talking out of your rear end.

You started this whole thing by knocking Russell Wilson. He's a QB. They drop back to pass most of the time, you know? And did you read the one quote I pulled from that expansive article? You got owned, son. At least you returned to try diversion. Didn't think you were going to show yourself again after my last post, so kudos.
Sorry, I didn’t realize you had such a personal attachment to Russell Wilson. Are there any other players that are off limits to criticize in your world?

Also, I’m not your son and saying that you “own” anyone is taking this discussion from an adult conversation into a childish fight.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A huge part of that was Wilson himself: he was running for 500-900 yards in those years because the OL was bad (and because he's great), not because they were good.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
A huge part of that was Wilson himself: he was running for 500-900 yards in those years because the OL was bad (and because he's great), not because they were good.
Marshawn Lynch was getting 1,200 - 1,600 yards and averaging between 4.2 and 5.0 yards per rush those years as well.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Not that I think Wilson is bad by any stretch, but watching him sometimes makes me wonder at what point improvising becomes too much and starts to hurt the offense. I imagine it's hard to block or run a route if it's too much of not knowing where the guy is going.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn’t realize you had such a personal attachment to Russell Wilson. Are there any other players that are off limits to criticize in your world?

Also, I’m not your son and saying that you “own” anyone is taking this discussion from an adult conversation into a childish fight.

Personal attachment? Maybe. I saw his story when he got drafted by Seattle (where I'd just moved from) and thought he was intriguing so I made it a point to see how he'd do. I watched him win his starting job in preseason so I literally have seen him from the beginning and cheered Pete Carroll's decision to roll with him as a rookie. He's not off limits for criticizing but if people are going to criticize, it has to be better than generalized opinion with nothing to back it up, especially for when you run into people who do know the guy and the team.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Not that I think Wilson is bad by any stretch, but watching him sometimes makes me wonder at what point improvising becomes too much and starts to hurt the offense. I imagine it's hard to block or run a route if it's too much of not knowing where the guy is going.

But why does he have to improvise? When given a clean pocket, he can throw deep among the best of QBs. Remember the NFC Championship Game against Green Bay when he laid the game winning bomb right into the arms of the receiver in OT? He's had a great deep touch his entire career. The thing missing has been adequate protection to operate. He has to do even more now that they're searching for a running game from year to year so it looks like he'll be leaned on even more if they can't find someone to stick back there to take the pressure off.

Lutonio

Reaction score
But why does he have to improvise? When given a clean pocket, he can throw deep among the best of QBs. Remember the NFC Championship Game against Green Bay when he laid the game winning bomb right into the arms of the receiver in OT? He's had a great deep touch his entire career. The thing missing has been adequate protection to operate. He has to do even more now that they're searching for a running game from year to year so it looks like he'll be leaned on even more if they can't find someone to stick back there to take the pressure off.

That's kind of my point though. He doesn't have to improvise every time. I see him run into pressure a lot because the lone doesn't know what he's going to do. I think it was a little worse last year with him trying to carry everyone and no dominant run game.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see him run into pressure a lot because the lone doesn't know what he's going to do.
I think this is true in the sense that the line is like, "Hey, all those defenders just ran right by us. I don't know what Russell's going to do now!"

CPanther95

Reaction score
Here are the final standings:

1. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
2. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers
3. Carson Wentz, QB, Eagles
4. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons
5. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers
6.Todd Gurley, RB, Rams
7. Aaron Donald, DT, Rams
8. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
9. Von Miller, LB, Broncos
10. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers
11. Russell Wilson, QB, Seahawks
12. Luke Kuechly, LB, Panthers
13. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans
14. Calais Campbell, DE, Jaguars
15. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots
16. Khalil Mack, DE, Raiders
17. Jalen Ramsey, CB, Jaguars
18. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers
19. Everson Griffen, DE, Vikings
20. Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints
21. Bobby Wagner, LB, Seahawks
22. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals
23. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals
24. Travis Kelce, TE, Chiefs
25. Cam Newton, QB, Panthers
26. Cameron Jordan, DE, Saints
27. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
28. Chandler Jones, DE, Cardinals
29. Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons
30. LeSean McCoy, RB, Bills
31. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions
32. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Texans
33. Kareem Hunt, RB, Chiefs
34. DeMarcus Lawrence, DE Cowboys
35. A.J. Bouye, CB, Jaguars
36. Adam Thielen, WR, Vikings
37. Joey Bosa, DE, Chargers
38. Jared Goff, QB, Rams
39. Tyron Smith, OT, Cowboys
40. Tyreek Hill, WR, Chiefs
41. Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers
42. Earl Thomas, S, Seahawks
43. Mark Ingram Jr., RB, Saints
44. David DeCastro, G, Steelers
45. Davante Adams, WR, Packers
46. Harrison Smith, FS, Vikings
47. Ryan Shazier, LB, Steelers
48. Cameron Heyward, DE, Steelers
49. Darius Slay, CB, Lions
50. Deshaun Watson, QB, Texans
51. Case Keenum, QB, Vikings
52. Jarvis Landry, WR, Dolphins
53. Aqib Talib, CB, Broncos
54. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Cowboys
55. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Vikings
56. Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers
57. Trent Williams, OT, Commanders
58. Leonard Fournette, RB, Jaguars
59. Casey Hayward, CB, Chargers
60. Derek Carr, QB, Raiders
61. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Rams
62. Micah Hyde, S, Bills
63. Geno Atkins, DT, Bengals
64. Richard Sherman, CB, 49ers
65. Stefon Diggs, WR, Vikings
66. Jurrell Casey, DE, Titans
67. Telvin Smith, LB, Jaguars
68. Zach Ertz, TE, Eagles
69. Fletcher Cox, DT, Eagles
70. Devonta Freeman, RB, Falcons
71. Zack Martin, G, Cowboys
72. Delanie Walker, TE, Titans
73. Thomas Davis, LB, Panthers
74. Cameron Wake, DE, Dolphins
75. Kam Chancellor, S, Seahawks
76. Melvin Ingram, DE, Chargers
77. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, Giants
78. Taylor Lewan, OT, Titans
79. Marcus Peters, CB, Tams
80. Kevin Byard, S, Titans
81. Michael Thomas, WR, Saints
82. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Saints
83. Linval Joseph, DT, Vikings
84. J.J. Watt, DE, Texans
85. Bruce Irvin, DE, Raiders
86. Chris Harris Jr., CB, Broncos
87. Andrew Whitworth, OT, Rams
88. Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Jaguars
89. Jimmy Graham, TE, Seahawks
90. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 49ers
91. Davis Bakhtiari, OT, Packers
92. Landon Collins, S, Giants
93. Mike Daniels, DE, Packers
94. Kirk Cousins, QB, Vikings
95. Lane Johnson, OT, Eagles
96. Malcolm Jenkins, S, Eagles
97. Carlos Hyde, RB, Browns
98. C.J. Mosley, LB, Ravens
99. Doug Baldwin, WR, Seahawks
100. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Packers

mcmvp

Reaction score
Wentz at 3. Egads.

I was a bit shocked at that...seems a bit early to be that high in my opinion. Sort of like Dak in the teens last year. Way early.

Sounded by his comments as if Von Miller had Wentz first. Other defensive players were showing him respect too. But whatever...take every list with a grain of salt.

C42

Reaction score
Highest debut in Top 100 history. Well deserved imo. Played like a top 5 player this past year.