NFL | NFL Network talking to B. Gumbel

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:25:54 -0800

Andrew Marchand, of the New York Post, reports the NFL Network has had discussions with Bryant Gumbel about being the network's play-by-player on its new eight-game TV package next season, according to sources. Besides money, the other major issue is Gumbel's interest, considering he has limited play-by-play experience. At one time, he called golf for NBC

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

Andrew Marchand, of the New York Post, reports the NFL Network has had discussions with Bryant Gumbel about being the network's play-by-player on its new eight-game TV package next season, according to sources. Besides money, the other major issue is Gumbel's interest, considering he has limited play-by-play experience. At one time, he called golf for NBC
Yuck....I'd rather listen to Deion and Sterling Sharpe

TonyS

Reaction score
Couldn't be a more terrible person to select for play-by-play, except for maybe Gilbert Godfried, but then at least he would be funny.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

:write::omg::abuseme::rake:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TonyS said:
Couldn't be a more terrible person to select for play-by-play, except for maybe Gilbert Godfried, but then at least he would be funny.
He would be a pretty poor choice but then again I sat through those Theesman McGuire games... yuck.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Just what we need...a racist, high-brow talking down to all of us who follow football for the fun and excitement of the games. :)

burmafrd

Reaction score
Isn't he the idiot that claimed the Olympics were worthless since there were so few black athletes? What a worthless, racist piece of crap.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
jterrell said:
He would be a pretty poor choice but then again I sat through those Theesman McGuire games... yuck.

He is for sure a step up from those guys.

vicjagger

Reaction score
TonyS said:

Bryant Gumbel is Robin Williams compared to Gilbert.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TonyS said:

Gilbert is not funny, he's a whipping. But still better than Gum-ball.

mmurray21

Reaction score
Actually he said the Olympics were worthless because no one cares about made up sports like the half pike curling and all of these x-games sports. He also said that it was a farce to say that these are the best atheletes in the world when there are so few black athletes.

Frankly, I think he was right on both counts and not racist at all. But by all means misquote him and then call him a piece of crap becuase of your misquote.

acheman

Reaction score
How many black athletes do you think participate in the x games? I am not saying these should be valid sports for an Olympic competition, but I see no reason to discredit the participants, just because of a lack of blacks. He said it was a farce to call them the best athletes in the world, and you could find more blacks at a GOP convention. If black athletes do not compete in these games due to socio-economic, regional, or interest levels then that makes those others who do less athletic?

NorTex

Reaction score
Gum-Ball is a joke...he acts like he's so smart.

I see right thru the guy, its sad...stop acting and be real.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Gum-Ball is a joke...he acts like he's so smart.

I see right thru the guy, its sad...stop acting and be real.
Can you clarify what you mean by being real?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Gumbell is racist- he did not bother, or did not care, to find out or do research on why there are so few black athletes in the Winter Olympics.
Though its rather easy to see why: Cold climates with areas that have winter sports are not places where there are large populations of black people. Africa is not a place you go to ski. But the GOP thing was a typical liberal swipe- which just discredits the racist piece of crap even more.